New Member Introductions thread
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #10,749 of 15,495
Hey guys, its me the same kind of functioning human, using m50x from 4 years, wanted to enter wireless world.
Well the radsone es100 is an obvious recommendation, just stream Bluetooth to it from your phone, you have a 2.5mm balanced out (quite damn powerful for the dimensions), a single ended 3.5mm out, 14h of battery life, a built in microphone wich also has ambient sound and an amazing app that goes from EQ to crossfeed, voltage, battery safe mode, and MANY other things. It supports almost any Bluetooth codec (LDAC included) Clip it on your shirt, (or even your M50x's with a short cable, if you want to) or put it inside your pocket and you're ready to go. The only complaints is that the body is entirely made of plastic and the buttons are tiny tiny, otherwise the SQ is a bargain for 100 bucks...

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #10,750 of 15,495
Hello im Ricky from Indonesia
Been into audio world when i upgraded my car audio system with proper entry level sounds gear and since that my audio and ear tastes been hungrier for more satisfying sound. Have been looking around and right now cant decide which one to buy between Takstar HF 580 or Sennheiser HD 6XX which im gonna power with Schiit Magni 3 :D. Give me some advice master

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #10,752 of 15,495
Hello im Ricky from Indonesia
Been into audio world when i upgraded my car audio system with proper entry level sounds gear and since that my audio and ear tastes been hungrier for more satisfying sound. Have been looking around and right now cant decide which one to buy between Takstar HF 580 or Sennheiser HD 6XX which im gonna power with Schiit Magni 3 :D. Give me some advice master
Fo sho!
So the Takstar HF 580 retail price is around 180 bucks if I'm not mistaken, while the Hd6xx retails for 220 on Drop. Very much straightforward, the build on the takstars is pretty much "meh", they weigh a ton and despite the pads are made of good material they are shallow and the headband is just mediocre as far as comfort goes. The cups are plastic but the yokes are all metal. The cable is attached and honestly it's not that great. :disappointed_relieved:

The 6XX are known for having a tight clamp at first (it's going to loosen up after some weeks of use) but the pads are great, the headband almost doesn't put anything on your head, they are lightweight and while being almost entirely made of plastic (aside from the grills that cover the driver and the cups holders which you can adjust) they are much more comfortable and better built, not as sturdy tho. These have detachable cables, with the classic sennheiser proprietary connectors, the stock cable is pretty thin.

That magni 3 of yours puts out 3w per channel so driving both of these is not going to be a problem. Tho the 6XXs should scale with better equipment better than the HF580s.

SOUND:
The HF580 are well known for having the same driver as the Sendy Aivas (which competes with some 1k offerings out there for 600$) tho is not nearly as well implemented as those. The bass on these is pretty tight, decent for a planar, the 6XX's may not have the same amount but they are more precise and tight. The mids goes easily to the 6XX's (you know the mids on these... Lush, smooth, clear. The vocals are on another level), the HF580s still manage to keep things smooth there but it's kinda hollow sounding. The highs on the HF580s are a little more rolled off but that doesn't necessarily mean they are smoother. They are more detailed than the 6XX's but not as coherent. The 6XX's highs are damn good but more a touch more relaxed and less analytical than the 600s.

Detail retrieval to the Takstars, they resolve really nicely.

Texturization goes to the 6XX's

Coherence and frequency response goes to the 6XX's

Imaging goes to 6XX's

Soundstage goes (by a decent margin) to the HF580

OVERALL:
The 6XX's are a much better start than the HF580's (in the sense that they pack a bigger punch for the price than the HF580's) being better in almost any aspect. The Takstars tho could be modded to sound similarly to the Sendy Aiva, that driver is being really holded back in the HF580's, so they have great potential.

