New, more affordable Images announced!
Aug 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered a pair of X5's off of SoundEarphones. Should be here by Monday. It will be interesting to listen to these and compare with Sovkiller. I used the X10's for a brief stint, but found the bass too overwhelming which drowned out the mid and highs.

Sorry to bump, but I'm interested in hearing a few more impressions of the X5s - I can't find too many around. Did you get them, and if so, what do you think?

Also, Sovkiller (if you're still hanging around here), I'm interested in what you think of the X5s compared with the SA6. You suggested that they're fairly similar - would you say one is better than the other? Reason being that the X5s are now about $10 cheaper than the SA6, so I'm interested in comparing their quality.

Thanks a lot.

Aug 25, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #32 of 40
I find both to be similar in sound signature, the X5 has an slightly more sparkle on the highs, and of course the SA6 is more versatile and you can customize the sound a little to your taste, also they have a detachable cable, and the upcomming wireless feature, that makes them a more versatile overall IEM, IMO.
But I like them both, and please Amy and Mark at Klipsch, I love them, and I will never stop reco them, as I like the sonic signature among a lot of IEm that I have heard, on top they are the most comfortable I have ever tried, but do not forget that you have a homework to do for us, your dedicated hardcore fans...
wink.gif
...!!!

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and please Amy and Mark at Klipsch,...[do] not forget that you have a homework to do for us, your dedicated hardcore fans...
wink.gif
...!!!

Mind sharing what that would be?
wink_face.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind sharing what that would be?
wink_face.gif

For now is a trade secret...So no tips allowed...
icon10.gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #36 of 40
I own the SA6, and would like to try the KLIPSCH IMAGE X5.

A number of people have indicated that the X5's are on Special for $189.00. Is there a coupon code which must be used?

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own the SA6, and would like to try the KLIPSCH IMAGE X5.

A number of people have indicated that the X5's are on Special for $189.00. Is there a coupon code which must be used?

It was SoundEarphones.com that was selling it for $189.99, and they also have a $10 off $150 coupon (10OffSound), bringing the total to $179.99 shipped. However, SoundEarphones.com has very recently ended the Klipsch sale and they are back up to the original MSRP prices.

The X5 is not currently as widespread as the X10, so it'll be more difficult to find it for a good price. The Klipsch Image X10 can often be found for pretty good prices on eBay, but the X5 has not shown up there yet. Perhaps you can try contacting Michael M here at Head-Fi (works for SoundEarphones.com) for some sort of special discount as it was about $60 cheaper a couple days ago.

Though it's not as bad as seeing the Image X10 price go from $219.99 back up to $349.99, difference of $130.

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was SoundEarphones.com that was selling it for $189.99, and they also have a $10 off $150 coupon (10OffSound), bringing the total to $179.99 shipped. However, SoundEarphones.com has very recently ended the Klipsch sale and they are back up to the original MSRP prices.

The X5 is not currently as widespread as the X10, so it'll be more difficult to find it for a good price. The Klipsch Image X10 can often be found for pretty good prices on eBay, but the X5 has not shown up there yet. Perhaps you can try contacting Michael M here at Head-Fi (works for SoundEarphones.com) for some sort of special discount as it was about $60 cheaper a couple days ago.

Though it's not as bad as seeing the Image X10 price go from $219.99 back up to $349.99, difference of $130.

Have they been $220? God I must have missed that!!
angry_face.gif

Call me crazy, but Im not paying $350 if they have been $220, that is just too much of a difference!!

Sep 24, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have they been $220? God I must have missed that!!
angry_face.gif

Call me crazy, but Im not paying $350 if they have been $220, that is just too much of a difference!!

Well the price fluctuations did seem crazy. However, I would say that even at $350, these are the best value headphones I have ever heard in terms of sonics. I have not heard anything this good in any affordable price range (i.e up to $1000). Just my personal opinion of course.

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the price fluctuations did seem crazy. However, I would say that even at $350, these are the best value headphones I have ever heard in terms of sonics. I have not heard anything this good in any affordable price range (i.e up to $1000). Just my personal opinion of course.

Thanks mate.

Yes, the price fluctuations are crazy, but I have bought them anyway!

I got a discount coupon, making it $285 including UPSP Express shipping worth $30!

So that makes it $255 for the earphones, not that far of the previous $220!
jecklinsmile.gif

I hope to get my package this week and will let you know what I think!
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back