NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Aug 7, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #46 of 322
I like Kennerton but Kammerat has a point. My problem with them is that all of their open backs lack sub bass. It's actually amazing that a dynamic driver like the Verite can measure almost completely flat down to 20HZ but all of the Kennerton planars roll off by 30HZ. Typically, it's much easier for planar technology to achieve flat bass down to 20HZ without any roll off.

In addition, their earpads could use larger openings. They're kind of small and my ears are always touching some part of it.

So for me, I'd take the Verite over any Kennerton model ever made. Not only because I think the Verite sounds better, it's also much more comfortable. We all have our preferences and tastes.

All that said and done, let's bring on the Peacock reviews!!!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #47 of 322
I like Kennerton but Kammerat has a point. My problem with them is that all of their open backs lack sub bass. It's actually amazing that a dynamic driver like the Verite can measure almost completely flat down to 20HZ but all of the Kennerton planars roll off by 30HZ. Typically, it's much easier for planar technology to achieve flat bass down to 20HZ without any roll off.

In addition, their earpads could use larger openings. They're kind of small and my ears are always touching some part of it.

So for me, I'd take the Verite over any Kennerton model ever made. Not only because I think the Verite sounds better, it's also much more comfortable. We all have our preferences and tastes.

All that said and done, let's bring on the Peacock reviews!!!
I'm not much for measurements. All I know is I own the Verite and it doesn't get used a whole lot LOL. Rognir is a better sounding headphone ....simple as that imo.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #49 of 322
Aug 7, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #50 of 322
That is even worse lol. I believe contrary to what you say. I've heard most of the Kennertons and owned a large number of them. They are amongst the best sounding headphones in the world in my opinion. I've heard pleanty headphones as well. I've owned about 45 of them in the last couple years lol. But again everybody's hearing and systems are different and subjective.. I will take the Thekk, Thridi, and Rognir over the following which all I've owned ... ZMF Autuer and Verite, Focal Utopia and Stellia, Audeze LCD X, 3 and 4, and Rossen Rad-0. They are on par with the Hifiman HE1000SE.
This hobby runs on tastebuds that’s for sure:)
I’ve spent so much time and money on 100s of headphones over the last few years and the only sane things I’ve come away with are a) people go for very different things in audio and b) the tuning is alpha omega for me. That’s why I love the Sundara. I’ve always been a monster fan of the classic HD600 but never managed to find any planar magnetic that sounded even remotely close to it in the mids…until the Sundara with the new pad update. Hell I even had a chance to audition the Susvara not too long ago..and well as much as I dig it’s sound…if I were to buy it, I’d still use the Sundara like 80% of the time simply because of the tuning. The Susvara with all it’s technolocial advances still doesn’t sound as realistic to me, because the mids are too laidback.
Same thing with Sennheiser and Focal. I thought I’d found the ever elusive upgrade via the Elex/Elear/Clear (had all 3 at one point)..yet what initially had wowed me about the Focals ended up annoying me - especially in a direct a/b switcheroo with my 600.
My two favourite planars on the market at the moment are Sundara and Sendy Aiva. The latter is the reason why I was excited about the Peacock in the first place:)
..aaand back to the brightly coloured bird with eyes on it’s feathers✊

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #51 of 322
Aug 9, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #53 of 322
I'll help you out. They're saying your comment that this headphone is leagues above all others, based solely on the price tag (since no one has heard it), doesn't make any sense. How a headphone sounds is what matters, not how much it costs.
There are plenty of expensive headphones that absolutely suck (looking at you Ultrasone Edition it doesn't phuckking matter because they all sound like hot garbage).
And there are bargain-priced headphones that shame much pricier headphones (hd600/650/6xx, Sundara).

