[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5,962

manveru

Headphoneus Supremus

This is a thread for discussion concerning Philips' new headphone, the Fidelio X1, which first appeared at the 2012 Hong Kong High End AV Show and shortly after at IFA 2012 in Germany. The X1 will be the new flagship of Philips' Fidelio line. Unlike the M1 and L1, it is designed primarily for at home use.

Specs/Features:

-Drivers: 50mm, Neodymium
-Freq. Response: 10Hz - 40kHz (???)
-Impedance: 30Ω
-Sensitivity: 100dB/mW
-Maximum Power Input: 500mW
-THD: <0.1% (???)
-Cable: 3m OFC copper, gold-plated 6.3mm plug, 3.5mm adapter
-Weight: 430g

-Open design
-Angled drivers
-Removable cable
-Velour memory foam earpads (non-removable)
-Suspended headband
-Real leather/metal

MSRP: 299[size=small]€ [/size]/ $390

Pictures/Video:

-Photos by kwang411

Initial very brief show impressions:

-b1o2r3i4s5 #1  #2
-Xymordos

Impressions:

-bizkid #1 #2 #3 #4
-ruffra
-hekeli #1 #2
-communic
-Ultrazino #1 #2 #3
-lmswjm
-jayboy76
-cib24 #1 #2

Reviews:

-Inner Fidelity
-Headfonia
-http://www.head-fi.org/t/670318/philips-fidelio-x1-review-comparison

Measurements:

-Inner Fidelity

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 5,962
Quote:
This is a thread for discussion concerning Philips' upcoming headphone, the Fidelio X1, which recently appeared at the 2012 Hong Kong High End AV Show. If anyone comes across any new details about this headphone, it would be nice if they posted it here, so that all the current information is in one easy to find place.

Here is everything I have been able to glean thus far. The X1 will be the new flagship of Philips' Fidelio line. Unlike the M1 and L1, it is designed primarily for at home use. It uses larger 50mm dirvers, is semi-open/open, and has what looks to be a longer cable which is terminated in 6.3mm. It also appears to have velour pads and a suspended headband. No real specs or other details at this time. Head-fier b1o2r3i4s5 reported that the MSRP is going to be $390, though I'm not sure how official that is. No mention of a release date anywhere I could find.

A little blurb taken from Philips Hong Kong's Facebook (via Google Translate):

"Philips Fidelio "dedicated to sound"!! To 2012 Extravaganza (HKCEC Hall 3 Booth D05) and experience the original sound in person!
Fideolio X1, large headband headphones use a highly optimized 50 mm Neodymium magnet drive, every single drive must go through the ears validation of Philips professional technicians to ensure quality. Philips Fidelio X1 reproduce all of the music!"

Edit: Response removed due to reference to the wrong model by Philips.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 5,962
Quote:

The Philips Fidelio is at the Apple Stores now in the U.S.   They are selling it for $299.95.  Here's the link to it on their Web site, and it reflects "in stock". http://store.apple.com/us/product/H8123ZM/A?fnode=3d&fs=m.tsFormFactor%3Doverear

That's the L1. This thread is for the X1. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back