Hope that could help!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #10,753 of 15,495
Well the radsone es100 is an obvious recommendation, just stream Bluetooth to it from your phone, you have a 2.5mm balanced out (quite damn powerful for the dimensions), a single ended 3.5mm out, 14h of battery life, a built in microphone wich also has ambient sound and an amazing app that goes from EQ to crossfeed, voltage, battery safe mode, and MANY other things. It supports almost any Bluetooth codec (LDAC included) Clip it on your shirt, (or even your M50x's with a short cable, if you want to) or put it inside your pocket and you're ready to go. The only complaints is that the body is entirely made of plastic and the buttons are tiny tiny, otherwise the SQ is a bargain for 100 bucks...
thank you for your costly time,
i will look into your option,
right now i was thinking about buying M50xBT or Sony WH--1000XM3
which one should i choose? main motive listening high quality sound and mostly for Phone listener too.

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #10,754 of 15,495
thank you for your costly time,
i will look into your option,
right now i was thinking about buying M50xBT or Sony WH--1000XM3
which one should i choose? main motive listening high quality sound and mostly for Phone listener too.
You could make your M50x's Bluetooth with an adapter (there are some companies that makes them but I recommend FiiO the most, spending ~50 bucks. Let's get this out of the way, the M50xBT sucks in comparison to the 1000XM3's. If you love the M50x's sound I recommend you buy the adapter, but personally I would easily pick the Sony's, much more comfortable, better built, better sound (for my preferences), a TON of functions, it is just much more modern and supports almost all the Bluetooth codes, the Bluetooth range is MUCH better than the audio technicas. You can tune them to how you want them to sound through the app (through a certain extent obviously). The Sony's have touch controls, ANC (one of the best out there) with various modes and levels of attenuation. The M50xBT however have more battery, 40 hours vs the 25 - 30 hours of the Sonys listed respectively on each site. The M50xBT has APTX as the highest standard codec and Bluetooth 4.0 while the 1000xm3's have LDAC has the highest standard codec and Bluetooth 5.0.

So, personally I would pick up the 1000XM3's without thinking twice, they offer you a much greater amount of stuff for the money in comparison to the M50xBT's. You can find them used for 250$ if you're lucky, if you buy them new, no problem! They're totally worthy the 100 bucks over the Audio Technicas.

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #10,755 of 15,495
You could make your M50x's Bluetooth with an adapter (there are some companies that makes them but I recommend FiiO the most, spending ~50 bucks. Let's get this out of the way, the M50xBT sucks in comparison to the 1000XM3's. If you love the M50x's sound I recommend you buy the adapter, but personally I would easily pick the Sony's, much more comfortable, better built, better sound (for my preferences), a TON of functions, it is just much more modern and supports almost all the Bluetooth codes, the Bluetooth range is MUCH better than the audio technicas. You can tune them to how you want them to sound through the app (through a certain extent obviously). The Sony's have touch controls, ANC (one of the best out there) with various modes and levels of attenuation. The M50xBT however have more battery, 40 hours vs the 25 - 30 hours of the Sonys listed respectively on each site. The M50xBT has APTX as the highest standard codec and Bluetooth 4.0 while the 1000xm3's have LDAC has the highest standard codec and Bluetooth 5.0.

So, personally I would pick up the 1000XM3's without thinking twice, they offer you a much greater amount of stuff for the money in comparison to the M50xBT's. You can find them used for 250$ if you're lucky, if you buy them new, no problem! They're totally worthy the 100 bucks over the Audio Technicas.
thanks, i will go and get 1000xm3, it just 5 mins far away from house,
thanks alot for giving costly time to me, yes im getting great offer from shop keeper, about almost 300$,
i also tried m50x several adapters include Fiio, the most of the time it get loose from headphone jack area, whenever i move myself slightly heavily, connection from jacks got disturbed, tried few replacements but still had same issue,
one thing im worrying about, launching new model every year, it doesn't feel premium,
i mean my question to you as well, that what if i purchase xm3, when the next model come, will my new pair become garbage?
they are too costly as you know, is Xm2 is bad than xm3?
im a long term user, when people say my m50x still great i feel good, i feel that my money got right path,
but what if i purchased xm3, after week xm4 then people will say new one lot better,
you know what i mean, is xm3 long term user as audiophile or quality music listener?
will the xm3 be the premium output device till alteast 4 5 years?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back