New Member Introductions thread
Jan 28, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #11,086 of 15,452
Hello to all headphones maniacs, long time passive reader of the forum.
as couldn't find right solution for my desktop audio, decided to develop stand on my own.
banner_15795688033.jpg

Looks quite nice. And welcome!

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #11,087 of 15,452
Hello, long time reader that just joined.
I am here to get tips and find out what is new in the audio world.
Right now, I'm most interested in IEM's and earphones, but of course, I also like other things related to audio equipment.

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #11,088 of 15,452
Hello everyone, I've been perusing this site for the past few months, as I am just getting into the audiophile world, and have begun the devastating process of spending way too much on incredible equipment. I have found some useful information concerning IEMs and DAPs, and I plan on using this site to help sell/trade/buy my own equipment too. Can't wait to delve in!

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #11,090 of 15,452
Hi, I just registered today and wanted to convey my thanks to this site - it has been very helpful with a lot of useful information, recommendations, and commentary.

I was recently at a Bic Camera in Tokyo and decided to take the plunge on the JVC HA-FW1500.

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #11,091 of 15,452
Hi, I just registered today and wanted to convey my thanks to this site - it has been very helpful with a lot of useful information, recommendations, and commentary.

I was recently at a Bic Camera in Tokyo and decided to take the plunge on the JVC HA-FW1500.
Welcome. Great store in Tokyo, I was there last year and visited not only Bic Camera, but also Yodobashi Camera and E-earphone. An overall awesome experience!

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #11,093 of 15,452

Welcome. Great store in Tokyo, I was there last year and visited not only Bic Camera, but also Yodobashi Camera and E-earphone. An overall awesome experience!

Thank you NovaFlyer. My previous in-ear headphone was the JVC HA-FX850, purchased after reading much of this thread several years ago:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review.708427/

I became a huge fan of JVC with these headphones.

After reading about the JVC HA-FW01, I tried them on and compared them to the newly released HA-FW1500:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fw01-the-new-top-end-wood-driver-iem-2017.831336/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/official-jvc-ha-fw1500.919845/

Clearly there hasn't been much feedback on the HA-FW1500 but there was a clear difference for me.

Jan 30, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #11,095 of 15,452
Hello everyone. I’ve researched on this forum for a while and finally decided to register. Great information here. The thread for the Chord Poly before the firmware updates saved me a lot of frustration. Thanks to everyone for the great information you share here.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #11,096 of 15,452
Hi all!
I’ve been reading this forum for quite a while now and it really helped me gain great insight into my growing love for all things audio. Thought I might as well register and finally start a real head-if career:).
Love this site and all its passionate members.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #11,097 of 15,452
Hi everyone. I have been reading the forum for a while now and decided to join in :) I am on a tight budget, in the lines of being married with children tight, so most of my interest is in "ChiFi" and modding, and specially in earbuds as I do most of my music listening on the go and don't really like IEM's, At the moment I am deciding on my first DAP, so I hope to get some help here as well.

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #11,098 of 15,452
Hello, everybody! I'm a long-time audiophile by now. I started out years ago, driving my MDR-1A's with my phone. Then I got a pair of RHA MA750's, and then I got my major upgrade into a schiit magni+modi stack and a pair of K701's. I thought I had reached my end game, until I heard a pair of LCD-2's--uh-oh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I got their little brother (or mimic, if you will)--the Monolith M1060's. I fried my magni when I was in China--turns out twice the voltage doesn't mean twice the power ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ). As a result I got a chi-fi tube amp--RFTLYS eA1A, which I love ever so dearly. I paired it up with some nice thrifted Realistic speakers. Some time after this I fixed up an old turntable from my music teacher's attick--missing stylus, shorted cables, disintegrated belt, scratched-up dust cover ... Fixed her up and I got my beautiful baby which is my current avatar. Again I naively thought that I'd reached my end game, and then I heard some stax headphones (ಥ﹏ಥ). I remember nearly shaking when I listened to Bohemian Rhapsody and lingering in the shop until they nearly closed. Some time after that I got my ESP/95x's, which are very comparable at a very small fraction of the cost, in my opinion.
I think I've truly reached my end game--any improvement I can have from my current setup would require an enormous amount of money that I'm not ready to invest yet. Now it's just buying records, but who knows where I'll get to next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back