New Member Introductions thread
Oct 3, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #12,991 of 15,484
Hey there folks. Joined up because I recently started getting into hi-fi gear again. I've got couple headphone setups that serve me well:
  • HD6XX with JDS Labs Atom Amp+ and Raspberry Pi 4 that I use at work.
  • Sundara with Schiit Magnius that I use with my PC at home.
I just signed up for CanJam Chicago 2022 and wanted to establish an account to help me better plan for the experience. Thanks for having me!

Oct 4, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #12,992 of 15,484
Hi everyone from Denmark.
Here below my current setup
- XTZ Class-A 100 d3
- XTZ 99.36 FLR New Generation
- Schiit gungnir multibit
- Pioneer N50AE
- Pioneer PD-30 AE-S
- Well tempered lab Versalex + Ortofon 2M Black

Thanks for having me

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #12,993 of 15,484
Hello! New member here from Chicago, IL area..
My current humble setup right now;
-JDSLabs Atom amp
-JDSLabs Atom dac
-Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee
-Sennheiser HD560s
Currently looking for a good pair of HD800 or HD800s.
Don't hate me, but I primarily game and I am very competitive and always looking for the extra edge! But, I do enjoy great sounding headphones and I am just starting down this rabbit hole! Thanks.

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #12,994 of 15,484
Ignorace is my power. I just master tidal and leave it at that. I lost my hundreds of cd collection so I'm not interested in buying all cd's again. and buying digital doesn't really interest me either. For now anyways :p
I would try this streamer Qobuz they provide most of those encoding but they stream you the highest quality audio, I personally prefer to download the highest resolution format that I can get that my DAP will handle, CDs are very low res at 16bit 41.1k and when I turn off WI-FI on my CAYIN DAP the resolution is even better.
https://www.qobuz.com

Oct 6, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #12,998 of 15,484
Hi Guys, just joined recently. I have been following the forum for years and finally decide to actually join :)

I used to live in China, so I was active there and had some great relationships with Chinese hifi companies like Lotoo and Hifiman. Anyway, I'm glad to join.

Here are the current desktop system I use:
PC -> Schiit USB Filter -> Chord 2Qute with LHY LPS -> ifi ican micro -> DT1770 Pro

Gonna update to a professional streamer soon.

Thanks!:beerchug:

Oct 7, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #12,999 of 15,484
Hey everyone, I'm FinalAd!

I've been lurking here for quite a while, like a lot of other users. My setup can be found below, I'll make sure to keep it updated with any changes.

Thank you! :dt880smile:

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #13,000 of 15,484
Hi everyone, Jake here. I'm from Peterborough, Ontario Canada. I just started undertaking the project of building my perfect music setup. Looking here for advice!

Currently don't have anything exciting hardware wise, just a 7 year old Sennheiser Momentum.

I'm a music nut first and I listen to many things.

Pink Floyd, A Tribe Called Quest, Pantera, Boris Brejcha, Muddy Waters, Tchaikovsky & Rihanna being some choice artist examples across my spectrum.

Hey there friedup, finalad, jingle, little Andy, thug and metarys!

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #13,001 of 15,484
Hey there folks. Joined up because I recently started getting into hi-fi gear again. I've got couple headphone setups that serve me well:
  • HD6XX with JDS Labs Atom Amp+ and Raspberry Pi 4 that I use at work.
  • Sundara with Schiit Magnius that I use with my PC at home.
I just signed up for CanJam Chicago 2022 and wanted to establish an account to help me better plan for the experience. Thanks for having me!
Hey beehole! Welcome! I just joined as well. I'm wondering if you prefer the Sundara or the hd6xx??? I'm looking at both as possible options.

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #13,002 of 15,484
Been a long time reader of headfi, decided to make an account only now.
- Zen Can + Zen Dac v2 and HD650, X2HR, LCD1.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #13,004 of 15,484
Hey everyone, return Head-Fi user here.

Got out of the whole headphone business a while back in pursuit of a high end desktop speaker set up (always liked the planar sound so went the Maggie/Magnepan route). Recently found myself having more time nowadays with the whole remote work/working-from-home thing due to COVID and all, so been slowly getting back into music production.

That said, I found myself relying on headphones more and more for mixing/mastering/other music production related stuff. So, figured I'd join back up here on Head-Fi to - at the very least - see what's going on and what's new in the headphone world. Hope to maybe even find a new, 'updated' headphone through the forums here.

Anyway, looking forward to rediscovering the world of headphones and hope to have the chance to get as much out of the Head-Fi site as I was able to before!

Thanks everyone!

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #13,005 of 15,484
real name ,steve.started buying iem's about 3yrs ago to listen to in the gym. have about 8 with 3 on the way.do not listen to all of themand I want to buy more. what ae the alternativea for selling them in th usa and what are the pluse and minuses.I see there are classieds on this account but it looks percarious.Does one need to set up an account to recieve credit card payment and or pay pay pal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back