[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jan 18, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #710 of 5,962
Thanks for the input everyone!

The case now is that I hear sibilance with my Cowon S9 and Sony Xperia S, but not with my laptop's hp jack (but its dull with this one anyway). But since you do not hear any, I feel that I need to complain...
I think I have to send a mail to Amazon and ask for a replacement. The question is if they have any to send it to me...2-4 weeks everywhere (uk/de/it)...
confused.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #713 of 5,962
Quote:

I have them both right here in fron of me and actually had the M1 as well for a couple of weeks. To keep things short: While I love the X1 as I stated many times before I can't appreciate the L1's sound signature. It sounds really dark and the mids (say: vocals) sound recessed to my ears. Save yourself the cash and spend it on some V-Moda M80s if you want something more portable and closed. Or get the B&W P5s, I like those for portable use quite a lot.

I feel like slapping you upside the head. The M80 is good, M100 is good too depending on your tastes and lots of burn in. 

But I heard the P5, its the biggest heap of ****, the treble like a tin can with rocks, the mids are like a hooker with aids, and the bass is like the hooker at the end of a rough a week. 

No thank you, I wanted to brake them on the spot in ritualistic fire. 

I was however surprised by the rectangular HK headphones, not by their price though.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #714 of 5,962
Those B&W P5's are great on the go headphones, but they are worth nowhere near their price of 300 euros. For 100-150 these would be good since the design is superb and I think the buid quality is too.
I think the L1's are great portable cans but I have only had one brief listening experience with them yet.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #715 of 5,962
Quote:
Those B&W P5's are great on the go headphones, but they are worth nowhere near their price of 300 euros. For 100-150 these would be good since the design is superb and I think the buid quality is too.
I think the L1's are great portable cans but I have only had one brief listening experience with them yet.

I'd rather use the P5 to wipe my ass. even at that price. Sorry but they are pathetic. My 30 EUR Xears IEM's had better sound.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #716 of 5,962
Quote:
Might be your music also...

I would guess the same. It is either the fact that your music is clipping at the peaks, your source isn't very good, or your headphones are faulty. However, I will say that the X1's are very transparent so if your recordings aren't top quality then you will notice it most of the time.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #717 of 5,962
Quote:
I heard the P5, its the biggest heap of ****, the treble like a tin can with rocks, the mids are like a hooker with aids, and the bass is like the hooker at the end of a rough a week. 

I'm not entirely sure I know what a hooker with aids sounds like but that gave me a good laugh!  I'm not a fan either but they do look nice (the P5, not the hooker with aids ...)

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #718 of 5,962
A bit off-topic but if you have the Fidelio X1's then you must listen to the Miles Davis Record "A Tribute to Jack Johnson" with them. There is a lot of bass, brass, and depth. The X1's shine with their supreme bass and soundstage. Seriously, try this record out if you want to appreciate the X1's in action. That is all.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #720 of 5,962
Quote:
I feel like slapping you upside the head. The M80 is good, M100 is good too depending on your tastes and lots of burn in. 

But I heard the P5, its the biggest heap of ****, the treble like a tin can with rocks, the mids are like a hooker with aids, and the bass is like the hooker at the end of a rough a week. 

No thank you, I wanted to brake them on the spot in ritualistic fire. 

I was however surprised by the rectangular HK headphones, not by their price though.

I do also prefer the new HK line to the P5(though price gauging is not at all foreign to them), but I find nothing compelling that'd make me buying aside from design value. Perhaps if I found some drivers that sound decent and would work in them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back