New Member Introductions thread
Oct 29, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #10,756 of 15,484
thanks, i will go and get 1000xm3, it just 5 mins far away from house,
thanks alot for giving costly time to me, yes im getting great offer from shop keeper, about almost 300$,
i also tried m50x several adapters include Fiio, the most of the time it get loose from headphone jack area, whenever i move myself slightly heavily, connection from jacks got disturbed, tried few replacements but still had same issue,
one thing im worrying about, launching new model every year, it doesn't feel premium,
i mean my question to you as well, that what if i purchase xm3, when the next model come, will my new pair become garbage?
they are too costly as you know, is Xm2 is bad than xm3?
im a long term user, when people say my m50x still great i feel good, i feel that my money got right path,
but what if i purchased xm3, after week xm4 then people will say new one lot better,
you know what i mean, is xm3 long term user as audiophile or quality music listener?
will the xm3 be the premium output device till alteast 4 5 years?
I totally get that, you simply can't help but seeing the technology going on and on, and in a certain way, that's sad.

Because you buy something and then the next day it's replaced by something better, could it be cheaper and better or simply more expensive and better. I think that Sony can kill the competition with the Xm4's, but they shouldn't be much better than the Xm3's.
Btw the Xm2's aren't that big of a downgrade as one would think, the Xm3's are better, but not miles away.

If you'll wait for the Xm4's then expect to spend an extimated price of 400$ or over 350$. The real question is: will those 100 or 150 bucks more justify the improvements (considering that there will be some major ones)?

The Xm4 could be an amazing thing, even much better sounding than the Xm3's, but those are just hypothesis. I think that on it's own the Xm3's are a damn good headphone on it's own, so take your pick.

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #10,757 of 15,484
I totally get that, you simply can't help but seeing the technology going on and on, and in a certain way, that's sad.

Because you buy something and then the next day it's replaced by something better, could it be cheaper and better or simply more expensive and better. I think that Sony can kill the competition with the Xm4's, but they shouldn't be much better than the Xm3's.
Btw the Xm2's aren't that big of a downgrade as one would think, the Xm3's are better, but not miles away.

If you'll wait for the Xm4's then expect to spend an extimated price of 400$ or over 350$. The real question is: will those 100 or 150 bucks more justify the improvements (considering that there will be some major ones)?

The Xm4 could be an amazing thing, even much better sounding than the Xm3's, but those are just hypothesis. I think that on it's own the Xm3's are a damn good headphone on it's own, so take your pick.
Thanks again, XM3 coming in 15 minutes.. will catch you soon.
btw do you know best settings on phone, android developer settings for bluetooth?
Update. So finally ive got Sony xm3, Sound is noticeably Cleaner than M50x, also echo feels more wide,i was having test with "firestorm fest contrad sewell" music is very good for testing clarity, and there i saw different, echo and treble was more clear and better in sony one"

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #10,758 of 15,484
Thanks again, XM3 coming in 15 minutes.. will catch you soon.
btw do you know best settings on phone, android developer settings for bluetooth?
Update. So finally ive got Sony xm3, Sound is noticeably Cleaner than M50x, also echo feels more wide,i was having test with "firestorm fest contrad sewell" music is very good for testing clarity, and there i saw different, echo and treble was more clear and better in sony one"
Glad to hear that you have them!
If you are and android user and have the 8.0 version or higher, the phone will automatically choose the highest quality codec (LDAC) that the Bluetooth device can support. Otherwise, if you have a version lower than the 9.0 you can go to the developer options, go to "Bluetooth", and set what standard you like the best, however I always recommend LDAC, it has the highest data transfer (900kbps~) and so it's the better sounding of the bunch of codes.

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #10,760 of 15,484
Fo sho!
So the Takstar HF 580 retail price is around 180 bucks if I'm not mistaken, while the Hd6xx retails for 220 on Drop. Very much straightforward, the build on the takstars is pretty much "meh", they weigh a ton and despite the pads are made of good material they are shallow and the headband is just mediocre as far as comfort goes. The cups are plastic but the yokes are all metal. The cable is attached and honestly it's not that great. :disappointed_relieved:

The 6XX are known for having a tight clamp at first (it's going to loosen up after some weeks of use) but the pads are great, the headband almost doesn't put anything on your head, they are lightweight and while being almost entirely made of plastic (aside from the grills that cover the driver and the cups holders which you can adjust) they are much more comfortable and better built, not as sturdy tho. These have detachable cables, with the classic sennheiser proprietary connectors, the stock cable is pretty thin.

That magni 3 of yours puts out 3w per channel so driving both of these is not going to be a problem. Tho the 6XXs should scale with better equipment better than the HF580s.

