New Member Introductions thread
May 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #11,464 of 15,519
Hi, I'm new here but not in sound. Lots of good info on these threads so just joined to share my thoughts on Bone Conduction or BC which is my latest headache. BC should stand for "Beyond Challenges" since it's quite difficult to find a BC device w/ "acceptable" performance. Maybe I'm demanding too much from it, anyway glad to be here.

May 23, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #11,467 of 15,519
Hello, i've been a lurker for quite some time. a Knowledge Zenith fans during my college years as i have very limited budget. I've use ZS5, ZST, and ZSN.

But now, being a working adult, thankfully i can buy slightly more upscale items (as in less than $200 ;p).
Currently uses, TFZ King Pro+Dragonfly red for portable and ATH-M40x+Dragonfly red for laptop setting.
Right now i'm scouring the head-fi on whether i should buy BTR5 or BTR3K for my Dragonfly Red replacement as my smartphone no longer able to use Dragonfly.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #11,471 of 15,519
Thank you for having me. My name is Bill. I've been diying hifi for a while. Mostly tube stuff. The current events have me home and I finally bit down and started building a headphone rig. A speaker designer I trust said that beyerdynamic was a good start. I got t1 2nd editions with a Geshelli amp but quickly reached the limits of my ability to listen to solid state. For me I just get to a point where I don't want to listen anymore.
Amp #2 is the lafigaro 339. I had a lot of tubes kicking around I could already use. I use the Ef86 in triode for my pre and my input stage on my amplifier and that brought this amp into focus for me. For the first time I feel the tonal balance I am looking for. Using poweramp on a pixelbook through an old geek pulse se with LPS.
Anyway, I'm grateful to be happy for now.
Cheers, Bill

May 24, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #11,474 of 15,519
Hello All
Please Help! I have been at this for about a year....Now falling deep!
Current set up

Sabaj da2 DAC
SMSL sAp-1
Fiio Q1 mkii

Sennheiser HD660s
Sennheiser Momentum 3
Massdrop/Fostex T-X0

Fiio FA7
Fiio FA1
Fiio FH1
Fiio UTWS1(love them)

Stream Spotify and Qobuz.

Stream from a Samsung Note 8 or PC(usb)

Have a Fiio Q5s on order (coming Tuesday) and a Topping D50s/A50/P50 on the way. I am already looking at the Topping DX7pro or D90/A90 stack as an upgrade!

How do you stay sensible?

Tips for avoiding ruin gratefully received....

May 24, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #11,475 of 15,519
hi everyone! :)

Just a shout out to say hullo! =)

Noob here to the headphone scene as I've always been using my main HT system and subs. :) But due to having a young child at home & i can't blast, I am not able to use my main system. Hence I migrated to headphones to watch my movies late at night which brings me a BIG SMILE and keeps me sane!

Thank God for headphones and the great sound thru them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back