New Member Introductions thread
Aug 5, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #11,702 of 15,451
Hi, I"ve been reading head-fi for ages and finally signed up bcs I was trying to get a pair of headphones from another member. It didn't work out but I've still managed to spend more on audio gear in the last month than ever before and some of it used (which is a first). I love the idea of trading or re-selling gear so others can get a taste and/or maybe your tastes have changed. Looking forward to more and more audio bliss...

Aug 6, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #11,704 of 15,451
Hello,
I am from Seoul, Korea.
God google led me here.
I started music life with IEM - Westone, Shure..
Now I use headphones - Hifiman Arya, Utopia, Dan Clark audio VOCE.. and so on.
I want to get some information here, or share my experience.
Have a happy day! Good Luck.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #11,705 of 15,451
Long-time lurker here, but glad to have finally joined so I can engage a bit. Fairly new to the audiophile game, but I have a decent amount of experience with sub-$200 headphones and (recently) amps. I think one of my favorite things about this hobby is that you can get great gear at great prices if you buy used, and if you find it's not to your liking, it holds its value well when you decide to sell it. This is allowed me to try out a good bit of gear as I narrow down my preferences. I'm currently using a Schiit Heresy and Sound Blaster G6 with Beyerdynamic TYGR, DT 880 250ohm, Vokyl Erupt, and HD6XX. Really enjoying the variety of sound signatures. I'm waiting for my Topping L30/E30 stack to come in to decide if I'm gonna step up to that or if I'm good with the Heresy.

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #11,707 of 15,451
Hey All, been browsing these forums for the last few years and even attended CanJam SoCal last year, but finally decided to actually create an account =). Audio journey really started with a trip to Japan a few years back, where a quick stop into a Yodobashi store introduced me into the world of headphones. Started buying headphones off of drop (TH-X00 Purpleheart, HD 6XX) then moved into IEMs (CA Vega, EE Valkyrie). Currently looking to downsize my collection to a single pair of headphones and a single IEM as well as explore the world of TWS (the new Hiby WH3s look interesting).

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #11,708 of 15,451
Howdy, Was referred here by someone who sold me a Asgard 3 over at Reddit (when I asked where I could leave him some feedback)

Not super 'into' headphones, but i have a pair of HD6xx and 3 headphones amps (All schiit stuff... Hel, Asgard 3, Valhalla 2 with an array of different tubes). Dont really use the Hel anymore, but it served me well as my first piece of audio gear when i got those HD6xx. I run everything through a cheap SMSL DAC which i hope to upgrade soon (its an Sanskrit 10th MkII)

Have since gotten really into car AV and speakers. Installed a subwoofer and 2 component sets (one custom fitted in the rear deck), 2 amps, and a new head unit in my Sonata and inside i've got myself a pair of slim ELAC UB5's with a emotiva A150 to power em. (I use the headphone amps as a preamp)

But yeah... probably a noob compared to most folks here. Hope i can contribute at some point :)

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #11,709 of 15,451
Hello everyone, I have been following Headfi for many years, but today marks the first time that I make a post on the forum.

I have owned different headphones/earphones in the past: UE900, Westone w40, IE7, IE80, AKG K701, Beredynamic DT 880, Beredynamic Amiron, Sennheiser HD650 (still own), Audeze LCD-3 (still own), etc.

Ya, I am currently selling some of my gears (amps/DACs) to downsize my collection to just one DAC/Amp combo. Willing to learn from others on this forum!

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #11,713 of 15,451
Hello! After lurking for many years and making very good use of the great reviews and thoughts people have posted here, I thought I would finally join.

Currently have the FLC 8N (my main driver), IMR R1 Zenith, Etymotic HF5 and Fiio FH1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back