New Member Introductions thread
Feb 6, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #12,273 of 15,495
Hello, been browsing the forum for a while, especially this year due to lockdown. Updated my audio equipment so 2020 was not all that bad!
Currently own the focal stellia, abyss diana, hifiman arya powered by the RME Adi-2 and Topping A90. I feel like I could help members who need advice on these and also look for advice on what to buy next! Maybe something dark/warm...

Feb 7, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #12,277 of 15,495
Hello, everyone! I've found this site very helpful when finding information of head-fi gears. It'd be wonderful if I could communicate with many head-fiers all around the world, so I've decided to join here. Thank you very much :)

Feb 7, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #12,278 of 15,495
Hey everyone! New member (obviously) but I've been lurking since about July last year. Bought my Sundara's based on the reviews I read :)
Getting to where I want to step up to nicer stuff so I figure I'd make a acct to talk to some of the many experienced people here.

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #12,279 of 15,495
Hi, ibasso DC03 is looking for an ear monitor. Up to $ 100. What I looked at is the Ibasso IT00, but the problem is that it has 1 drive in it. What can you suggest? Usage would be very mixed, classical music, movie, pop, game.

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #12,280 of 15,495
Hi all, first post!

Ive always enjoyed my music but Never until recently owned anything particularly high quality. As a teenager I grew up listening to vinyl and later CDs on a Philips hifi and eventually when my parents got sick of Metallica moved to Philips headphones. I wish I knew the model, they sounded great! All I remember is they had a 3m cable.

i was quite early adopter of portable MP3 players first getting an MPMAN MP3 player, it rocked 32mb internal storage and could be expanded to a whopping 64mb. At 128kbps I could fit an entire album on it which was fine as the battery (AA!) only lasted about an hour!

I then moved to an early iPod, 30gb... damn that was a game changer! Hello all my music in one place, so be it still low resolution.

these days I’m using a Sony NW-A105 Walkman with WH-1000XM4 headphones, equalised towards the harman target. I’ve got an extensive ALAC library (some 400+ albums I’ve ripped from my CD’s) and streaming via tidal hifi when desired.

I’ve joined up really just because I’ve loitered for quite some time and felt it’s about time I contributed so hi!

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #12,282 of 15,495
Hey, new to head-fi, just my 1st introductory post. I've had the Fiio M11 for almost a year now, using as my primary car audio music player. Love it enough to bypass my Alpine Android Auto headunit, using the Digital Coax out via an Audioquest digital coax cable direct to my JL TWK 88 DSP in the hatch, which distributes the signal to three Alpine Type R amps- as an active crossover to a four channel that discretely amplifies each tweeter and woofer of the Focal 6.5" components up front, a two channel w/ passive crossovers for my Focal components in the rear, and two Type-R 8" subs in a LifeAfterBass custom enclosure in the hatch. Made the tragic mistake of letting my M11 go through a wash cycle the other day, so that's my current crisis. Luckily, the battery was completely dead already, so there was no juice in it. Let it air dry for days, carefully opened up with proper tools, sprayed with electrical contact cleaner, and let dry a few more days... finally turned it on today to see what the damage was, and it appears to be some spotting on the LCD. Not sure what the costs will be, wish I could find a replacement LCD and do it on my own, but oh well. There were already dead pixels on the screen before any of it happened, so I'll have to see what happens. Any advice appreciated. Will try and add a pic

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #12,285 of 15,495
Hello. I really like good sound, I've loved music all my life, it conjures mood and emotion like nothing else, and my mind seems to be especially wired for sound even though I'm more the technical intellectual type. Consequently, at times I have unusual control over my voice without trying. I have Sennheiser HD 298, and while I've always loved great bass and techno music, they help me appreciate it even more, they seem to have most of the bass extension I'd always been looking for, though I suspect that only a proper subwoofer can go the rest of the way. I also have a 1More triple driver in-ear, which I got before the Sennheiser, it taught me to appreciate the amazing crisp, clear reproduction of a good cymbal hit, and also show me that a very non-flat $80 IEM can still deliver much better mids (and obviously treble) than a $230 Sennheiser simply by virtue of having balanced armatures. But eventually, I couldn't do without the bass. With the armatures, dialog in shows takes noticeably less effort to understand.

I have always preferred headphones, especially IEMs, originally for their portability and ability to pinpoint directional audio in games, then for their value because they always seem to deliver vastly better, more immersive sound than speakers, and I enjoy the ability of isolating IEMs to transport me to another place. But, I also specifically bought open-back, and I've learned that letting outside sound in is not entirely a bad thing either, aside from also sounding better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back