New Member Introductions thread
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #12,497 of 15,452
Hello. I am joining goddogknowswhy, usually I could just google and read, also mostly would lurk diy-audio, because I certainly cannot afford hi-end, yet can solder and such. I have built some chipamps, SE class A FET, Push-Pull FET, SE Class A germanium amps for speakers in past. Not too wise though, simple generic understanding I have tho. A little theory here and there. My HPs have always been some bundled earphones from mobile phones, cheap Sony/Philips supermarket stuff.
Only in last period of having daily job I acquired Fiio BTR5, Monoprice 8323, Koss KPH30i, ESS 422H. Still awaiting Brainwavz HM5 and Hiby R3. Now I would love to find budget friendly IEMs for death metal type of stuff, because none of my stuff does really good with it, yet some cheap sony or jbl in ear earphones offer a comfy space for drumblasts, vocals and such. Then there must be some better ones too. That's my quest. To find earphones for heavy metal type of music.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #12,501 of 15,452
Howdie. I have spent the past year, maybe even closer to 2, as a visitor to head-fi, not a registered user. It seems odd in retrospect. Now I am in this awkward limbo in which I am finally an official member yet the ability to engage fully will take time as per the guidelines. I like it here the best out of any of the audiophile communities because it is a nice balance. It's not cultish, I don't ever come across comments in which members are praising their perceived fearless leader, AND I REALLY need to buy those ZMF auteurs that are newly posted in the classifieds at the moment yet they are still out of my reach because I can't send a message to the seller telling him immediately that I will gladly buy them.

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #12,503 of 15,452
"Hello audiophile world, where do i begin'

I've owned various amps, turntables (Technics 1210's in the 90's) long since 'regrettably' sold. also speakers, headphones etc etc...

Fast forward to around 2020 (after building gaming pc's since 1998) recently sold a Turtle beach atlas elite TAC/headset combo and upgraded to a

Schiit Magni heresey
Schiit Modi 3+
Topping P3A
Speakers: Picked up a set of classic B&W DM600 S3's (in mint condition) sat on some Nordell audio isolation pads.

Headphones: Beyerdynamic Game one's, removed the mic boom (using a blue yeti blackout edition instead)
replaced the standard 'faux leatherette' earpads with Dekoni full sheepskins/headband with a Beyer DT1990 Dragon leather version (direct replacement but need fettling to stay in place), i suffer with skin irritation with fake leather on my ears weirdly.

My MP3/FLAC collection hasnt sounded so good, i do intend to invest in better headphones & speakers down the line !
(*DT880 pro's/Klipsch M600 would be ideal). :L3000:

Attachments

• 20210419_161123[1].jpg
    20210419_161123[1].jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210417_222619[1].jpg
    20210417_222619[1].jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #12,504 of 15,452
Howdie. I have spent the past year, maybe even closer to 2, as a visitor to head-fi, not a registered user. It seems odd in retrospect. Now I am in this awkward limbo in which I am finally an official member yet the ability to engage fully will take time as per the guidelines. I like it here the best out of any of the audiophile communities because it is a nice balance. It's not cultish, I don't ever come across comments in which members are praising their perceived fearless leader, AND I REALLY need to buy those ZMF auteurs that are newly posted in the classifieds at the moment yet they are still out of my reach because I can't send a message to the seller telling him immediately that I will gladly buy them.
whats up Lake mate...from the 216, born and bred. We got love for your folks over there

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #12,506 of 15,452
Another new member here. Just starting to look around. Great info and seems to have a nice vibe.
In the last year or so, I've started getting back into the passion I had for music when I was younger. My Dad's first career was as a saxophone player. I used to watch sports with the sound off, listening to him practice. I still love jazz, but my tastes are have run the gamut: rock, classical, electronica, ambient and some very hard to categorize stuff (I've seen it called "avant-garde jazz classical"), including Michel Godard's work.
All-time musical heroes: Tom Waits and Elvis Costello. Head gear includes: Meze 99 Classic, Dan Clark Audio Ether2, Schiit Jotumheim, Rupert Neve RNHP and Chord Mojo-Poly.
My wife and I live on a small ranch in very rural Montana (more cows than people around here). Particularly with the pandemic music really helps keep things rolling.
Glad to hang out and hopefully contribute a bit, Bill

Apr 20, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #12,507 of 15,452
Another new member here. Just starting to look around. Great info and seems to have a nice vibe.
In the last year or so, I've started getting back into the passion I had for music when I was younger. My Dad's first career was as a saxophone player. I used to watch sports with the sound off, listening to him practice. I still love jazz, but my tastes are have run the gamut: rock, classical, electronica, ambient and some very hard to categorize stuff (I've seen it called "avant-garde jazz classical"), including Michel Godard's work.
All-time musical heroes: Tom Waits and Elvis Costello. Head gear includes: Meze 99 Classic, Dan Clark Audio Ether2, Schiit Jotumheim, Rupert Neve RNHP and Chord Mojo-Poly.
My wife and I live on a small ranch in very rural Montana (more cows than people around here). Particularly with the pandemic music really helps keep things rolling.
Glad to hang out and hopefully contribute a bit, Bill
I see the word 'Schiit', i insta like :wink:

Apr 21, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #12,508 of 15,452
Hey guys, new to here. Not new to audio. Just wanted to say hi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back