New Member Introductions thread
Feb 20, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #12,316 of 15,519
Hello everyone, or at least the people reading this :relaxed:
I have been browsing this forum for the last week or so looking to submerge a bit deeper into the higher quality audio.

About 3 years ago I found myself in need for a new PC headset and rolled into the Hi-res spectrum with the Steelseries Arctis pro and "gamedac" which carries an ES9018. After some issues with the headset itself I upgraded to a wireless model, but it could still be wired to the gamedac which I do quite regularly.
I even purchased a micro USB host cable to attach the gamedac to my phone, though due to the bulk of carrying that combination with me I never really went through with actually using it that way.

Recently I decided to really look for a portable solution so, that's part of why I am here :v:

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #12,321 of 15,519
Hello to all and thanks for the many informative posts over the years.

My gear:
Headroom Total Airhead portable amp
Headroom Desktop dac/amp
Meridian Explorer 2 usb dac/amp
Dragonfly Cobalt usb dac/amp
Peachtree Nova 150
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
Schiit Bifrost 2
Schiit Jotunheim 2
Allo DigiOne Signature (+Shasta power supply)
Sonore Microrendu (+LPS power supply)

Headphones:
Koss PortaPro
Bose QC35ii
Jabra Evolve 75
Etymotic ER4S
Sennheiser HD600
Hifiman Sundara
Hifiman Arya

I use Roon software and subscribe to Tidal HD, Spotify Premium, and Apple Music

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #12,322 of 15,519
Hello everyone

I recently started to get more into headphones, and I need some advice on where best to spend my money to get the next upgrade. I will post my current conundrum in a separate thread.

I currently listen mostly to my Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO and Sennheiser HD6XX via a THX AAA789 amp and Topping D30 DAC. I use Roon and Tidal HD, and have a decent vinyl collection.

I blame Massdrop for getting me into this hobby, but I am ready for something beyond Drop. I live in Austin, Texas.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #12,324 of 15,519
New member here, been lurking for awhile and have determined this is THE place to learn more about the ever growing and improving world of IEMs.

An analog head for many years... Pioneer and Mitsubishi receivers/amps, Polk, JBL and Pioneer speakers, Onkyo and Pioneer turntables, Sennheiser headphones, and tons of vinyl.

The switch to digital streaming media was long overdue for me, but I've finally arrived and liking it very much.

The Chi-Fi IEM market has captured my interest recently. A gazillion choices in a plethora of design types, sound signatures, and pricing tiers. This community has already helped me wade through this crowded market with well-informed and honest opinions from it's members. Maybe one day I will gain enough first-hand knowledge to help others as well.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #12,325 of 15,519
Hi all, been lurking on the forums for a few years. Keen to learn more about this hobby from everyone.

Looking to get a tube amp next.

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #12,327 of 15,519
Hey everyone! Dallas, TX here. I've always been a bit of an audiophile, having listened to speakers with my dad growing up. I hadn't revisited the hobby for a little over a decade before deciding on upgrading some tower speakers that my dad left me when he passed. My wife actually helped me get back into it, much to her regret I think lol, since she wanted to find a smaller solution to our home theater set up.

Now we have a pair of Buchardt A500s for our living room, which fit the scandi vibe that she loves - after a LOT of budgeting and selling off some old video/audio gear, of course. This inevitably led me down the headphone rabbit hole! With working at home and having the tv on a lot I've been in search for a great closed-back to isolate when there's lots of noise in the house. Currently have a basic Asgard 3/Modius setup, and even though I haven't found that perfect pair yet it's a great fun to research, despite my wallet thinking otherwise lol.

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #12,329 of 15,519
Hi ya'll

New member here

Been adding to my set up - fairly cliche in terms of starting out - Hd6xx with a Darkvoice and E30 dac and Anandas with a magni 3 and modi 3+ - looking to develop more understanding of the hobby and have been enjoying perusing the forums so far

Regards
Welcome, I actually just ordered the HD6xx a few weeks ago and waiting until mid March for shipment. They will be my first pair of headsets outside of the standard gaming headsets. I also ordered a pair of blon 03 IEM's as a first. I've seen the magni/modi stack mentioned on numerous occasions. It may be on my possible list as well since I don't have a DAC or amp yet.

Enjoy the good upcoming weather!

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #12,330 of 15,519
Greetings again, been gone a while, not sure if some account purge happenned a bit ago since my last post was probably around 2015. Had to reregister, glad to see the forums are alive and well, just looking to see where to ask for help now, since back to try and get an upgrade given my Beyer T90's just fell apart ( clips all broke off suddenly )

Looking at either the senn 800s or open to other suggestions, as I REALLY loved the t90's ( I use them on my PC x7 Sounblaster ) so w/e helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back