New Member Introductions thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #11,506 of 15,519
Hi. I joined about two months ago, but this is my first post. I started getting into hi-res music in the last year or so. My current favorite setup is a Fiio M11 Pro with an Xcan and HD650 headphones. I have a new Cayin N6ii and Focal Elegia waiting for me when I get home Friday night. Can't wait to give them a listen.

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #11,508 of 15,519
It's good to be a part of this forum after having spent months as a lurker gathering information.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute and help others soon, as others have already helped me. :)

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #11,509 of 15,519
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif

Starting down this deep dark rabbit whole. My dad was always interested in audio and I just happened to absorb the hobby from him. The addiction is in my blood. Glad to be here.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #11,510 of 15,519
Hello, new member of the forum, making first post.

At home I have a Naim Muso and Muso Qb, but only get to use them when the wife isn’t around, so tend to use headphones more.

I’ve viewed this forum for many weeks in helping me to decide which portable DAC to buy.

This resulted in me buying a Chord Mojo and Poly combination with a leather case last week.

The headphones I mostly use are B&W P9 Signature, having also bought the P5, P7, and C3 series 1 and 2 in the process...

After needing to manually update the firmware on the Poly for the first half day, it’s been a real pleasure to use ever since.

I’m still coming to terms with how to get the most out of the combo with an iPhone, running Tidal, as I seem to get a higher resolution (for the same track) played using the Mojo on its own than when streaming through the Poly... so I’d be keen to hear from others if this is a known limitation of either the DLNA app (mconnect) or the Poly...

Thanks for the addition to the group...

Mike

Jun 6, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #11,511 of 15,519
Hi everyone,

Im here to upgrade my knowledge on sound, sound signatures and sound tech in general.
Im a fan of In-ears, and i`ve decided to find the perfect ones for me on this forum.

looking forward to hanging out here.

Cheers!

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #11,513 of 15,519
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum officially, but have been following for a long while as a guest, as I am sure many others have before me. I am particularly interested in portable audio as I am a very active individual and need good audio on-the-go, so IEMs mainly to work with my LG V30. Been loving the recent chifi offerings, what I read about them and own (most recently got my hands on Tinhifi P1 - wow!) it's been really exciting what is going on over there.

Thanks for adding me as a member.

Tom

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #11,515 of 15,519
Hi all, Ben from England here 👍

Been listening to music on the go since I was a teenager - tape - CD - MP3 - Flac

Was using an iRiver HP120 - rockbox, new baterry and micro sd adapter (internal) with a pair of TRN V80's. Loved how it sounded but knew no better...... then 3months ago I picked up an ibasso dx120, soon after followed a balanced cable for the v80's. Then came a pair of ****** *** (I understand they're a banned a brand on here so can't mention them). The balanced output on my the 120 astounds me daily and I know it's got so much more to give. Currently have a used pair of BQEYZ Spring 1's on their way to me, and I can't wait 😀

Have lurked in the background reading and learning all the time and hope to carry on enjoying this hobby and draining every ounce out of my ibasso and see if it continues to make me smile and tap my feet.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #11,516 of 15,519
Hello,

I'm new to head-fi and come from Tellement Nomade (French hifi forum). In brief, my set-up

DAP: Fiio X3 II / Shoxy Alien gold / Fiio X1 I / Pioneer XDP-30R
Intra: TFZ Exclusive King / TRN V90 / TRN V80 / BGVP DS1 / RN-QT2 / RHA CL 750 / Kinera H3
Headphone: Hifiman Sundara / DT990 / Ollo AUDIO S4R
DAC + ampli: Schiit Mobi 2 / Schiit Vali 2 / Arcam rPac
Vintage Hifi: Akai AA 5200 + Akai AT 550 + 3A HP 55

A real pleasure to be on this forum :)

Jun 8, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #11,518 of 15,519
Hi there,
Have been reading along for quite a while now and finally decided to join. Based in Switzerland, my options for listening to gear is somewhat limited, so I always enjoyed reading and benefiting from opinions on this forum.
Mostly listening to music on my DAP (switched back from phone+Dragonfly) through IEM and headphones, but thinking about buying active loudspeakers in the near future.
Cheers,
Amos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back