New Member Introductions thread
May 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #11,491 of 15,488
Hi friend! You and I sound very similar--even in our decisions regarding gear. :)

I was looking at the Ztella and considering it as an addition to my Fiio M11 to unwrap MQA from Tidal played through my IMR R1 Zeniths.
Have you tried this, and, if so, how did it sound? Curious!

Welcome, and thanks for any tips.

-Chris

Hi Chri

I have the Ztella MQA and the sound is stellar, it consumes very few batterie and it is well constructed, I love it. The MQA worked flawlessly but now I have canceled my Tidal subscription because for me there is no difference (after A/B testing) in comparison with the same recording, no MQA version, it is only my impression. The truth is that I think that some recordings are better (the original file) in Tidal than in Spotify, but now I only have Spotify and some FLAC files. The great advantage is that you can use the USB DAC in your computer, your smartphone via UAPP...I totally recommend it.

Welcome and if you need anything else, contact me.

Greetings, David.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #11,492 of 15,488
Hello, I'm Michael K. (Kona 76), I have been reading and more reading on my existing components and where I want to be in the near future. This lead me to many questions that needed intelligent answers and that's why I'm here. I am certain I will find more than just answers to technical issues. I'm hoping for an education; and more reading.

May 31, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #11,493 of 15,488
Howdy!

I've generally spent my close listening time with loudspeakers, having found a great pair of B&W DM630i at a thrift store years ago. I've driven them with a few decent commodity 90s era amplifiers over the years and always been happy.

For headphones I have the NAD HP50 run through a DragonFly Black v1.5. This was great in an office environment, but now that I work from home exclusively I'm getting close to buying an open back headphone and a nicer DAC and amp. So far I've been looking at Sennheiser HD6x0s and Schiit, which seems like a very safe place to start. Curious what else folks like that might be similar value for performance.

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #11,499 of 15,488
Mostly new to this site. Recently bought Sonoma Model One's which are pretty cool, before that I was using Sennheiser 660S' with a Schiit stack. I've always liked high end audio, but don't really have much experience with some of the technical aspects of it (which generally interest me).

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #11,500 of 15,488
Hello everyone! I've read Head-Fi for a while and I've been active over in the Reddit headphone community, but I've never posted here until now, figured I should start sometime, so now is as good as ever.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #11,501 of 15,488
Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums for a while so I figured I would create an account of my own. Like everyone here, I'm a headphone and hi-fi lover. I got into the hobby some months ago, and now I'm committed to assembling a system that excels at both digital and vinyl music. I'm a software engineer, so my profession overlaps very little with audio and I do not claim to have any technical prowess on the field, so I'll do my best to keep an open mind. Anyways, thank you for reading my introduction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back