New Member Introductions thread
Apr 26, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #11,371 of 15,451
Hello all.

Recently decided to look into listening through headphones, to keep the whining to a minimum ...

You know, you can't disturb that Hallmark Channel movie that they have seen 150000 times... with Ted Nugent's "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" at appropriate voluime levels

Anyway...

Just ordered a Little Dot MK II, and the next part of my adventure will be looking for new headphones in my budget.

Loooking forward to checkIng the reviews and informatIon on this forum.

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #11,372 of 15,451
Greetings,

My name is Joe.

I'm an avid computer nerd and gamer.

I've been wanting to take my audio setup for games and music to the next level for a while. I keep seeing that this is a good place to find knowledgeable people and good impressions of gear.

I'm a big rock music fan from classic rock and metal to modern indie and alternative. I also enjoy some Synthwave and Outrun.

I've been looking into getting a pair of Drop Sennheiser 6XXs, but I know I would need a DAC and amp to power them and there's loads to choose from.

Apr 27, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #11,375 of 15,451
I decided to join the site after almost 20 years of reading reviews-- I would like to talk to others who like to collect special phones and or mod them as well. Help teach me what makes sound... well... sound juicy :wink:
Some random info about me: I got into the "audiophile" pursuit in 2011 when I was overseas. Lost my virginity to Audio-Technicas and I haven't really found anything that has peaked my interest since... though...Hi-Fi Man's older HE models I hear are the bees knees. Alright, Peace!
'

Apr 27, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #11,377 of 15,451
Hi, all. Like many others here, time with my headphones has been a vital mental health resource as we confront COVID in my section of the world. So grateful for all the advice and good cheer to be found on this site, and I am glad to begin finally begin posting myself. Bliss to you all.

Daniel

Apr 27, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #11,379 of 15,451
Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to be here! I'm a recently developing audiophile haha!.. My setup is a BT 1770 Pro and a iFi Micro BL - and when I first tried this setup is when I realized what I'd been missing all these years! Now I'm drooling over a Z1R

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #11,380 of 15,451
Hello everyone, being a long time reader of the threads, but first time posting anything. Found myself having more time at home lately. Had some full size headphone set-up, but now gradually moving into IEMs. My main rig is a mac mini > iUSB > Yggy A2>HE9.

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #11,381 of 15,451
Hola a todos from Chile, hope you're all healthy in the middle of this pandemic. My name is Ignacio, I'm sort of new to the Hi-Fi world, I've been reading about it for like 4 years when I started listening to Tidal and FLAC files and Head-Fi forums were a recurrent read, but I didn't buy hi-fi equipment until a couple of months ago, when I got my first IEMs: chi-fi KZ ZSN Pro. Right now I'm about to buy a FiiO BTR3 portable amplifier, and I hope to continue building up a proper setup with higher quality headphones and desktop amplifiers.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #11,384 of 15,451
Hello all. I've already introduced myself a while back but looking to dive back in and also trying to put up some gear on the for sale section. I'll make this short so I can get the few posts I need to get the privileges to post in the fs section. First of all anyone interested in a gungnir mb with the unison upgrade pm me. And if you need a great pair of cans to match it I have the ZMF Eikons in great condition with a few extra goodies/accessories. Anyone let me know I'll be sure to make it worth your while.

Secondly I am thinking of buying a used Schiit Yggy a2 but I am a bit skeptical buying used as it voids the warranty. Has anyone had issues with thier yggy crapping out after so much use or in time?

woops meant to make that a couple posts at least but help me get some posts with a little interaction pls.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #11,385 of 15,451
Hello members. I am brand new to all of this audio stuff. I was tired of earbuds and found some used 770s and that got the wheels rolling.

At the moment, I am mostly just trying to fill up the voids in knowledge and absorbing the vocabulary here. I like electronics and what is really interesting to me is the construction and implementation of the different components. I have found some good sources for information about building amps, but if anyone has any tried and true sources please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back