New Monoprice triple driver iem
Jan 19, 2017 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

posnera

100+ Head-Fier
Looks interesting, any opinions?

Triple XXX Triple Driver Earphones

18516_01.png

A simple speaker can cut the mustard when it comes to audio reproduction, but most people prefer the balanced sound of a concert sound system with its intense volume and the balanced sound from speakers tuned for specific frequency ranges. Headphones and earphones typically have only a single driver, but the Triple XXX Triple Driver Earphones feature three drivers designed to produce the balanced sound one gets from a well-designed concert sound system. Enjoy the clarity, power, articulation, and all those other fancy words we use to describe really, Really, REALLY good sounding speakers or earphones. Try them for yourself, but be prepared for the intense volume that these earphones can produce!

18516_02.png

18516_03.png

18516_04.png

3-Way Speaker
2 Balanced Armatures
Skull Crushing Volume

3-Way Speaker: Enjoy the balanced sound of 3-way speakers in your ears! Unlike ordinary headphones and earphones with a single driver, these earphones feature three drivers tuned to specific frequency bands, just like a high-end concert sound system.

2 Balanced Armatures: A balanced armature is a voice coil suspended in a magnetic field, so it can respond more easily to small changes in frequency and intensity. The main 10mm dynamic driver in these earphones is augmented by a 3.8mm mid-range balanced armature and a 2.8mm high-frequency balanced armature, giving these earphones a clarity and accuracy that is unmatched.

Skull Crushing Volume: Don't fret about smartphones or mp3 players that lack the volume to make your music rock your world. These earphones feature a skull crushing 115dB sound pressure level, far in excess of the ordinary sub-100 levels of most earphones. Don't settle for the ordinary, choose the extraordinary!

18516_05.png

18516_06.png

18516_07.png

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 17
Looks like it can only be worn down. if you try to wear this over the ear the remote would seem to end up behind the lower ear. Wish they would make a non-mic version even if the same price. $50 may be a good price or maybe not in this market though Monoprice does have discount codes at times. Seems you can get $5 off $25 atm. Wish they would show more of the cable including the Y and plug. Nice find! but 50/50 if they are real good buy yet. At least easier warranty service and no long wait since they are here in the US. ///P is the new logo?? Think they could have done better there :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 17
I just ordered a pair of these late today

I had a 30% off coupon and they have 30 days return, so I figured I would give them a try.

If I don't post back in a few weeks, hit me up for a review here to jog my memory

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 17
I got these

Preliminary feeling about them:

Hell of a Deal!

I got them with a 30% off coupon from Monoprice

So $35!  + Shipping

I am pitting them against my IE800s, IE80s, and Some Monks

So Far, very favorable

Really nice Bass.  Harder hitting than the IE800s, but not Flabby like the IE80s

Complaint so far, a bit Sibilant, a little Hot and sizzly.  This may improve with some use.

But if you are looking for the best I've found at 3-4 times it's price point?   These are it!

I'll try to post more back here later.

Great buy though, like most of Monoprice.

Aug 28, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #10 of 17
I bought these today from Monoprice. They were on sale and they also qualified for an additional 20% off today. So I got them shipped for $31.99 total. Will be interesting to see if they are an improvement to my Shozy Zeros. I have never tried a triple driver before but they were so cheap I figured why not.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #11 of 17
I bought these today from Monoprice. They were on sale and they also qualified for an additional 20% off today. So I got them shipped for $31.99 total. Will be interesting to see if they are an improvement to my Shozy Zeros. I have never tried a triple driver before but they were so cheap I figured why not.
I bought these a week ago as well. I currently have about 30 hours on these. I haven't bought earphones (anything that goes inside my ear) for like 15 years because everything I've ever tried has always hurt my ears and I could never get one that felt comfortable for more than 4 hours. That is until I tried the LCD i4 earlier and made me realize the sound has gotten a lot better and feels more comfortable.So I decided to buy a pair and I was originally looking at the under $20 stuff from different manufacturers, then I came across the XXX. spec wise, they seemed impressive so I bought it since it was on sale.

First impression - OMG the bass on this is overwhelming. I initially wanted to yank them out of my ears and return it. But I decided I would try it out and give it a chance with a few different amps and see how things are. I also switched the rubber tips to a smaller size. 4 sizes included and I'm currently using the 2nd to smallest. That also helped calm the bass down a little too. I want to try some foam tips since I hear they are more comfortable but they also tend to enhance the bass which is not what I want. If I don't like the foam, I will probably look into the ribbed tips Audeze has since those were insanely comfortable for me.

After the first 5 hours of listening, I realized that these are pretty sensitive to sound quality depending on how deep you have them in your ear. For me, I prefer it just barely snug in the ear. Too far in and I feel like it starts to develop peaks that get annoying. I don't know if all in-ears are like this since I've only tried out a few but I don't recall having those issues. But then again, it was at canjam and it was kinda loud in some areas so maybe I couldn't tell.

As of right now, I am starting to enjoy these even though the bass is overpowering for some genre of music that I like. I've currently settled on using it with my HA-2 for listening. The other two I've tried it with and didn't like was the Fiio E12 and Dragonfly black.
I haven't used it to make phone calls yet so I have no idea how the voice quality and mic quality will be like but I didn't really buy this for that purpose. I do like the button by the mic that lets you pause/play your music though (if plugged directly into your player/phone).

I can't really compare it with other IEM's since this is really my first one in 15 years or so but if compared to headphones, I think it's more similar to my X00's where the sub bass isn't as good on the XXX but the mid bass is much more accentuated. It sure didn't look that way in the frequency response graph by Monoprice. I'm kinda curious now as to what others who have bought this think of this.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #13 of 17
guess not many here bought them.

I did, and have broken them in since Xmas 2017...
There's no more of that extreme brightness or comparatively soft bass.
With EQ and a snug fit, the bass can go right up.
Still 50% louder than my Xiaomi Piston 3, and made the Pistons sound like plastic bags, clarity-wise...
Compared to the 1More triples too, but as those were demo units, can only say XXX is louder, and the 1More default response were more like Pistons+armatures.

Aug 18, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #14 of 17
This is a slightly older thread, I know... I just ordered these to go with the Monolith AAA THX portable Dac/Amp Model # 24460 Hope I like both! Anybody have an opinion on the earbuds please or on the THX portable Dac/Amp?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #15 of 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back