[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Sep 7, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #121 of 5,962
Thanks for your impression bizkid. I was wondering about how this headphone works with fast paced music, is it slow or fast ? The presentation is forward or laidback? Some sibilance?

Thanks

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #122 of 5,962
Found an official spec sheet over on Philips' website and updated the OP accordingly. Nothing not already known really, just a bit of extra detail/clarification. These weigh rather heavy actually.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #123 of 5,962
Hello all.

Those who have made reference to the X1 on the Philips UK site, would you be kind enough please to post a link as my searches have yielded nothing... 
confused_face.gif

Thank you!

Best

James

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #125 of 5,962
trakh: No complaints, fit and finish is great, it's a joy to hold these in your hand before putting them on. The quality is what you would expect after seeing all the pics.

manveru: i don't mind the weight at all, the comfort for me is even slightly better than the beyerdynamics or the shure 1840

Quote:
crazywipe
I was wondering about how this headphone works with fast paced music, is it slow or fast ? The presentation is forward or laidback? Some sibilance?

I don't really listen to fast paced music, it's not as tight and dry as the T90 but that is clearly a headphone on one extreme end of the scale. It's definately not slow but it's also not appearantly fast but note that i only listen through portables (NWZ-Z1060). The presentation is pretty neutral, some tracks sound forward, others laidback. i'd still say involving is best word to sum up the presentation. Haven't met any sibliance yet.

Back to the soundstage, i haven't heard so much depth since the W5000 few years ago but it never sounds distant. There are instruments in a mix that can sound very upfront while others are more distant, the X1 portrays that seperation better than most headphones in it's pricerange (or higher..)

A few other things: These really leak sound ALOT. My wife could hear me listening from the next room with one closed door between....

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #126 of 5,962
Quote:
manveru: i don't mind the weight at all, the comfort for me is even slightly better than the beyerdynamics or the shure 1840

They still look like they'd be extremely comfortable because of the pads and especially the headband design. The AT wing system and suspended headbands like on AKGs are the ultimate in comfort that I've experienced. I do find it interesting that the weight is getting into ortho territory. I'm guessing because of the metal used in the construction, which might actually be considered a good thing.

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #127 of 5,962
Sep 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #128 of 5,962
Someone posted it earlier in the thread, though I'm not sure how they found it. Also, someone posted a 30% (?) off code earlier in the thread if you're going to order from there.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #130 of 5,962
Quote:
trakh: No complaints, fit and finish is great, it's a joy to hold these in your hand before putting them on. The quality is what you would expect after seeing all the pics.

Thanks bizkid, for the reply and the good news.

These really leak sound ALOT. My wife could hear me listening from the next room with one closed door between....

Yikes, these would be my first open-back headphones, I better consider the ramifications...

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #131 of 5,962
Quote:
These really leak sound ALOT. My wife could hear me listening from the next room with one closed door between....

And there is the dealbreaker...

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #132 of 5,962
Wait...from another room through a closed door? How is that even possible? Unless she was hearing it extremely faintly. Even with fully open headphones the only way that I could achieve that is if I blasted my ears right out of my head. 
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #133 of 5,962
Yeah, the HE400 leaks more than any headphone I have ever owned (including the Q701/K701/HD598/PC360 which are all very open), and even with moderately loud volumes, they should be a non-issue to someone in another room with a door closed. They might be very faintly audible, but to the point of it being bothersome? About as bothersome as background noise. People are ridiculous.

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #134 of 5,962
I didnt write anything about it being bothersome in the next room, it was evening so you're more sensitive to noise anyway. It was probably faint but noticeable, i wouldnt make a big deal out of it but it's still one of the louder headphones i had.

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #135 of 5,962
I wonder if there are other headphones with a similar construction? A minimum driversize of 50mm with a slight angle torwards the ear? The only ones i can hit on right now are the closed Audio Technicas, the open ones have straight 53mm drivers. It's definately an interesting combination. I wonder when Audio-Technica will revamp their open headphones, the AD-2000 is on the market for ages compared to how often they release updates to their closed line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back