how they sound > cost
I agree. Many audio companies now days are producing headphones at mid-tier prices that perform at high end levels. Example, Avantone Planar. That's a headphone that has put a few Audeze headphones to shame. I personally prefer it over the LCD-X as being a previous owner of the LCD-X and listening to the 2021 version of the LCD-X. Yeah I don't see why I'd pay 1k+ for them. I really don't. So the Sendy Peacock costing 1.5k+, it better be damn good. There is serious competition out there. I'd already take the Ultrasone Edition 11 over many headphones out there. And yes, I saw your diss at Ultrasone and partially agree, I had the same feelings as you, but F@ck me, the Edition 11 changed my mind haha.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #54 of 322
I agree. Many audio companies now days are producing headphones at mid-tier prices that perform at high end levels. Example, Avantone Planar. That's a headphone that has put a few Audeze headphones to shame. I personally prefer it over the LCD-X as being a previous owner of the LCD-X and listening to the 2021 version of the LCD-X. Yeah I don't see why I'd pay 1k+ for them. I really don't. So the Sendy Peacock costing 1.5k+, it better be damn good. Theirs serious competition out their. I'd already take the Ultrasone Edition 11 over many headphones out their. And yes, I saw your diss at Ultrasone and partially agree, I had the same feelings as you, but F@ck me, the Edition 11 changed my mind haha.
😂

To be fair, I haven't heard Edition 11, so it might be good.

Aug 9, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #55 of 322
Just read this review. I'm not convinced.... I own a Audeze Sine DX and have added some nice custom earpads to them. I'd take the DX over the Oppo PM1 for half the cost.... And I already find the Edition 11 I own as a musicality king. Sorry Sendy, not for me. I know it seems quick that I judge, but the Oppo PM1 and Meze Empyrean while good headphones, they do not stand out as great headphones to me. But seems the Sendy Peacock is one of those headphones to sit back, and just relax with. While that's a great edition into the audio market, it's way to expensive for what it is. If it were priced $999, maybe Sendy. Maybe you would have caught my attention haha

Aug 9, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #56 of 322
Many audio companies now days are producing headphones at mid-tier prices that perform at high end levels.
+1 Totally agree! However, I don't think there are many companies of such nature.

While I haven't heard the Avantone Planar, it definitely deserves more attention.

For example, I feel like this about my iBasso SR2's. Not just me, but many feel like that. Some prefer it over the Ananda's or Arya's. For example, @jamato8 own expensive cans like Focal Utopias and Abyss 1266 PHI TC, and though they sound different, he doesn't find the SR2's to be performing any worse than them. Mind you, SR2 costs $550, the Utopia $4000, and the 1266 PHI TC almost $6400. Also, this guy has gone through some legendary cans like the Sony R10, so there's that.

There's no debate that high-end performance can be achieved at a reasonable price. At the end of the day, it's the manufacturer who decides the price of its product. Some are more generous and enthusiastic, while others are more focused on being established as businesses and manufacturers.

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #57 of 322
😂

To be fair, I haven't heard Edition 11, so it might be good.
I have heard them and at first listen, bought them. Have tried the ear rape Edition 10. Hell no. Have tried the bloated yet somehow clear but muffled weird I don't know weird as sounding Edition 15 which made me laugh, wayyyyy to overpriced. And basically every other Edition line there is. So I'm saying, none of them impressed me at all. Owning the LCD-X, Arya and Focal Clear while also previously owning the Fostex TH909 I had my expectations high considering the Ultrasones price tags. So there was only one left, the Edition 11. And yup, it just clicked. Correct price tag and I was actually for the first time from Ultrasone. Hearing a headphone that actually sounds more than the price tag suggests. Freaking love them 😊👍

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #58 of 322
+1 Totally agree! However, I don't think there are many companies of such nature.

While I haven't heard the Avantone Planar, it definitely deserves more attention.

For example, I feel like this about my iBasso SR2's. Not just me, but many feel like that. Some prefer it over the Ananda's or Arya's. For example, @jamato8 own expensive cans like Focal Utopias and Abyss 1266 PHI TC, and though they sound different, he doesn't find the SR2's to be performing any worse than them. Mind you, SR2 costs $550, the Utopia $4000, and the 1266 PHI TC almost $6400. Also, this guy has gone through some legendary cans like the Sony R10, so there's that.

