New Member Introductions thread
Sep 23, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #11,836 of 15,511
Hi! New to the Head-Fi forum. Been listening a lot via headphones while working from home for the last seven months.

Sep 23, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #11,838 of 15,511
Hello;
I have been reading on headfi for some time but never posted. I have had Stax Lambda Nova Signature's with a SRM-T1 amp for about 23 years. Last year I took the leap and bought a Blue Hawaii Special Edition amplifier and a pair of Stax 009S's. I was completely unprepared for how fantastic it sounded! I am interested in getting your impressions of how Lambda 700's would sound with the BHSE. Although the 009S's are otherworldly, there is something I miss about the particular frequency reponse of the Lambda (euphonic distortion?) so 007Mk2's might be in my future. Also, once I have enough posts to qualify I would like to find a new home for my LNS+T1 system.

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #11,839 of 15,511
Hi fellow members. I lurked around many years ago, and it seems I am back again. My main interest is more video/home theater focused, but some years ago I got seduced by Massdrop and ended up with the mahogany Fostex TH-X00 headphones and the Grace Designs m9xx DAC. I had been reading through the forum while I waited months for these items to finally arrive. Once I had them in my hand, I set up an account and connected with fellow member Peterek to have the cable mod done to the TH-X00s.

Fast forward 4+ years and I've just not really found myself as a headphones guy and just never really put this equipment to any significant use. I'm slightly embarrassed since they do sound soooo good, but I'm fortunate to live in the country and without kids, so I just crank up my stereo and rock out with my sealed dual 18" subs and Sierra 2 speakers.

Like others, I'm here to say hey, thanks, and eventually make my way to minimum status so I can find more caring owners for these great children (gear, I meant gear...).

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #11,840 of 15,511
Hi Everyone, I am new here and just introducing myself. I am a life long musician and lover of audio though my knowledge of hi-fi has never really been great. Thanks to the internet I have been able to really learn a lot in the last couple of months and this has ofically become my new hobby. I currently listen to most of my music on my hiby r5 if I am traveling (which I do a lot for work) or my Geshelli labs ENOG 2 Pro DAC and Erish Amp if I am at home. My favorite headphones right now are my Fostex T60RP and my Campfire Audio Solaris 2020 - although I am looking to replace the Solaris with something that fits my ears a little better. I am thinking maybe the Andormeda or Rai Penta? I don't know yet but that is part of the fun of the hobby i guess doing the research and watching all the reviews online. Anyway, it's nice to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you as well.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #11,841 of 15,511
Hello Everyone! I am quite new to the audio hobby, having started my journey during the lockdown. It all started when I asked my brother for an upgrade for my gaming headset. Having seen him use his Airpods pro, I figured why not get a portable solution so I can listen to my music in bed, and he suggested the Soundmagic E11C. Hearing things I haven't heard before in my music, I started delving deeper into the hobby. I've spent a lot of my time looking at other IEMs and have contracted upgraditis. I find it fun looking up all of the IEM brands and models and consider my next purchases. I ended up getting the FAAEAL Hibiscus in a sale, as I have heard they are quite detailed and come with a great cable. These sound great to my ears and have only fueled my desire to collect more and more IEMs. I am still learning a lot about the hobby, and I hope to purchase headphones in the near future. Great to be here, and thanks for welcoming me into the hobby! I look forward to learning more and more about the hobby!

Sep 25, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #11,842 of 15,511
Hello,

Head-fi.org is an incredible community. I've been able to obtain a wealth of information from this site and corresponding forums. Now that I have my audiophile setup, I look forward to contributing back with reviews and content that other members hopefully find informative.

Sep 26, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #11,844 of 15,511
Hi :)
I'm also new and just getting the hang of the site.
I'm mainly here to get more people's opinions on gear which I will no bounty need in the future.
Living in Australia, the available gear and pricing is fairly different to the states, so more info from more people is great.
It is also good to meet like-minded people :)
Cheers.

Sep 28, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #11,847 of 15,511
Hello guys,

I've finally decided to join this board after poring over so many threads here :)
I'm a metalhead and a PC gamer, I currently own a pair of Fidelio X2 that I bought used in mid 2017.

I'll be going further this rabbit hole with a new pair of IEMs (to replace broken commuting earphones) and a DAC/Amp setup for my desktop computer!

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #11,849 of 15,511
Hi,

Long time reader (lurking here since launch!), first time signup. I finally suffered the inevitable and stepped on one of my Shure SE315 IEMs and broke the sound barrel off the body in way that will never be easy to re-pair. After 5 years of faithful service from both the IEMs and the stock cable that they came with, I am investigating all the awesome looking ChiFi sets < $50 as a replacement. There are so many that it's hard to resist the temptation to order 5 or 6 different pairs all at once.

I have gone through tons of over-the-ear and higher end phones over the years, including sennheiser, 2 different sets of sony v6's (they get stolen or permanently borrowed before breaking!) and tons of cheap IEMs from panasonic, sennh, sony, and a pair of etymotics that never agreed with me. The only thing that lasted were a pair of nicely broken in Grado SR80s, but are now just broke due to a soldering failure in the cable. Will for sure be looking for tips on how to re-cable my SR80s.

Like the SE315's from Shure and my prized V6's, these are all fairly neutral. I enjoy a lot of technical listening in jazz and classical, and tend to boost EQ for rock and pop. Right now I'm slumming it with a pair of AKGs that came with a samsung tablet, some wired gen2 Marshall's, and a freebie Acer Nitro gaming headset that came with my laptop. Don't laugh ... the 50mm driver in these actually has some decent thump after EQ'ing them to taste!

Look forward to sharing some experiences. cheers

Sep 28, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #11,850 of 15,511
Hello,
Have purchased multiple cans and interacted with alot of friendly people on here in the past few weeks. In the past I've been told that alot of audio enthusiasts were douchey but after being on here I realize it was just a generalization from a music store they once visited in sf. Im pretty new to this but somehow I've still amassed quite alot of audio equipment in the past few months. Im still waiting to have the privilage to post FS/trade and wanted ads on here. If anyone knows how long it takes could they let me know? I need to share or trade my cans before I impulse buy anything else lol. I love to listen to music and test cans out on gaming. Im located in the SF bay area if anyone wants to have a headphone meetup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back