New Member Introductions thread
Oct 15, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #13,022 of 15,489
Hello,
I'm a relatively long-time lurker looking for somewhere to ask and get answers to questions about audio sources, DACs, amplifiers, & headphones.
I started down this path quite some time ago--I've been a professional (now amature) musician for over 30 years now. I've always relied on "flat", "clinical" headphones (30 y/o Sony MDR-V6--actually made in Japan!) for work and play. I'm ready to branch out and enjoy streaming hi-res audio streams in my office and on the go. I'll probably ask some stupid questions now and again. Please be kind!
Cheers,
Bill
Cheers Bill, I’m new to all this myself, and looking forward to jumping into my new hobby with both feet! I think I’ve found the place!

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #13,027 of 15,489
Hello. Long tIme lurker, first time poster.
I used the reviews and the forum to get my love for headphones back.
A few years back I bought some AKGQ701s to go with my Naim Headline as I had always used headphones and assumed good headphones and good amp would equal good sound. I was wrong. the combo was dull and lacked the quality I was hoping for so was rarely used.
Just recently I was working more from home so wanted to upgrade my headphones and DAC game. After much searching and reading I have ended up with some Focal Clear Mg phones and a Topping DX7 Pro for my desktop which is excellent. The Focals through my Naim Headline amp are also fantastic in comparison to the AKGs too so I am finally getting the experience I was looking for.
Couldn’t have done it without this site and forum!

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #13,028 of 15,489
Hello, I'm new here Thanks for having me.

Oct 17, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #13,030 of 15,489
Hi all,

I hope I'm posting in the right place as a newbie. I got the Admin's message about needing to have my first post approved before starting any new threads.

I'm new on Head-Fi. I haven't participated in forums for a long time, but thought I'd like to peruse this group since I've been a headphone junkie for 50 years now.

If I'm in the right place I will see how this post goes before I list my gear or other follow-ups, like questions or my review of the Hifiman Arya phones I just sent back to Apos.

Cheers mates!

Carl

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #13,031 of 15,489
Hi all,

I hope I'm posting in the right place as a newbie. I got the Admin's message about needing to have my first post approved before starting any new threads.

I'm new on Head-Fi. I haven't participated in forums for a long time, but thought I'd like to peruse this group since I've been a headphone junkie for 50 years now.

If I'm in the right place I will see how this post goes before I list my gear or other follow-ups, like questions or my review of the Hifiman Arya phones I just sent back to Apos.

Cheers mates!

Carl
Yup, you're in the right place for your first post. I think we all know it feels a bit uncertain at first, but no worries. Welcome. :)

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #13,032 of 15,489
Hello everyone,

Long time headphone lover, but started to get into better gear more recently. I have been lurking in the forum for quite some time. The discussions and experiences here helped me quite a lot and I decided to finally actively participate.
Started with a Sennheiser HD598 a long time ago. Got a Hifiman Sundara a few years ago, but it really started when I bought better sources. Went from Focal Clear OG to now Meze Elite. I plan on sharing my impressions of that soon. I am also looking for a better DAC so suggestions are very welcome.

Best regards and thanks for having me,
SeSamer

Oct 17, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #13,033 of 15,489
Hello. Long tIme lurker, first time poster.
I used the reviews and the forum to get my love for headphones back.
A few years back I bought some AKGQ701s to go with my Naim Headline as I had always used headphones and assumed good headphones and good amp would equal good sound. I was wrong. the combo was dull and lacked the quality I was hoping for so was rarely used.
Just recently I was working more from home so wanted to upgrade my headphones and DAC game. After much searching and reading I have ended up with some Focal Clear Mg phones and a Topping DX7 Pro for my desktop which is excellent. The Focals through my Naim Headline amp are also fantastic in comparison to the AKGs too so I am finally getting the experience I was looking for.
Couldn’t have done it without this site and forum!
I also have a pair of Clear Mgs! I think they’re great! They‘re the perfect complement to my new HD800s. I’m running them through my (also new) Naim Uniti Atom HE - which is amazing.

Oct 17, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #13,034 of 15,489
Hi all,

Cheers mates!

Carl
I’d love to hear your reactions to the Arya’s

Oct 17, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #13,035 of 15,489
Hello all,
Very nice to meet you guys, I'm from Italy and in my life I've tried to be kind to my wallet in gear spending. Unfortunately I've found this place and my gut says this forum will definitely corrupt me.
At the moment, I'm looking for a sort of all-rounder wireless headphone, something I can use to enjoy good music as well as use it for calls, meetings, etc.
It will be my first serious wireless, so far I've always been a cable fan, but you know, convenience sometimes matter.
Wireless means bluetooth and bluetooth means not so great sound quality… that being said, I’d recommend the Sony WH1000-XM4’s. They’d be quite good for what you’re looking for and can connect to two devices at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back