NEW OPTION FOR WIRELESS ???
Oct 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

boomy3555

Headphoneus Supremus
I saw this as a sponsored link and checked it out. I ordered a set and they should be here soon but is there something about 2.4 Ghz that someone can tell me that says I won't like them. I know that 2.4 Ghz is one of the standard portable phone frequencies so maybe I'll have too much interference from my phone?
confused.gif

i2i Stream : Ipod Accessories : Share Music : Wireless TV Audio Headphones : Wireless Audio Transmitter : I2igear.com

The only thing close to this price is the Sleek "Kleer" wireless dedicated for thier SA6's or a Nady Eo3 Transmitter and belt pack......

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 18
I don't think I will ever trust a wireless system as ever being as good as a non-wireless system for audio equipment since there will be a inevitable loss of data and quality when you transmit the signal

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I will ever trust a wireless system as ever being as good as a non-wireless system for audio equipment since there will be a inevitable loss of data and quality when you transmit the signal

Im happily enjoying my "cd quality" (thats what they call it) audio through my fav wireless IEMs SA6. So far I cant tell the difference in sound quality but I dont have the best hearing in the lot. You do still get a skip or two if you cover the transmitter up with your hand but nowhere like with bluetooth. I can hear the loss of quality with bluetooth though, my hearing is at least that good lol, its nothing like that with Kleer tech.

As far as 2.4ghz phones I havent had a set where I didnt get static and interference. Ive not liked any of them. If you arnet looking for amazing SQ they should work ok for you though. I havent tried the ones your buying though.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 18
Well I went for it so we''l see. I was toying with the idea of getting the Sleek wireless sytem and adapting the ends of the reciever to 3.5 stereo so I can plug my Customs into it. Basicaly just solder a 2.5 mono to each side rt and left and run them together into a 3.5 stereo.

I was looking for some female jacks to attach right into the plugs coming from the earloops but the size is too smalll to find generically.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I went for it so we''l see. I was toying with the idea of getting the Sleek wireless sytem and adapting the ends of the reciever to 3.5 stereo so I can plug my Customs into it. Basicaly just solder a 2.5 mono to each side rt and left and run them together into a 3.5 stereo.

I was looking for some female jacks to attach right into the plugs coming from the earloops but the size is too smalll to find generically.

i'm thinking about building the receiveir right into my futured mini³ amp
beerchug.gif

but changing the transmitter so it wil fit into mt zvm will be a pita
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 18
The hard part about that would be the RF interference from the amp.

Nady Wireless has a transmitter and body pack reviever availl. between 100-and 150.00 depending on where you buy it and it's frequencies are out of the normal portable phone range as to avoid such interference.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, really! Then why is AirTunes bit-perfect?
I have been playing through AirTunes for 2 1/2 years and am perfectly pleased with the lossless data transfer.

So I don't see why a device like the one OP linked to can't be made without data loss as well..

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 18
I think Hockey was expressing a general belief and he's entitled to his opinion. Now having said that (Written That) 802.1 wirless, 2.4 Ghz, Nady channels aa-gg,and Sennheiser 864 Ghz are all different Aplles ,Oranges,and bananas. all with thier own shortcomings.
I have a pair of Sennheiser RS130 Wireless cans and I get more interference having it close to the TV than from anything else. This new system is 2.4 Ghz so it stands to reason that the same interferences I get with my home portable 2.4 Ghz phome will also affect this new system.
Rest assured that when I get it, I'll have no problem expressing my findings

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 18
KR Mathis,
Does the Airtunes have a body/belt pack to attach your headphones to so you can listen to your source from your home wirless network and does it have an adapter to directly attach any mp3or audio source without a computer?

Do you see my point? Apllles,oranges,and bananas.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 18
boomy3555. Thats irrelevant!
I just replied to 'hockeyb213's statement that there will be an inevitable loss of data and quality when you transmit the signal wirelessly"

To that I don't agree!

Anyway...
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still could not trust wireless headphones....

You're not the only one...

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #14 of 18
Well, They're here. Initial impression is Excellent!!!!!. If I use an amp too close to the tranceiver there's definitely too much interference but I can't hear any NOTICABLE!! SQ difference without the amp.

I haven't moved around much but here in my department I have notice only a few drop outs where there is a lot of metal in the walls and of course in my lead lined x-ray rooms. I'm glad I got them but I still need to test them at home where my portable phones live.

And to test the ultimate limit in distance from the transceiver. I like that these can be used either way and anyone with them can easliy share music.

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, They're here.

Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

...in the end I guess its most important that they make you happy, which they seem to do. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back