There's no debate that high-end performance can be achieved at a reasonable price. At the end of the day, it's the manufacturer who decides the price of its product. Some are more generous and enthusiastic, while others are more focused on being established as businesses and manufacturers.
The Ibasso SR2 is a great headphone for sure. I actually was seriously close to buying them and still am considering on buying them haha. Audio is extremely subjective as well all hear differently. For me personally, I do feel the SR2 is punching above its price point. I'd say its on par with the Ananda, but they both are very different headphones for different tastes. Is it on par with the Arya? Yes and no. Technicalities lack slightly, you won't get that soundstage, imaging and speed and overall detail like the Arya. But what the Arya lacks is musicality and realism which for me, the SR2 has and I'd personally enjoy more. It's all truly what clicks for you. What makes you smile, and what makes you start tapping them feet. I always say, if possible. Have no less than 3 headphones. You want those analytical headphones that have all the clarity and detail you crave. You want a headphone that can get you singing out loud and enjoy music for what it truly is. Then you what a headphone that is right inbetween. If you can get your hands on those 3 headphones. You are set. The rest is all up to you 😊

Most legendary can I had the pleasure to listen to and actually mod were a set of Pioneer SEL40. I ended up selling them and my my my how I regret it, with the earpads I had on them and few tweaks I did. They sounded like a modded Senn HD700 but actually sound good, very good. But thats the audio journey. You find some gems, and sometimes you loose some along the way

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #59 of 322
The Ibasso SR2 is a great headphone for sure. I actually was seriously close to buying them and still am considering on buying them haha. Audio is extremely subjective as well all hear differently. For me personally, I do feel the SR2 is punching above its price point. I'd say its on par with the Ananda, but they both are very different headphones for different tastes. Is it on par with the Arya? Yes and no. Technicalities lack slightly, you won't get that soundstage, imaging and speed and overall detail like the Arya. But what the Arya lacks is musicality and realism which for me, the SR2 has and I'd personally enjoy more. It's all truly what clicks for you. What makes you smile, and what makes you start tapping them feet. I always say, if possible. Have no less than 3 headphones. You want those analytical headphones that have all the clarity and detail you crave. You want a headphone that can get you singing out loud and enjoy music for what it truly is. Then you what a headphone that is right inbetween. If you can get your hands on those 3 headphones. You are set. The rest is all up to you 😊

Most legendary can I had the pleasure to listen to and actually mod were a set of Pioneer SEL40. I ended up selling them and my my my how I regret it. But thats the audio journey. You find some gems, and sometimes you loose some along the way
Exactly. Take what makes you happy. So far, I only have two headphones that are truly it for me. The HD598's and the SR2's. The HD598's were my first audiophile set of cans, so they are never leaving. For me, the SR2 covers all three "rules" that you mentioned.

Of course they differ. One is a significantly larger open-back headphone, while the other is a more intimate semi-open headphone. I am loving my SR2's.

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #60 of 322
I have heard them and at first listen, bought them. Have tried the ear rape Edition 10. Hell no. Have tried the bloated yet somehow clear but muffled weird I don't know weird as sounding Edition 15 which made me laugh, wayyyyy to overpriced. And basically every other Edition line there is. So I'm saying, none of them impressed me at all. Owning the LCD-X, Arya and Focal Clear while also previously owning the Fostex TH909 I had my expectations high considering the Ultrasones price tags. So there was only one left, the Edition 11. And yup, it just clicked. Correct price tag and I was actually for the first time from Ultrasone. Hearing a headphone that actually sounds more than the price tag suggests. Freaking love them 😊👍
I only have experience with the edition 8 which was average at best….beautiful though….and the signature DJ which was great for what it was. I am open to trying more Ultrasone but havent had the opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back