NEW! Monster DNA headphones
Oct 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #49 of 212
I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #50 of 212
Quote:
I really don't get what the deal is with putting letters backwards and they're suddenly "cool". Anyways, I'm expecting something in-between the solo and mixr; bad build quality and comfort but at least half-decent audio quality.

how would you describe the sound signature of the mixr?

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #51 of 212

They are in between the solo and mixr as far as build quality goes. They are made great and don't creak and click like the solos do when they are moved around. However the destroy both the mixr and solos from a sound standpoint. They are a lot closer to the m80s with a bit more bass quantity. I also found the fit quite a bit better on the DNA. They fit great right out of the box.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #52 of 212
Quote:

I like the DNA as well.  I think it's a good sounding headphones with all the features a portable headphone should have.

How do they compare to the Monster Diamond Tears?

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #56 of 212
Quote:
It's interesting how they take what's likely the same driver as the beats and repackage it over and over.

Sorry I missed the replies to my post:
Quote:
So I take it you've heard the Beats and the headphones in the DNA series?  Or are you just speculating? 

The drivers in the Monster Turbine, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper and Monster Miles Davis Tribute (not trumpet) are all the same--that's confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.

Quote:
Nice try. The drivers are not the same.
Unqualified statements like these turn forums for useful information into "village people" rant sites. Please try to make informed posts and not to turn these threads into campaigns against large manufacturers like Monster.

Prove this statement, please. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I'd be surprised if you knew what you were talking about. I'd be happy to be surprised. As I said above, I have confirmation from the man who engineered many of Monster's iem line that they use the same driver packaged differently for different price points. It's likely that Monster is using the same strategy for their headphone line.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #58 of 212
Quote:
confirmed by the man who engineered them for Monster (and happens to be an admin for head-fi). Now you understand better than you did before why I made my statement. This isn't an uncommon practice. Don't you think it's interesting? So, yes, I think it's likely (as I said) that it's a repackage of the same driver as at least one other Monster headphone.

Really?  Didn't know that.  Who's the admin in question?

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #60 of 212
Quote:

Thanks!  So wow, we've got full-on industry insiders as admins around here! 
cool.gif
  Cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back