[New] Philips Fidelio X1
May 2, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #1,249 of 5,962
Just bought a pair of these from amazon UK warehouse.  They sound great, amazing amazing bass.  Though, unless I am slightly deaf in one ear, i could swear the volume/balance is bias toward the left ear cup.  They are plugged into a X-Fi Xtreme Pro soundcard, playing youtube.  So conceivably it could be any of those sources causing the imbalance. 

May 3, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,250 of 5,962
Quick questions on packaging. 

Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?  

Thanks!
UL

May 3, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #1,251 of 5,962
Quote:

Do these come in factory sealed packaging so that one knows if a 'new' unit is indeed 'new', or is the packaging not sealed so that one can take it out and then replace it?  

Thanks!
UL

Mine were not sealed but had the smell of "new". Though I got the feeling the box had been opened by someone else before me.

May 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #1,252 of 5,962
Quote:

Thanks!
UL

The whole box wasn't sealed in plastic cover if that's what you're asking. But the sides were sealed with a transparent tape, while the top part where you can 'hang' the box at the shop looks very pristine, saying because in order to open the box, you have to fold that part down.  As such, I'm inclined to believe mine is 'new'. 

May 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #1,254 of 5,962
So I just found out about this headphone. I went through the links to various impressions, and it seemed virtually everyone enjoyed this headphone quite a bit. However, it seems many of those people no longer own this headphone.

So, to save me reading through 80+ pages, I was curious what things are leading people to let this headphone go?

Thanks!

May 8, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #1,256 of 5,962
Quote:
I was curious what things are leading people to let this headphone go?

These are not the endgame headphones for everyone. People tend to buy and sell stuff to experience different things. Selling doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the product.

May 8, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #1,257 of 5,962
These are not the endgame headphones for everyone. People tend to buy and sell stuff to experience different things. Selling doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with the product.

Exactly. Some of us are just fickle people, and have a strong need to try something new.

May 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #1,260 of 5,962
Mine aint going nowhere... Hopefully Mad Lust Envy will get these. (and they will fit) Would be interested to see his thought on these for gaming. 

Still not convinced. I had to wear the Beyers fully extended, as well as the K702/Q701. The Annie was a bit different, since the lack of bumps allowed just a enough headroom for it not to pull down like the others.

I'm sure I'll get someone to loan them to me at some point. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back