New Member Introductions thread
Oct 17, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #13,038 of 15,495
Hello everybody.
Thank you for receiving me in Head-Fi. I have been a long time forum and now enter to participate.
I come to learn from you and try to improve my team with your advice. Maybe I can also help someone, but I do not have much experience.
Greetings
Agusti.
PS I do not speak English very well and use a translator, I ask for forgiveness for possible mistakes. Thanks

Oct 17, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #13,039 of 15,495
Hello,
I'm a relatively long-time lurker looking for somewhere to ask and get answers to questions about audio sources, DACs, amplifiers, & headphones.
I started down this path quite some time ago--I've been a professional (now amature) musician for over 30 years now. I've always relied on "flat", "clinical" headphones (30 y/o Sony MDR-V6--actually made in Japan!) for work and play. I'm ready to branch out and enjoy streaming hi-res audio streams in my office and on the go. I'll probably ask some stupid questions now and again. Please be kind!
Cheers,
Bill
That’s funny. I have those old Sony MDRV 6 phones in a dead pile in my closet. As soon as I bought some replacement ear pads for them many years ago I bought some new Grado 225s and forgot the Sonys!

Oct 17, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #13,040 of 15,495
Thank you!!

I'm relatively new to HiFi audio, and I've saved up enough to get either an Arya, or a HD800s!

Though I'm excited to try planar magnetics, so I'm leaning towards the Arya :D
If it helps you make a decision, I’m about to post my recent experience with a set of Aryas I bought (and returned to) Apos Audio. Stay tuned.

Oct 17, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #13,041 of 15,495
I also have a pair of Clear Mgs! I think they’re great! They‘re the perfect complement to my new HD800s. I’m running them through my (also new) Naim Uniti Atom HE - which is amazing.
I had a quick go of the AtomHE when I demoed the Clear Mgs. It was a lovely combination. I also tried the Focal Utopias with the Atom which was even better - though not sure if it justified the large difference in price. I think the Atom was developed to work together with Focal 'phones given the links between the two companies. Beautiful looking piece of kit too.
If I were able to justify a second system I think I would get one and pair it with some active speakers (maybe the acoustic energy AE1).

Does it have specific profiles for the various Focal headphones?

Oct 17, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #13,042 of 15,495
I’d love to hear your reactions to the Arya’s
OK, then. Stay tuned. I’ll post it soon. I already wrote it up and have been debating where to post it.

It doesn’t seem likely that Apos would approve it for their website review section. If I were them, I wouldn’t.
LOL - can’t wait!

Oct 17, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #13,043 of 15,495
I had a quick go of the AtomHE when I demoed the Clear Mgs. It was a lovely combination. I also tried the Focal Utopias with the Atom which was even better - though not sure if it justified the large difference in price. I think the Atom was developed to work together with Focal 'phones given the links between the two companies. Beautiful looking piece of kit too.
If I were able to justify a second system I think I would get one and pair it with some active speakers (maybe the acoustic energy AE1).

Does it have specific profiles for the various Focal headphones?
No, no profiles

Oct 19, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #13,045 of 15,495
Hi
Thanks for the welcome to Twizzleshnizzle, FinalAd and Slartibartifast. Greetings to you too.
I'm going to explain a little about my audio equipement , I have a AKG Q701 QJ Edition headphones, and a DAC APOGEE GROOVE. The DAC also uses it as a decoder for my Rotel RA-1520 that feed some old speakers Amphion Helium 2 and a passive subwoofer.
I have it in the room of the computer, and according to day or at night I use each other. I am happy with them, but I think the time has come to advance a little, first the headphones and then my DAC. Or maybe it's better to start by the DAC. As you can see I have a little mess.
Greetings

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #13,048 of 15,495
Hi, I have been in this audio hobby for many years, starting out with Westone iems and ipods many years ago. Had a K701 and a Benchmark DAC Pre after that, but then spent most of my time with speakers. Dabbled in Chi Fi iems for a while for their insane value, and had a string of Bluetooth buds and phones.

I recently decided to try out wired headphones again. Looking for a good pairing with the iBasso DX300. Something warm, slightly elevated bass, good soundstage would be my cup of tea. Thanks!

Oct 20, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #13,049 of 15,495
Hello all!

I‘ve always been an audiophile of sorts, but lacked the financial resources to fully dive into it. Now, I’ve got some money in my pocket and recently acquired a pair of Micca MB42x‘s paired with a SMSL SA36 Pro amp plugged into my MacBook Pro as a barebones setup. I want to expand into headphones soon and figured I’d join to learn more and, eventually, make an informed purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back