New Member Introductions thread
Jan 24, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #11,059 of 15,511
Hi all,

Never been much of a headphone guy, but now living in a tiny apartment and of course its much too easy to bother the neighbors with the speakers, so headphones it is.

Been enjoying the equipment aquiring phase at the moment, thats for sure.

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #11,062 of 15,511
Hello fellow members of this Head-Fi forum. I’m a newbie audiophile that seriously cares about how his audio sounds, especially through headphones. In December 2018, I was sucked into the rabbit hole, and I haven’t looked back since. I’m loving this website already, and I can’t wait to meet fellow audio enthusiasts that are passionate about their audio, too.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #11,064 of 15,511
Hello,

My name is Peter and despite a fact that i have a big experience with a Naim and Linn systems, i'm newcomer in headphones world. Current system is Hifiman r2r2000 Black with Campfire Solaris and ifi iematch and now i'm bought Cavalli Liquid Gold and looking for Abyss AB-1266 TC for it.

Jan 25, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #11,066 of 15,511
Hi, I am new here. Want to learn more about IEM because I want to purchase a set this month.

CanJam NYC is next month, 15-16 Feb, at the Marriott Marquis Times Square. If you are able to attend (since your location is NYC) and delay your IEM purchase a few weeks, it's a great place to demo IEMs and learn.

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #11,068 of 15,511
CanJam NYC is next month, 15-16 Feb, at the Marriott Marquis Times Square. If you are able to attend (since your location is NYC) and delay your IEM purchase a few weeks, it's a great place to demo IEMs and learn.

Oh, I just placed an order for 64 Audio Tia Fourte, I hope that I got the right IEM. I mostly listen to Pop and Japan Female Vocals. Sometimes classical.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #11,069 of 15,511
Hey y'all! I'm new but I've been lurking for awhile now. Just recently joined and have engaged in some trading but wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I've been a music producer slash remixer since about 2004 (ish) and have also been doing the DJ thing since about 1996. I was classically trained via high school bands and private lessons and then onto college as a music education / performance major.

I've just recently come over to the audiophile side and really enjoy just sitting in my favorite chair and experiencing the music with great gear, allowing me to hear things in songs I've not previously heard. It's super addicting and I'm loving this hobby so far! It's very interesting to me since I already analyze and break apart the mixes of everything I hear anyways. It's true what they say, the songs sound brand new when you listen with the correct gear that brings out all the separation in the mixes and you hear things you've never heard before.

What sucks though, I'm starting to experience the side effects of playing loud venues without hearing protection for many years. I've got a nice little 6k notch in my left ear and it bugs the christ out of me so I've geared my purchases toward multi-BA IEM sets that help fill that void better than most other things I've listened to. Take care of your ears folks! You'll definitely regret it down the road if you don't, trust me. =)

So, that's me. I still get in the studio as often as I can before I lose my hearing altogether which is inevitable at this point but trying to get as much mileage out of my ears as i can.

Some of you I've met already and I've already learned quite a lot since my short time being a member here.

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #11,070 of 15,511
Hi all - New poster but long-time lurker. Been in the audiophile scene off and on for a few years now, so still learning.

Currently building up my headphone setup. I just got the Ether 2’s (I’m a sucker for a well-designed product) and I’m in the process of acquiring a DAC / amp. Trying to decide between a Chord Hugo 2 or just upgrading to the Chord Hugo TT 2. Would need to find a used one though to afford it.

Anyway, when my setup is complete I’ll be sure to post some pics as well as my impressions. Looking forward to being more involved in the community!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back