New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp
Jan 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #5,927 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has to be 12v ? din't you mean could be.

Sorry, has to be 24V. I'm typing faster than I'm thinking today.

Quote:

As for the input type how its called the Minimax one?

Eh? I don't know what you mean.

Jan 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #5,931 of 6,727
Quote:

Finally! I think this is it

Transformador 700mA- 24V saida - MTK

input tension - AC 220V
output tension – 24V
intensity - 700mA

for 10€ must be it I only hope is the same cable entrace of the miniMax

You need to look somewhere else. They don't even have the category. The one you just picked is a DC walwart - it has cooling slots and that's tell-tale for DC.

Did you not try the Farnell link I posted? That one was perfect.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #5,932 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to look somewhere else. They don't even have the category. The one you just picked is a DC walwart - it has cooling slots and that's tell-tale for DC.

Did you not try the Farnell link I posted? That one was perfect.

Yes I have cheked but is to much expensive 23€+shipping costs, my country certainly has one too just have to find it.

Camon lol ..

This is MUST work does it ?. It is on AC->AC this is what I need right.

input: 220VAC
output: 24VAC 1000mA
DC cable 5.5x2.5x11mm - Right size ?

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #5,933 of 6,727
Quote:

Yes I have cheked but is to much expensive 23€+shipping costs, my country certainly has one too just have to find it.

Camon lol ..

This is MUST work does it ?. It is on AC->AC this is what I need right.

input: 220VAC
output: 24VAC 1000mA
DC cable 5.5x 2.5 x11mm - Right size ?

Sorry - the 2.5 is the problem. That's the diameter of the plug - it needs to be 2.1mm. You may be able to change out the socket on the MiniMAX, but it seems unbelievable that you can't find the right one in your country.

How about security systems? One of the most common sources in this country are walwarts that are used to supply security systems. They get around the electrical licensing requirements by using 24VAC walwarts because they can run lengthy wiring with voltages that don't approach licensing requirements. Just a thought ...

Is there a Farnell in your country? Maybe the price is cheaper than the one in the UK that I referenced.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #5,934 of 6,727
Quote:

Sorry - the 2.5 is the problem. That's the diameter of the plug - it needs to be 2.1mm. You may be able to change out the socket on the MiniMAX, but it seems unbelievable that you can't find the right one in your country.

How about security systems? One of the most common sources in this country are walwarts that are used to supply security systems. They get around the electrical licensing requirements by using 24VAC walwarts because they can run lengthy wiring with voltages that don't approach licensing requirements. Just a thought ...

Is there a Farnell in your country? Maybe the price is cheaper than the one in the UK that I referenced.
smily_headphones1.gif

I did an search and actually it seems to exist Farnell Portugal I have never eared about this store.
Edit: Its on spain and Origin country from the same you linked is GB United Kindom I guess I will have to pay the shipping costs too..

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #5,935 of 6,727
Quote:

Good news! I finally finished building the MAX V1.2a prototype:

I'll live with it for a few days to make sure everything's OK, then production PCB's will be ordered shortly thereafter.
smily_headphones1.gif

YEAH!!!

Great news Tom. I am so looking forward to this build I cannot tell you.

Keep us in the loop!

jk

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #5,936 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdkJake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YEAH!!!

Great news Tom. I am so looking forward to this build I cannot tell you.

Keep us in the loop!

jk

Production PCB's are on their way. They'll probably be available in the first or second week in February.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back