NEW! Pioneer SE-MJ751 Bass Head headphones unboxing & impressions (updated)
May 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
Just got this form Japan. I really like how it looks. I am burning it in right now. Stay tuned for my impressions.

*** Impressions Update ***

So I had some ear time with these. I really like the sound. Unlike Beats Solo, these doesn't sound over EQ at all. The bass is punchy and the highs are smooth, not bright at all. I do want a bit more sparkle, but that's just me. Even with the Bass knob all the way up it did not distort. The Bass control is not overly crazy change in sound signature. It's just a good amount of sub bass boost. Playing Deamau5 it does a good job being fun. It can get too loud without any hint of distortion so be very careful with your hearing. The on ear factory is actually ok. It isolates outside noise good, but not as good as Beats Solo. Overall, these are much better than the Beats Solo, but not as good as the Sony XB-700.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M67cP6K2W70&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/VIDEO]

May 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #5 of 101
It really looks like a smaller version of the Beats Studio, but for what its worth, it does look a tad better. I hope Pioneer makes an over-the-ear model as I'm not really a fan of supra-aural cans.

Looking forward to your listening impressions! :)

May 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 101
Quote:
If others on here buy these, make sure they aren't fake, I recently saw some fakes on Ebay.

So you bought them and know they were fakes?
How do people fake NEW headphones so quickly and how do you know they're fakes?!

:rolleyes:

May 26, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 101
Those are definitely some sexy looking HPs for sure. I really like they way those look. Sure, they do look a bit like Beats, but to be honest, I like the Beats' styling...it's their price point to quality ratio that makes them a poor choice IMO.

I am interested to hear your impressions on how they sound, and will be looking forward to your follow up. If these have a nice sound, are reasonably priced, and can be dialed for accuracy or Beats like bass...then we just may have a "winner" right here. 

My only quibble is the adjustable bass level knob. That just screams "inaccurate" to me...but perhaps you can dial them in for accuracy for your more critical listening sessions, and pump the bass up for when you are just rocking out and having fun.

Please let us know.

May 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #11 of 101
Quote:
If others on here buy these, make sure they aren't fake, I recently saw some fakes on Ebay.

These headphones have just been released, so I don't think there are any fakes on eBay. The market appeal is quite low at this point in time, so I don't see any reason for anyone to forge a duplicate of these cans.

Quote:
Those are definitely some sexy looking HPs for sure. I really like they way those look. Sure, they do look a bit like Beats, but to be honest, I like the Beats' styling...it's their price point to quality ratio that makes them a poor choice IMO.

I am interested to hear your impressions on how they sound, and will be looking forward to your follow up. If these have a nice sound, are reasonably priced, and can be dialed for accuracy or Beats like bass...then we just may have a "winner" right here. 

My only quibble is the adjustable bass level knob. That just screams "inaccurate" to me...but perhaps you can dial them in for accuracy for your more critical listening sessions, and pump the bass up for when you are just rocking out and having fun.

Please let us know.

Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about. Sennheiser did it pretty well with the IE8 (although I had a hard time getting the bass right) so I'm looking to see if Pioneer was able to replicate that ability/function with the SE-MJ751. The pricetag on the cans are very appealing, so if the reviews are good, I'll just get one for the bass kicks. :)

Quote:
The headphones have been burning in for 24 hrs now. Time for some ear time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait to read your impressions! :)

May 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #12 of 101
Newegg.com has this, but it's under the Steez brand.  It actually comes with an Apple in-line control with Mic.  I am not a fan of the Steez logo on the sides.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826621048

May 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #13 of 101
May 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #14 of 101
It's indeed strange. But how could someone had the time to make a copy of a new model? At that price I would get them right now if I knew they were real. Any chances this could be the real price directly from the factory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back