new phones arrive!! ATH-A900's
Oct 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tspinning

New Head-Fier
Oh baby, these things are awesome!!

First a thank you to Faust2D as he was able to supply these (flawless condition) phones at a price much better than new. Great guy and a I recommend him as an honest and upstanding head-fi'r.

Now onto the phones~

DSCN3336.jpg

Happy Tspinning!!

DSCN3335.jpg

So smooth-
DSCN3334.jpg

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 7
Mine have been re-cabled by -=Germania=- with internal dampening done to them, and they come close to my APS V2 cabled Denon D2000 but not quite. Still very nice sounding - I like them a little better than some ALO re-cabled ATH-SQ5 with SXC wire that I borrowed for 2 weeks.

So, I bought Faust2D's Realistic Pro 30 instead, which I am listening to right now, and left the A900 for you.
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tspinning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh baby, these things are awesome!!

That they are.

Have had mine for a little while now.

Love em.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 7
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

I have yet to hear an audio-technica, so only comment from the joy of receiving new gear.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm so excited for the weekend when I'll have some "me" time and really get to rock out with these. The girlfriend is heading to NYC for a couple days, and while this would normally result in the main stereo being played at full volume, a blown tweeter
frown.gif
and the shear joy these brought last night will dictate otherwise. I'm sure the upstairs neighbor will be happy!

In other news- these are doing an excellent job with positional audio on a sub-par sound card. Source games tested so far, I'm saving Crysis and FEAR for this weekend after dark!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back