New Member Introductions thread
Dec 4, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #14,146 of 15,519
Hi! My name is Josh and I collect iems + earbuds (my daily drivers being the sony ier-Z1R, ve asura and moondrop solis), been lurking for a very long time thought I'd make an account and maybe post a few reviews on some of the lesser spoken about iems from my collection, and make some trades to further build up the collection.

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #14,147 of 15,519
Hi, relatively recent to head-fi, but been into speaker based hi-fi for years. Currently have a chord mojo(1) and AKG k702’s. looking to slowly grow a couple of headphones and desktop amp / dac

Dec 6, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #14,150 of 15,519
Hi all, I’m new to the forum and new to headphones, but not new to HiFi audio. I wanted to post an intro to say hi and say thanks in advance for any advice and direction you can provide on how to proceed on my headphone journey.

Recently I purchased a pair of Sennheiser 6xx and was pleasantly surprised by how good they sound, compared to the cheapo studio tracking phones and airpods I’ve used. And the 6xx sound good despite running them via an inexpensive pro-audio studio type setup, Laptop -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 DAC/ADC interface -> Mackie 12 channel mixer as the headphone amp.

I’m looking to upgrade all of this to better quality gear, and plan on posting a few follow up questions looking for guidance on the best way forward.

Thanks!

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #14,152 of 15,519
Hi all. Longtime lurker, new member! I use headphones every day for work as a composer, sound designer, music teacher… basically just all around audio industry stuff.

Next purchase: a more powerful amp for he6se v2, and a nice DAP/DAC combo.

Dec 7, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #14,153 of 15,519
I'm an audiophile on a budget (am I the only one?) that prefers to pay for digital music at the first. The kit is a motley collection, but works well.

Sennheiser Momentum 1 on-ear (wired).

Dragonfly Red DAC working with 44.1 / 16 or higher from wherever (usually my iPhone).
and just recently Sony NW-A55. Why didn't I buy this years ago? I love the SensMe, and are considering paying overs again for hardware.

If they could license the 12Tone thingy and provide a mobile scrobbler too (last.fm) I would not need to check the classifieds for a WM1(x).

Nice to join in: give me a shout if you want more detail.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #14,157 of 15,519
Hello everybody! Have been reading a lot on the forum for the last 4-5 years and would like to thank everybody for the incredible amount of information and knowledge shared. I am an amteur guitarist that for years has been more into Hi Fi gear (speakers and so on). Lately I moved into portable gear and I will be looking for your advice. Thanks in advance.

Dec 10, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #14,158 of 15,519
Hi everyone

New here. I am starting with new headphones focal Elex. I am not very impressed with them. Which amp/DAC is recommended to get the best of them? I have Topping DX3+.
You'll have a better chance for a response by posting in the applicable forum, welcome!

Dec 10, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #14,159 of 15,519
Hi Head-Fi!

Long time lurker, first time account maker.

I love a wide range of music and I've been a speaker hifi listener for years. I iust recently got into headphone listening. I love hearing the fine details in a recording and headphones are definitely the easier and more cost-effective way to do that.

My speaker setup:
Audiolab 6000a integrated, amp, Audiolab 6000cdt CD transport, Bluesound node 2i streamer, Clearaudio Concept turntable with stock mm cartridge, Schiit Mani 2 phono preamp, Monitor Audio Silver 100 speakers

My home listening headphones:
Hifiman Ananda, powered by headphone amp of Audiolab 6000a

My portable iem setup:
Phone running Tidal
Fiio btr5 dac/amp
Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk

Desired upgrades:
Hifiman Arya Stealth Edition - I borrowed a pair and it goes beyond what I love about the Ananda
Dedicated headphone DAC and amp - haven't tried anything besides my Audiolab, but curious if a few hundred dollars in Schiit would be a worthy upgrade. I'll experiment once I get an Arya.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #14,160 of 15,519
Hi everyone!

New member saying hi!

I am a music enthusiast with a local library in Roon on an Intel NUC containing all my lossless CD rips.
Streaming is provided by TIDAL, integrated with Roon.

For the past few years I've been trying a different set of headphones once a year. The Denon AH-D9200 being one of the most interesting ones.
Can't wait to see, no, hear what's next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back