[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Nov 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #452 of 5,962
thanks, I definitely will! The only thing that worries me is that pads can't be changed :-/ Kinda sucks for a high priced headphones, but I will only use them at home, so I hope they will last few years...Guess in future we might see some videos tutorials of how to re-glue new pads on these headphones :))
Any suggestions on DAC/ amplifier? Price range about 200-300 dollars, right night thinking about O2 or E17

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #453 of 5,962
Quote:
thanks, I definitely will! The only thing that worries me is that pads can't be changed :-/ Kinda sucks for a high priced headphones, but I will only use them at home, so I hope they will last few years...Guess in future we might see some videos tutorials of how to re-glue new pads on these headphones :))
Any suggestions on DAC/ amplifier? Price range about 200-300 dollars, right night thinking about O2 or E17

me thinks save up a bit more and get yulong D100

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #454 of 5,962
WiR3D: this looks like a really nice and solid product, but I want something I could be able to move around with.
1/3.th. of the day I am at university and want be able to bring my amp/dac in there too :wink: How about U100 is it good too ? 

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #455 of 5,962
Quote:

Hi together,
i think it isn't the problem to change the pads, look here...
the problem is to get new pads...until now.

Thomas

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #456 of 5,962
Quote:
I want something I could be able to move around with.

Go for the E17. Pocket size and fantastic bang for the buck.

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #458 of 5,962
Quote:
Hi together,
i think it isn't the problem to change the pads, look here...
the problem is to get new pads...until now.

Thomas

What does that site say? Are there replacement pads, or only that they are removable? Thanks, the non replaceable ear pads is the biggest negative for these phones. How about some real leather replacement pads eh?

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #459 of 5,962
WiR3D: this looks like a really nice and solid product, but I want something I could be able to move around with.
1/3.th. of the day I am at university and want be able to bring my amp/dac in there too :wink: How about U100 is it good too ? 

Aha, what is your source? A laptop? In which case e17 is brilliant, don't get me wrong an odac + O2 is good on paper but more often then not the odac needs a better power source, so that includes a battery pack or linear power supply so it's cumbersome. I would go E17, it's the most portable, not just transportable.

Go for the E17. Pocket size and fantastic bang for the buck.

I've heard good words about Leckerton UHA-6S MKII.

From what I keep reading, it's a very good amp and a mediocre dac, I would suspect the x1 would prefer the opposite

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #461 of 5,962
Quote:
Aha, what is your source? A laptop?

Yeah I use mostly my Dell XPS 15z + Spotify premium to play the music, but soon I have to study in another part of the city (+1 hour bus driving every day), so I guess I will also start to use my Android phone again (extra points for E17!)
 But the thing that scares me mostly away from e17 is that some of the reviews on amazon describes poor quality of the product, like in 1 day it just shuts down and won't work again... is it a common issue for e17 ?

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #462 of 5,962
Hi all!

Just received my Philips Fidelio X1 today and wanted to shortly express my initial feelings.

First I want to say that I am comparing these against AKG K271 mkII, which i had before these.

These Fidelios are very comfortable, no doubt about it. Pads feel very good. 
Sonically these are giving me notably more bass than AKG's. The midrange is probably little more recessed than on K271. I really can't but the difference of these headphones to word but let me just say that I am already enjoying my music more with Fidelio X1. 

Only real con for me on these headphones is that they are open back and leak a lot, just as already stated in this thread. My wife simply can't tolerate any disturbing sounds.
confused_face.gif

If these would be closed back headphones, they would be perfect to me. 

Ps. Also been looking a AMP/DAC for these. Currently driving them with Auzentech Bravura soundcard.
I have been thinking between  
-Firestone Audio Fubar 4
-Odac+O2 amp
-Zero Dac
-some same price point Audio-GD

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #464 of 5,962
hey guys I have quite newbie question *palmface*, at home I use Technics SU-VX720 with some Bose 301 Series iii speakers (found this equipment in the attic of my parents house, hehe). The amplifier have headphones plugin, will it be possible to use it with Philips headphones? Just curios :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #465 of 5,962
Quote:
hey guys I have quite newbie question *palmface*, at home I use Technics SU-VX720 with some Bose 301 Series iii speakers (found this equipment in the attic of my parents house, hehe). The amplifier have headphones plugin, will it be possible to use it with Philips headphones? Just curios :)

Absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back