New, more affordable Images announced!
May 27, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 40
Amy, are you at liberty to say when (even roughly) this summer the X5 will be available -- like, for instance, before June 30?
wink.gif

May 28, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #19 of 40
I realy likes my Custom 3 over Image which has cleaner soundquality than Image and awesome deep warm bass with rich mids.

Jun 4, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #20 of 40
I read on the product synopsis on the Klipsch site for image X5, that the differance is that they both have single armatures but in the x10 its a micro armature. Doesn't tell you much accept ones bigger than the other, condusive with the size differance between the two iems.

Edit: didnt see the sceond page!!

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little odd question how big is the diameter of the new ones ?? and the ols ones ??
I have got customs for my q-JAYS and are wondering if these would fit as well ???

X10 is 5.65mm diameter, the X5 is 7.55mm

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #24 of 40
I'm taking it that the IX5 is going to have Klipsch's stringent quality standards in IEMs like the IX10? Klipsch invokes a stringent quality standard in manufacturing and worksmanship with the Custom lines for sure.

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #26 of 40
Not sure about the Q-Jays but I like thme better thna the X10 and IMO it has a better hig hfreq extension, I have never ehard the Stax, but they seem to be a little bulky, not sure how is the fit neither...

Also the original Images had a problem in the black boots, as we know, they tend to rip out, not sure but this X5 have not shown that problem till now, so maybe they solved it in the X5...

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #28 of 40
The cable looks the same to me in both...so if you feel one microphonic, the other will be, and vice....

Jul 25, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #29 of 40
Just ordered a pair of X5's off of SoundEarphones. Should be here by Monday. It will be interesting to listen to these and compare with Sovkiller. I used the X10's for a brief stint, but found the bass too overwhelming which drowned out the mid and highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back