New, more affordable Images announced!
May 23, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 40
good move, seems the image line is really taking off.

I wish i had more time at Canjam..i didnt even get to listen to a pair as i was taking pictures or chatting it up with some of the vendors.

I will be curious to see how these sound compared to the images now.

May 24, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 40
I twisted some arms, and use some contacts in the Chinese mob, and look what I got today in the mail, well actually FedEx and went like one hour trip to get them....Removed all the plastic casing, wrapping, and here I am....Ah, BTW this box and packing, is from the original Images X10, the golden ones, as the package for these are not ready yet, AFAIK:

100_0496.jpg

OMG!!!...So far so good, a little burning in, as usual, some salt, pepper, and will let you know later on.....
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Sorry for the lousy picture...

May 24, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 40
How much are these going to go for? Just curious...

May 24, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are these going to go for? Just curious...

According to the press release linked to in the original post, they'll be "Priced at $249 (U.S. MSRP)." I'm very curious to hear about the sonic differences, too. In the Klipsch dedicated forums, Amy says they're reported to have less bottom end, but clearer highs. In this FAQ, Klipsch says the original Image (aka the X10) "provides superior bass response." Looks like we're pretty light in the impressions department so far...so I can't wait for your comparisons, Sovkiller!

Any word on when this summer we'll be seeing them for sale?

May 24, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 40
Well till now that is exactly my impressions, the bottom end is not so accentuated (I feel the Image a little on the bassy side) while it still retains a lot of weight and texture in the bass, it is true that IMO it shows cleaner highs and mids, IMO the X10 was more dedicated to comfort and style, and X5 more oriented to an audiophile market, they are not ready for a real comparison yet, but if I have to choose one, the X5 will be my choise...
wink.gif

May 25, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious about the differences in the internals.

They both use armature drivers, about the differences, you may need to wait for them to post what are those, as honestly I have no clue, but they do sound diferent...

May 25, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume it is a single armature like the Image X10. But is it the SAME armature?

Based on previous announcements, it seems safe to say the X5 uses a different, larger single armature driver.

Sovkiller, thanks for the initial thoughts. How is the X5 in terms of harshness and sibilance (on its own and vs. the X10 and SA6)? And if your nod goes the the X5 in terms of sonics, how does it compare to the X10 comfort-wise?

I just caved on a set of X10s...It's really too bad I couldn't order both versions to compare and choose from.
frown.gif

May 25, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on previous announcements, it seems safe to say the X5 uses a different, larger single armature driver.

Sovkiller, thanks for the initial thoughts. How is the X5 in terms of harshness and sibilance (on its own and vs. the X10 and SA6)? And if your nod goes the the X5 in terms of sonics, how does it compare to the X10 comfort-wise?

I just caved on a set of X10s...It's really too bad I couldn't order both versions to compare and choose from.
frown.gif

It is basically the same sound, just that the low end, is not so prominent, the highs while a little more present, are not intrusive, and it is by far a bright headphone, it is very smooth, and non fatiguing but more similar to the Sleeks. Well on hte Sleeks, depends on how you tune them, with the black tube the Sleeks has more high treble energy...

May 27, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_thatguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait for your full review sov.

Don't put me in that possition, I'm very bad doing reviews, I can answer all the questions you like, but no review guys...

The sound is a little different from the small brother (in size) it sounds more like the Sleeks, as I stated above, like more upfront, and the highs are a little more present, but not fatiguing or hash at all, IMO very natural, the bass is tamed a little, what I really enjoy, but still textured and deep...For rock I love them...I will pick them anyday over the Images X10 honestly...

May 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #15 of 40
Not a huge deal, but keep in mind that Sovkiller received a very early edition of this product, and the packaging is not yet complete (the photo has the packaging for the current Image).

I'm glad you are enjoying them so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back