[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Oct 17, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #5,959 of 5,962
Nov 2, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #5,960 of 5,962
May 18, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #5,961 of 5,962
Hey guys!

i have the impression to resurect this thread! I own the x1 since 2014, really happy with it. I use it for gaming, music streaming on a every day basis. I recently sold my brooklyn dac+ and had some great times with the combination. I was thinking about selling the X1... but honestly i simply love them... i was aiming for another signature experience.. klipsch hp-3 or sennheiser hd 800s... but after reading this forum and different reviews (yes i havent read on the x1 since i own them) i came back to earth and would simply like to ameliorate what I already have.

So, i will change the original stock cable for a v-moda cable because apparently it makes a huge difference in a first step. Since I sold my brooklyn dac, I now need a dac/amp to drive my x1. I was thinking about the txh 789 amp combined with a topping dac.

Any experience with that combination? What else could you recommend me to make them shine ?

Great to see the love for these cans! Think I will keep them for the rest of my life to be honest hehe!

Cheers!

May 18, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #5,962 of 5,962
Hey guys!

i have the impression to resurect this thread! I own the x1 since 2014, really happy with it. I use it for gaming, music streaming on a every day basis. I recently sold my brooklyn dac+ and had some great times with the combination. I was thinking about selling the X1... but honestly i simply love them... i was aiming for another signature experience.. klipsch hp-3 or sennheiser hd 800s... but after reading this forum and different reviews (yes i havent read on the x1 since i own them) i came back to earth and would simply like to ameliorate what I already have.

So, i will change the original stock cable for a v-moda cable because apparently it makes a huge difference in a first step. Since I sold my brooklyn dac, I now need a dac/amp to drive my x1. I was thinking about the txh 789 amp combined with a topping dac.

Any experience with that combination? What else could you recommend me to make them shine ?

Great to see the love for these cans! Think I will keep them for the rest of my life to be honest hehe!

Cheers!

The THX 789 is a great amp, might be a bit overkill since the X1s don't scale a lot with better amps in my opinion, but you certainly can't go wrong with that combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back