New Member Introductions thread
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #12,511 of 15,490
Hell yeah, man. Sorry for the delayed response. Took me a sec to figure out what 216 meant but I got you haha.
Hahahah... It's all good. I knew you'd get it in time... Have fun up in here! Amazing community!!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #12,513 of 15,490
Just saying hi. Newbie here. Just getting into headphone now that I have chosen a more mobile living arrangement.

Looking at Stellia and ifi pro idsd. What do you think? A good combo? Or would you recommend something else. Oh crap I might have just opened up a can of worms. Oh well.

Apr 24, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #12,514 of 15,490
Hey all! New here and looking to get into the audiophile life, just wanted to say hello. Definitely glad to be a part of such a helpful community and looking forward to checking out posts and maybe looking to pick up some gear.
I'm new as well. Just couldn't help but notice where you are from. I stopped in Boone summer of 2019. Looking to head back this summer or winter. Any suggestions of a place to boondock my custom built RV?

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #12,516 of 15,490
Howdy from wherever I happen to be parked. I live and work on the road full time hauling freight. All my gear has to fit in my rig so I’m into portable/small daps, amps, iems, and a limited number of headphones. If you see a guy at a truckstop wearing HD650s while walking his dog, that’d be me.

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #12,521 of 15,490
Hey, just joined today. I have moderate experience with audio gear, have tons to learn and am enjoying the journey. I recently picked up AKG Q701 Quincy Jones Signature Reference (on-ear) phones and am incorporating them into my system.
Oh! I have been wanting one of those lately but couldn't find a NOS Austrian sample.

Aren't those over ear?

Apr 28, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #12,523 of 15,490
Apr 28, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #12,524 of 15,490
Hia!

Long time lurker, but finally am joining in the fun!

I'm currently rolling some Hifiman HE1000sem bought to replace my broken LCD3 (Pre fazor). The rest of my setup is a MZ2 LPS+ amp and Lynx Hilo DAC and some Dan Clark Audio Aeon Flow 2 Closed back (which I will sell soon, most likely)

I'm currently searching for my next headphone pair, whose purpose will mainly be for gaming.

The HE1Kse are great for casual gaming but it's hard to pin point anything coming from behind you.

Leaning towards the Beyerdynamic T1.2 or HD800s (whom I had in the past), at the moment.

(Yes, all of those are way overkill for pure gaming, but... [Rabbit Hole])

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #12,525 of 15,490
Hello,

As @sluice, I been lurking around for some time, but actually just recently joined!

My current setup includes a lot of low / mid-fi dacs, like EL DAC (v1), iFi iDac2, Audio Engine D1, etc.

I mostly listen while working but not limited to! through my iLoud MM desktop speakers and my trusty HD600 with a Rupert Neve Headphone amp which I like a lot!

My main source is a gaming PC and also enjoy an HD 560 which I mostly use with my digital piano (Roland LX-706) and while gaming!

By other hand, I also own an RME ADI-2 DAC (v2) which I don't like that much he-he, but that's another history :smile:

My current DAC is a Crane Song avocet IIa (quantum dac), actually loaned as I am currently looking to upgrade / replace my RME as my main DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back