*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series Universal Fit IEMs
Jan 18, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #167 of 218
FR graphs available here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/830062/crinacles-fr-measurement-database-150-iems-measured

These are unofficial so take with a grain of salt.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #169 of 218
I looked these are not even close on my product. Probably due to the makeshift ear sim.

That's unfortunate since the OP spent so much effort on measuring. I would hate to be the one to tell the OP to redo all 150 IEMs LOL.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #171 of 218
It's not worthless just not accurate. If all measurments where do the same to all brands there is some relevance to compare earpiece to earpiece. Just not accurate to the actual curve and exact freq.

If you get what I am saying.

Cudo for his effort.

Yes, the measurements that I've made are more for reference with others on the same rig. More as comparative catalogue than a definitive one. My setup has a very distinct downslope so that might be what's throwing you off.

I did manage to do a compensation curve to keep it more in line with IEC-standard couplers though. Just a simple rise up from 600Hz. That should be closer to the graphs that you're more used to. Perhaps if you could release JH's official FR curves so that I may compare...?

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #173 of 218
Proud owner of the new 13V2 Pro Universals here. I haven't had time to listen to them for very long. So far i'm very impressed though. I'm new to the forum, but i've been an audiophile for oh....about 25 years. I'd like to share an opinion once i'm done gathering my thoughts on them...if that's ok.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #174 of 218
These earphones are causing quite some costs for trying  eartips:

- Stock silicone tips are totally unacceptable (horrible confort)
- SpinFits are good with good isolation mediocre seal (have to readjust every few minutes). The surface is too slippery.
- Comply foams of course have perfect fit and seal. However for my taste they swllow a bit of the highs. And you have to buy new ones every now and then.
- Today's discovery: Muse tripleflanges. Good first impression. Might try their doubleflanges as the tripleflanges go very deep into the ear canal (Etymotic style)

Coming in the next days:

- Sony hybrid tips
- Westone tips

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #175 of 218

Yes, the measurements that I've made are more for reference with others on the same rig. More as comparative catalogue than a definitive one. My setup has a very distinct downslope so that might be what's throwing you off.

I did manage to do a compensation curve to keep it more in line with IEC-standard couplers though. Just a simple rise up from 600Hz. That should be closer to the graphs that you're more used to. Perhaps if you could release JH's official FR curves so that I may compare...?

I also appreciate the effort. I do think that FR is important but it's just one parameter. Phase becomes equally almost as important for an audiophile once source if good enough. Perhaps more important if it's weird enough.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #177 of 218
  I also appreciate the effort. I do think that FR is important but it's just one parameter. Phase becomes equally almost as important for an audiophile once source if good enough. Perhaps more important if it's weird enough.

I could not agree more Phase response is Key.

Of course, I'm aware that there are numerous other measurements that paint a larger picture of what we subjectively perceive in our headphones. Impulse, square waves, impedance and phase... (I'm personally a sucker for those beautiful CSD waterfalls graphs myself). However, I'll consider FR to be the "basic fundamentals" of a headphone, and thus I concentrated on that.

Anyways, I don't want to derail the thread too much, so further discussion can be had in my original thread.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #178 of 218
  These earphones are causing quite some costs for trying  eartips:

- Stock silicone tips are totally unacceptable (horrible confort)
- SpinFits are good with good isolation mediocre seal (have to readjust every few minutes). The surface is too slippery.
- Comply foams of course have perfect fit and seal. However for my taste they swllow a bit of the highs. And you have to buy new ones every now and then.
- Today's discovery: Muse tripleflanges. Good first impression. Might try their doubleflanges as the tripleflanges go very deep into the ear canal (Etymotic style)

Coming in the next days:

- Sony hybrid tips
- Westone tips

Update:

- Forget about Shure Olives --> They do not isolate at all. Another 5 bucks down the drain....

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #180 of 218
I have found good fit and sound from the Ortofon tips and the new Spinfit CP220 which is more of a bi flange tip. I was using Comfly foams before, but they really did negatively impact the highs like Bart said. The CP220 and Ortofon really bring out the highs and have made me enjoy these IEMs even more. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back