[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #2,281 of 5,962
Just want to add this: There's now a third user on the german hifi-forum complaining about the sound of those X1 batches. By all the describtions he expected to get a nice bassy headphone however he got a "completely different" headphone than that. In the end he returned it because it distorted in the bass area with very high volume levels. Needless to say mine doesn't do that. Seems more like user error to me.

No 2:

http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=110&thread=13612&postID=1508#1508

No 3:

http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=110&thread=13612&postID=1524#1524

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #2,282 of 5,962
I find them to distort in the bass too depending on how aggressive the bass is. Definitely not as well controlled as the planars I was used to. Again, depends on the song used, and volume. The X1 can be well controlled, or a little sloppy. It's finicky.

Please, let's not go back to this variation argument. We get it. Yours is amazing. Drop it.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2,283 of 5,962
Quote:
We get it. Yours is amazing. Drop it.

You're the one starting this crap again and again. The second time now: I never wrote/meant that mine is better nor amazing. If that's what you make out of it then that is YOUR problem, don't put it on all the users here. Everybody here can think for themselvs, people don't need your help in understanding (and your manipulating) the content my posts. Ease off Sheriff, we don't need you as the X1 Polizei.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #2,284 of 5,962
Yeah, you're clearly trying to ignite the "there is a potential difference from earlier X1's to current X1s" nonsense. And you don't have to say it. Your other words say it for you:
"needless to say, mine doesn't do that"

"By all the descriptions he expected to get a nice bassy headphone however he got a "completely different" headphone than that".

That person's expectation was for a bassier headphone than what he got. His level of bass preference may be a lot more than what the X1 has. It's not the first time I've seen people want more bass than what the X1 is capable of. All that means is that the person is a basshead. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways, I'm just gonna ignore this from now on.

Test two of my cable testing: The Mediabridge and chinese 'Belkin' cable. Same resistance (around 0.4ohm). So hard to tell the difference, if any. The Belkin may be a hint warmer, but it's too, too hard to truly say.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,285 of 5,962
I can just say WOW. Head-fi hit a newest low for me personally.. When people nowadays are more concerned about someone creating wrong preconceptions vs posting some interesting information. Should i just keep it to myself? Why? Do i Need proof? Who here has delivered proof for any of their impressions? Why do you worry so much? What's to loose? I think i was pretty down to earth my describtions and definately did not write as i wanted to ignite anything. Everything else was just your interpretation of my posts which we all got by now. That this ended in this annoying back-and-forth and in the end get's much more attention this way is not my fault. But thanks for finally gnoring me on that topic.

Just saw your now edited post....
rolleyes.gif

I have NO idea what your problem is but ist getting really annoying. Why don't you take some days off posting and do something else? 11.000 Posts in 3 years are enough, maybe you should try something else. And please keep ignoring me, so will do i from now on. Peace.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #2,286 of 5,962
11,000 posts because I maintain my headphone gaming guide, which is quite active, and I'm asked a lot of questions. But thanks for trying to equate my post count with me needing a break. The majority of my posts are on when I'm at work, but thanks for trying.

Editing for legibility and cutting out fluff. Glad you noticed.

Your so-called interesting information is nothing but spreading misinformation based on your X1 sounding different. Easily could've been driver variation, but you jumped straight for 'Philips may have altered the X1' route, already causing someone who ordered the X1 think that there is a possibility he may get something along the lines of a tweaked X1. False news travels fast, and can then become misconstrued as fact.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #2,288 of 5,962
Just to entertain your ideas that you haven't said anything wrong:

In a few years those old bass-heavy X1 batches will be collectors items :wink:

That's YOUR post.

Old bass heavy batches. IMPLYING that there are new batches that are different.

This in it of itself is posted matter-of-factly, which believe it or not, can and WILL be taken as truth. Truth with no evidence.

Again, one person saying he didn't get the kind of bass he expected does not mean anything except that he wanted more bass. This has happened with many headphones, for example the HE-400 which some people wanted more bass out of despite others saying it had plenty of bass.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #2,289 of 5,962
wink.gif
 <- you must have missed that?

You obviously have some problems and take things and yourself WAY to seriously around here, just leave me alone/ignore me in the future. Thanks.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,290 of 5,962
A smiley doesn't render a post obsolete, especially when you kept that line of conversation going past that post. But sure man, sure. I honestly don't care of what you've said. I'm just trying to keep rumors to a minimum before they spread to become something else entirely.

I'm well acquainted with sarcasm. Perhaps if you had ceased with that nonsense well past that post, I would've taken it as such. There was already one person who did take that seriously.

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #2,291 of 5,962
Quote:
Just want to add this: There's now a third user on the german hifi-forum complaining about the sound of those X1 batches. By all the describtions he expected to get a nice bassy headphone however he got a "completely different" headphone than that.

Quote:
That person's expectation was for a bassier headphone than what he got. His level of bass preference may be a lot more than what the X1 has. It's not the first time I've seen people want more bass than what the X1 is capable of. All that means is that the person is a basshead. Nothing more, nothing less.

This.

I might also add that probably I'm one of the first head-fiers getting one of those (prolly my unit belongs to the very first mass-production batch ever distributed) and guess what?
I'm enjoying these with the stock cable, the bass is strong in this one but it doesn't distort a thing (I prefer to listen to music at safe volume levels), my pads don't smell like Schiit (the box still does) and the 1/8 inch socket isn't loose at all.
wink.gif

Oh, and I must thank HolyCheese, thanks to this post I've discovered a really cool album!
L3000.gif

EDIT: curse you, spell-checker!
rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #2,292 of 5,962
Quote:
This would describe my current X1 as well.

I disagree with Tyll's Review:

This sounds alot more like my old X1.

Ricardo who has bought my old X1 is also reading this thread. Maybe he can join in and has some other cans to compare them too?

Hi, hello, guys.

I am the current owner of bizkid's old X1. I don't want to create some (more) brouhaha about it but I gonna say that my X1 (which I LOVE, never will part of it) has a lot of bass. I remember I described its sound to someone as "subwoofer-ish". Without "bloatedness" or leaking, but certainly strong bass. In comparison, I recently bought an Annie (I wanted exactly something oppose to the X1, for comparisons sake) and I can not escape the feeling that it is dull, unengaging. I guess I am discovering with time that I tend to the warm spectrum of sound. If they tweaked the X1, I do not know, but that is what I can say about my X1.

Christian, I am going to message you all the numbers at my X1 box, to see if you can distinguish some serial number, but I could not find one. 

Health for all. Good listening.

Ricardo 

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #2,293 of 5,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixlbg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Christian, I am going to message you all the numbers at my X1 box, to see if you can distinguish some serial number, but I could not find one. 

It should be on the back of the box, on the bottom right end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back