New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Feb 4, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #91 of 952
Got my hiby r6 pro today, get the d2 tomorrow.

Word of advice, I'll be listening to this and the hiby r6 pro at the same time. My opinion should probably be taken with a grain of salt on this one, since the r6 pro sounds very good.

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #92 of 952
Got my hiby r6 pro today, get the d2 tomorrow.

Word of advice, I'll be listening to this and the hiby r6 pro at the same time. My opinion should probably be taken with a grain of salt on this one, since the r6 pro sounds very good.

Here’s to hoping the D2 sounds good! :gs1000smile:

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #93 of 952
Does this really only Support 128GB? Any owners Test it with 400GB / 256GB?

With any Cowon Plenue, it is best to use the Cowon published limit. The limits seem too be hard coded to their max, and they do not follow the microsd standards as defined by the industry. The problem with the higher cards (than cowon published limits) is that people do not properly test them. They assume that if they do not get any errors after database initialization, then the higher capacity cards work.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #94 of 952
That's such a load of crap that they do that. It sounds like one line of code needs to be changed to get rid of the SD card size limit....

Anyway, this FedEx smart post shipping jet is using is garbage. Seriously, it's going to take 2x as long to get to Iowa from California as it took DHL to get my R6 pro from Hong Kong. I've never seen a package just sit in one spot like nobody gives a crap like this shipping method.

USPS priority shipping cost $9 and takes two days.

Why is FedEx so terrible at everything? Why do people use then for anything but overnight shipping?

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #95 of 952
That's such a load of crap that they do that. It sounds like one line of code needs to be changed to get rid of the SD card size limit....

Anyway, this FedEx smart post shipping jet is using is garbage. Seriously, it's going to take 2x as long to get to Iowa from California as it took DHL to get my R6 pro from Hong Kong. I've never seen a package just sit in one spot like nobody gives a crap like this shipping method.

USPS priority shipping cost $9 and takes two days.

Why is FedEx so terrible at everything? Why do people use then for anything but overnight shipping?
FedEx are awful. They lost an Opus I sent for repair to korea and were of no help. I'm lucky opus sent me another dap. Opus great company but FedEx are beyond bad

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #96 of 952
Got my D2 today. I bought a NewFantasia HiFi Cable with 2.5mm Trrs Balanced Male Compatible for the Hifiman HE-400i. The problem is when I put the 2.5mm balanced headphone into the player jack sound only comes out the right side of the HE 400i. Made sure the jack is the whole way in the balanced input jack. Tried going back to the original unbalanced chord, and it works great. So my problem is with both the D2 and balanced chord being new, and not having either another player or headphone wire I do not know which is detective? Has anyone gotten there Plenue D2 yet, and if so does your balanced 2.5m.m input work?

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #97 of 952
Got my D2 today. I bought a NewFantasia HiFi Cable with 2.5mm Trrs Balanced Male Compatible for the Hifiman HE-400i. The problem is when I put the 2.5mm balanced headphone into the player jack sound only comes out the right side of the HE 400i. Made sure the jack is the whole way in the balanced input jack. Tried going back to the original unbalanced chord, and it works great. So my problem is with both the D2 and balanced chord being new, and not having either another player or headphone wire I do not know which is detective? Has anyone gotten there Plenue D2 yet, and if so does your balanced 2.5m.m input work?

Hows the menu navigation, Slow / Laggy ?

When you Shuffle play, can you quickly / easily Save / Favorite a song to a List?

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #98 of 952
I haven't actually tried playing music on mine yet, but I got it today. What in the actual hell is going on with this device?

I can't get it to recognize my sd cards, I couldn't even get to menus for a while. I'll try the 2.5 mm output straight away, but my main concern is if this device is even functional at this point. This was not how the plenue 2 was....

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #99 of 952
Ugh. So I'm messing around with this more, I've tried 5 SD cards in this and the only one that works is a very old 8gb card, the others all go completely unrecognized by the device, but when plugged in to my PC via USB and in the player, my PC can read them through the player... All are formatted to exFAT or fat32, largest capacity is 128gb.

The balanced out is working fine through both channels, but if I turn up the volume too high it starts clipping and distorting until it manages to reset itself at lower volume.

So are both of our units defective @bobsmith230 ? Or did cowon just dump a totally untested device into the world?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #101 of 952
One problem figured out. SD cards MUST be formatted to fat32. exFAT won't work like in the p2. So now I'm reloading all my music.

Hurray for this. What year is it again?

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #103 of 952
Hey guys,

pretty good news to hear there is an upgrade to my PD. But really only 128gig recognize for SD-Cards? This is of course the worst. But extra 32gig intern sounds lightly ok.
But one big question: where can I get one in Europe? Best case in EU? Do you know some sellers who have them on store?

Thx

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #104 of 952
Hey guys,

pretty good news to hear there is an upgrade to my PD. But really only 128gig recognize for SD-Cards? This is of course the worst. But extra 32gig intern sounds lightly ok.
But one big question: where can I get one in Europe? Best case in EU? Do you know some sellers who have them on store?

Thx
https://www.advancedmp3players.co.u...nd_Gen__with_2.5mm_Balanced_Output.15311.html

And you can use the code SAVE15%COWON to knock off 15% or about 40 pounds.

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #105 of 952
Replaced my headphone balanced cable with a new one, the first one from Amazon didn't fit properly so there wasn't any sound. Listening to the Beatles remasterd Helter skelter and using the unbalanced at 65 volume to 50 volume with the balanced cable seems like a vast improvement of something. I am using hifiman 400i headphones. Can anyone tell me the difference between Jet effects headphone 3 and BBE MACH3BASS,and is their a preferred choice other than it's personal. Is either one suppose to better. The menu navigation is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back