New Member Requesting Some PCDP Help / Info
Jan 25, 2018 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

slimpotatoes

New Head-Fier
Hello,

New member here and I would really appreciate some info/advice from some (or all) of the pcdp collectors here.
I recently traded in my 2014 Dodge Challenger for a 2017 Dodge Challenger and there's no cd player. I'm in my mid '50s and not a fan of mp3/sirius/pandora or whatever the musical platform or device equivalents are. I'd just like to listen to my cd's. I would like to get a new or used portable cd player that sounds loud, full, doesn't skip and under $60. That's probably asking a lot but if anyone would have a decent idea of what fits that bill it seems the answer would be at this forum. I've read on another post someone named carter made a list of pcdp's but that list seems to be missing.
It seems to me, by reading many posts hear, these devices can be addictive. I just need one that can sit on my dash and play my plastic discs without skipping and sounding like a transistor radio. I really appreciate the help and hello again to all.

Respectfully,
Dave

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 7
What no SD Card either or USB connection?

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Most new cars have a USB connection and SD Card slots. You can have a card that holds all of your cd’s and play them at will or a player that can do the same. Mid 50’s I’m 55 so it is not a problem. I’m almost sure your car has a usb connector and you would be better off with a cheap little player than packing around cd’s. Some will have SD card slots and others usb connections. Don’t know Dodge but most players will integrate with the sound system. You can have every cd you own on the player (unless you have over 1000) and usually come up on the cars system to be picked from. They are usually in the armrests of most cars so don’t know about yours.

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Thank you for the reply and the idea. I would rather go with the player. I went the ipod route years ago and they break or die. I downloaded over 600 cds onto my computer (took a week) only to have one of my sons download an internet game and virus onto my computer. Everything was lost. Never again.
I enjoy my cds. I was going to purchase a used Sony D33 but I read somewhere that they tend to skip if slightly jostled.
Thanks anyway.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #6 of 7
Still would not recommend a CD player. Still would recommend a player after reripping cd’s yes a pain in the ass but still a better solution IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back