New Member Introductions thread
Jun 29, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #13,741 of 15,489
Hi all,

new poster here, been lurking for a bit though.
Most notable reason: I have a Shanling M3X I like, with a pair of Sennheiser IE300s that I jumped through hoops for to get me a 4.4mm balanced cable (have it now though). Have always loved headphones next to my other audio love: LPs.
I own a Sennheiser HD660s, the mentioned IE300s, a Dali IO6, a Sony WH-1000MX4 and a Meze 99 classic. Yes I like my headphones...
Now recently I purchased the IFI Zen dac signature HD660s combo DAC/CAN and am struggling a bit to get rid of what sounds a bit like static noise. But I will do more complete post on that.
Anyways, happy to be here, looks to be a friendly bunch - and message boards, I love them :)

Jun 29, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #13,743 of 15,489
ie80bt (sennheiser iem clearance -75% off- nothing going to beat them in terms of price to performance; sadly ‘in ear’ ; not sure if this suits)

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/sennheiser-ie80-s-bt-in-ear-headphones

i bought a couple of sets; including direct from Sennheiser (at the same price)
These are seriously good, and were their flagship iem at the time of release. (replacements went ‘massively UP in pricepoint)
Sennheiser are godfather pedigree in headphone audio market, for anyone who do not know…

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #13,744 of 15,489
Jul 2, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #13,746 of 15,489
Just wanted to introduce myself. Not new to HiFi, new to headphones and IEMs. Recent changes in life, Mother in Law moving in, have required a change to my music listening habits. Can no longer crank up the home system all the time get my daily fix. So recently purchased Meze Audio Advar and an iFi xDSD Gryphon to satisfy my needs. My Google research led me to this forum. Gained valuable knowledge from all of you here to help me decide on my current setup. I must say I am impressed with how good they sound. After a lifetime of listening to home audio I did not think I would be satisfied with the sound. I was definitely wrong. Already looking into over ear headphones as my next step down what I can see is a deep rabbit hole. Thank you for having me.

Jul 3, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #13,751 of 15,489
Honestly I haven't heard of "electrostatics" yet.
Tell me more about them. What do you have right now?
I have the KSE1200 system with the ifi DAC in my signature. I recommend trimming the triple flange tips to get proper fit and seal. 👍

Jul 3, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #13,752 of 15,489
The danger is if you go for the jugular you may not 'appreciate' what you have, without coming up through the ranks, if you know what I mean. Of course coming up takes a long time and a lot of spending, but that's the hobby.
This is a very valid point. Looking back at my lifetime of home hifi I can say I definitely appreciate what I have now. Can also appreciate everything that I had in the past. It all helped me learn what my "sound" preferences really are.

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #13,755 of 15,489
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here! I'm sure my wallet will suffer though. :p
Clearly you have audio experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back