SOUND:
The HF580 are well known for having the same driver as the Sendy Aivas (which competes with some 1k offerings out there for 600$) tho is not nearly as well implemented as those. The bass on these is pretty tight, decent for a planar, the 6XX's may not have the same amount but they are more precise and tight. The mids goes easily to the 6XX's (you know the mids on these... Lush, smooth, clear. The vocals are on another level), the HF580s still manage to keep things smooth there but it's kinda hollow sounding. The highs on the HF580s are a little more rolled off but that doesn't necessarily mean they are smoother. They are more detailed than the 6XX's but not as coherent. The 6XX's highs are damn good but more a touch more relaxed and less analytical than the 600s.

Detail retrieval to the Takstars, they resolve really nicely.

Texturization goes to the 6XX's

Coherence and frequency response goes to the 6XX's

Imaging goes to 6XX's

Soundstage goes (by a decent margin) to the HF580

OVERALL:
The 6XX's are a much better start than the HF580's (in the sense that they pack a bigger punch for the price than the HF580's) being better in almost any aspect. The Takstars tho could be modded to sound similarly to the Sendy Aiva, that driver is being really holded back in the HF580's, so they have great potential.

Hope that could help!
so in short HD 6xx is just a better start for me ? HD 6xx is better on midrange and vocal right just in the bass department that doesnt have impact compared to HF 580 ?
yeah i readed that hf 580 had hollow sounding, what it really means by hollow sounding but had wider soundstage ?
These 2 headphones are total opposites am i right ?
HF 580 is warm and HD 6xx is bright ?

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #10,761 of 15,484
so in short HD 6xx is just a better start for me ? HD 6xx is better on midrange and vocal right just in the bass department that doesnt have impact compared to HF 580 ?
yeah i readed that hf 580 had hollow sounding, what it really means by hollow sounding but had wider soundstage ?
These 2 headphones are total opposites am i right ?
HF 580 is warm and HD 6xx is bright ?
They're not the total opposites, since the 6XX can be classified as neutral with some warmth to the sound. The bass on the HF580s is more but it isn't as tight and hits less. By hollow sound I mean that there's a pretty big dip in the frequency response that make some parts of the music sound "muted", yeah the 6XX's are a better headphone out of the box.

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #10,763 of 15,484
I love coming here to read the introductory posts! Welcome to all the new people!
You can learn a lot, and have a ton of fun. There are many forums and threads for specific help, questions and answers. Don't be too shy @Speed King!

I've been a member for awhile, but I continue to be amazed by how global the Head-Fi community really is.

And, to learn new things ...
Just reading back six pages, I learnt where Zahony is located (it's in Hungary y'all), and that there's a new Dragonfly "Cobalt" on the market. Cool stuff.

Happy Listening :)
RCB

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #10,764 of 15,484
I love coming here to read the introductory posts! Welcome to all the new people!
You can learn a lot, and have a ton of fun. There are many forums and threads for specific help, questions and answers. Don't be too shy @Speed King!

I've been a member for awhile, but I continue to be amazed by how global the Head-Fi community really is.

And, to learn new things ...
Just reading back six pages, I learnt where Zahony is located (it's in Hungary y'all), and that there's a new Dragonfly "Cobalt" on the market. Cool stuff.

Happy Listening :)
RCB
Hi! I joined here a day ago and I'm happy to help people with anything I know.

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #10,765 of 15,484
Hi all, I’m more of a music person that a hifi person. I know very little about hifi but tend to buy on impulse or generally reviews

I have been mainly listening via iPhone and BT head phones of no value.
For listening without cans I use Cyrus 7 CD and Int Amp which is great for room listening

I am just trying to get some entry level headphone kit, I have had only Grado SR60 for a long while and have just picked up a pair of HifiMan HE-4XX and a second hand Valhalla amp

I ask have a project Streambox S2 and raspberry pi with Allo Boss dac

thank for the membership here have been a lurker for a while

Si

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #10,766 of 15,484
Hi all, I’m more of a music person that a hifi person. I know very little about hifi but tend to buy on impulse or generally reviews

I have been mainly listening via iPhone and BT head phones of no value.
For listening without cans I use Cyrus 7 CD and Int Amp which is great for room listening

I am just trying to get some entry level headphone kit, I have had only Grado SR60 for a long while and have just picked up a pair of HifiMan HE-4XX and a second hand Valhalla amp

I ask have a project Streambox S2 and raspberry pi with Allo Boss dac

thank for the membership here have been a lurker for a while

Si
Exactly, what do you want to know?

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #10,769 of 15,484
Just wanted to say hi, I've been a reader of the forums for quite a while and have decided to jump into the fray. I am interested in IEMs and supporting gear. I got my first IEM/earbud about 10 months ago and quickly went from 0 to 100 and have purchased a ridiculous number of buds since then (IEM/Earbud/Earphone etc, still learning terminology, especially descriptions of audio characteristics).
Thanks to everyone who shares information and their experience/feedback. I don't have a way to demo gear before buying it so info here is one of my better tools to help with choices. We are in an interesting time with the fast pace of advancement in technology, variety, quality, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back