[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #752 of 5,962
Quote:
Can anyone who owns these phones comment on how the velour pads are (soundwise and comfortwise) compared to, say, the pleather pads on the L1s?

Check out the first thread which links to my in-depth review of the X1's. The pads are supremely comfortable. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #753 of 5,962
My X1's also weight 362g as well ( Thats a surprise  
smily_headphones1.gif
 )  My cable is 40g on top but its not stock)
They do not feel heavy while wearing however .

Foe example HD650 with 10ft Stefan Art cable weigh 414g  and feel the same as the X1 weight wise on the head. However Beyer T1's weigh 528g total and do feel a little heavier.

The only problem I have found and previously posted is my ears are somewhat large and feel a little constrained within the Cup .
HD650 cups have a larger and more oval hole and a better feel against the sides of the ear itself but don't sound as good as the X1's.
Beyer T1 has a larger round hole in the cups and also feel better as well .  Sound wise they are as good as the X1 but have a different sound signature and cost more than 3 times as much!!!

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #758 of 5,962
Quote:
I've contacted with Amazon with my sibilance problem, and they said I can return them and get a refund, but they no longer carry them, so no replacement possible...Great!
mad.gif

You can return a headphone with a sibilance problem? 

What about bass emphasis? I got a pile of those to return... 

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #759 of 5,962
Quote:
You can return a headphone with a sibilance problem? 

What about bass emphasis? I got a pile of those to return... 

Well, they said I can return them.
tongue.gif

Honestly, I'm in trouble finding other headphones....I was looking at the HE-400, but it seems to be pretty sibilant as well....

If only I could get a relacement....or just get a new one for sligtly more than from Amazon....
rolleyes.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #761 of 5,962
Thanks for weighing the phones, raybanner. 362g is much better. That's like a pair of Beyer 660. They might do. They might do.

My DT 880 are right around that too even tho cib felt they were heavier (also without cable). Apparently Philips' listed weight on that PDF pamphlet is just way off tho, even with the cable it doesn't reach the 430g that they state.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #762 of 5,962
Quote:
Well, they said I can return them.
tongue.gif

Honestly, I'm in trouble finding other headphones....I was looking at the HE-400, but it seems to be pretty sibilant as well....

If only I could get a relacement....or just get a new one for sligtly more than from Amazon....
rolleyes.gif

Are you sure its not your amp? what are you using?

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #763 of 5,962
Quote:
Are you sure its not your amp? what are you using?

No, it is not the amp. I can hear it with just the Cowon S9 as well. I have no DAC.....
I have an amp from a Hungarian guy. He made it himself. It is pretty transparent, and great sounding amp.

I might be too picky, I don't know.
Others could not hear sibilance with the same album....that is what bothers me...

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #764 of 5,962
Quote:
No, it is not the amp. I can hear it with just the Cowon S9 as well. I have no DAC.....
I have an amp from a Hungarian guy. He made it himself. It is pretty transparent, and great sounding amp.

I might be too picky, I don't know.
Others could not hear sibilance with the same album....that is what bothers me...

could very well be a defect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back