NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Aug 5, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #31 of 322
Any explanation for the extremely strange upper treble measurement? And the bass roll-off doesn't look very alarming to me. Otherwise, i think you are largely correct and i'm getting unreasonably defensive over a headphone i haven't even heard yet. I'll still let my actual listening experience decide, but this should at least make caution adviseable for people who can't if need be refer to a generous return policy.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #32 of 322
As soon as you enlargen the room in which you place the drivers..you inadvertently get an unwieldy upper frequency response. Most if not all headphones with brilliant upper mids and treble performance come with fairly small cups and with drivers placed close to your ears.

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #33 of 322
I'm talking about the highest frequencies with the elevation to infinity in the graph. Or is this just a measuring artifact? Not really practically relevant for me as anything above 16.5k won't be audible even on a good day to me, but it seems rather strange.

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #34 of 322
Oh mountain number 3? It’s becoming somewhat of a trend to boost the upper treble on flagships. Makes them seem “detailed”.
I’m not entirely sure whether this is done on purpose or not though as there are so many new pricey headphones on the market today that literally look void of tuning🤔

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #35 of 322
Forget about it, the longer i look at his graphs and explanations the less meaningful they become outside of obvious tendencies and extreme deviations (which is useful, no doubt). As said previously, i'll let my own listening experience be the decisive factor.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #37 of 322
Sendy Audio just released their $1799 flagship planar-magnetic headphone. We can safely say that this is leagues above anything that the company has released in the past, and exciting, to say the least.

Looks-wise, it appears to be the best product the company has put out yet. It is almost as though they showcased what they are truly capable of producing (best materials, best design, and also their most complex driver to date).

Share your thoughts.

I had to, one of my favorite all time comedy film. I hope this is a hit. :p

Attachments

• peacock-let-me-fly.gif
    peacock-let-me-fly.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #39 of 322
I heard the peacock. Sounds awesome, hits harder than the price point foretells :)

Totally worth the money. Close to LCD-MX4, but with more treble and more dynamics. Less bass.

Hard to drive, sucks more than 60% of SE180 / DX300. Driveable from portables on 4.4mm.
This was quick. Do you have one over for a review? Or did you happen to listen to it in a store?

Tbh, expected it to be hard to drive. But damn, 60% on 4.4mm on the DX300 does sound like a lot. Was it low gain, mid gain, or high gain?

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #40 of 322
This was quick. Do you have one over for a review? Or did you happen to listen to it in a store?

Tbh, expected it to be hard to drive. But damn, 60% on 4.4mm on the DX300 does sound like a lot. Was it low gain, mid gain, or high gain?

High gain, I keep everything on maximum gain all the time because I listen loud to everything and tend to max on everything.

They hover around 60% - 70% for my loud listening experience, and I drop to 40% - 50% volume when I get tired.

Very very dynamic sound. Clean, clear, no distortion anywhere. Really detailed, yet smooth.

Speak about speed, I have this pair for review, and I waited for almost two weeks for Romanian customs, EU changed customs policy recently and now all packages spend even more in customs.

Aug 6, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #41 of 322
I heard the peacock. Sounds awesome, hits harder than the price point foretells :)

Totally worth the money. Close to LCD-MX4, but with more treble and more dynamics. Less bass.

Hard to drive, sucks more than 60% of SE180 / DX300. Driveable from portables on 4.4mm.
Would love to hear a more in-depth review! So you say they are definitely worth their price?

Aug 6, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #42 of 322
Would love to hear a more in-depth review! So you say they are definitely worth their price?

So far yes :)

But this is just me hearing them for my first few hours, no burn in, and no in-depth comparison yet

But so far I like them quite a lot

They don't have a strong intial wow factor, but everything sounds correct, somehow they are really natural

Also bass is really deep and fun. Pads may be a bit problematic with some ears / heads

I will be working on a full length review, and a viddy about them for sure :)

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #43 of 322
To be fair: the Peacock looks leaps and bounds better than any of the über expensive Kennerton models…which isn’t saying a whole lot.
LOL you might be the only person on the planet doesn't like the look of the Kennertons.

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #44 of 322
You misunderstand, I was refering to the frequency response:)
I honestly think that Kennerton makes some of the most beautiful headphones on planet earth…but I don’t like how they sound compared to what they cost. I think the Sundara outperforms both the Odin and the Thror on several levels (to be fair, those are the only ones I’ve heard yet).

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #45 of 322
That is even worse lol. I believe contrary to what you say. I've heard most of the Kennertons and owned a large number of them. They are amongst the best sounding headphones in the world in my opinion. I've heard pleanty headphones as well. I've owned about 45 of them in the last couple years lol. But again everybody's hearing and systems are different and subjective.. I will take the Thekk, Thridi, and Rognir over the following which all I've owned ... ZMF Autuer and Verite, Focal Utopia and Stellia, Audeze LCD X, 3 and 4, and Rossen Rad-0. They are on par with the Hifiman HE1000SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back