New Member Introductions thread
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #10,668 of 15,519
Hi everyone, been lurking for awhile like many newbs and finally joining the group. Look forward to the dialogue

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #10,669 of 15,519
Hello.

I think I found this site about 15 years ago, lurked a while and joined briefly. I bought my first pair of “audiophile” headphones back then after hours of exhausting research (senn hd-25-1)

I’m back because I bought my first TT and need help getting it tricked out.

See y’all around

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #10,670 of 15,519
Hello everybody!
This is my first time posting but I have been a member for a few years and I've always been interested in high-end audio since I was10 years old when I got my first Scott receiver. There's always something new to discover especially new gear!
FIIO M11Pro, Sony WM1A, FIIO X5III, Pioneer XDP100-r, Sony NWA35, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0.

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #10,672 of 15,519
Hey Guys, I think I have already introduced myself before but if not here we go. I'm somewhat a new audiophile and have already spent some money buying some toys, like Cavalli Tube Hybrid from MD, Audeze's LCD-3, HD-350 from MD also, and a bunch of in ears. Looking to try some more headphones in the future. Also want to get into ciem.

cheers

-Diego

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #10,673 of 15,519
Hi guys!

I have been a reader for some time and finally here!
Gear I used:
Sennheiser HD800(sold), HD600(sold), Amperior(current) , PX100(broken)
Beyerdynamic T1 2nd(sold), T90(sold), DT1350(sold), Custom Street (sold)
Grado SR80e(sold)
Thinksound On2(sold)
Lime Ears Aether R (stuck at Polish Customs...)

Amp/Dac I've used:
Teac P50
Fostex HP-A7
Gustard H20
Audiolab M-DAC+
Chord Hugo (now)

now currently interested in planars and iems

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #10,674 of 15,519
Hi guys!

I have been a reader for some time and finally here!
Gear I used:
Sennheiser HD800(sold), HD600(sold), Amperior(current) , PX100(broken)
Beyerdynamic T1 2nd(sold), T90(sold), DT1350(sold), Custom Street (sold)
Grado SR80e(sold)
Thinksound On2(sold)
Lime Ears Aether R (stuck at Polish Customs...)

Amp/Dac I've used:
Teac P50
Fostex HP-A7
Gustard H20
Chord Hugo (now)

now currently interested in planars and iems

Welcome my fellow Vancouver denizen! Planar gang for life!

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #10,676 of 15,519
Hi to everyone here! i'Am strictly "portable" man:dt880smile:: first walkman in 1996, discman - 1997, minidisc - 1999, after that only mp3 players. Don't need sophisticated mp3 units - at the end of the day, i Don't have absolute hearing or synesthesian mind. Love to listen, run and move to the old-skool jungle, drum & bass and future house. Greetings form Poland!!!

Oct 8, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #10,677 of 15,519
Hello! I decided it was time to actually take part after lurking for such a long time. I'm 32, from Finland, and I've been into headphones specifically since my teens. I'm currently in the middle of uni studies, which limits this hobby quite a bit, but I can still afford new things once a year if I work hard enough. I've owned dozens and dozens of pairs of headphones, so I'm definitely deeply addicted! Lately I've learned to be more happy with what I've got, and just enjoy the music more, which is awesome.

I'm absolutely not a golden ear or anything like that. I was a drummer until my late teens, but that was really just a hobby. I had to quit due to injuries acquired from a youth hockey career & military service, unfortunately. Nowadays I simply just enjoy listening to a whole lot music, which is how I justify paying so much for headphones, amps and DACs. Others like to travel with their savings - I spend those savings on new headphones and enjoy finding completely new dimensions of music. That's what keeps my stress at bay and brings me joy. (Luckily my partner is similar to me - it's bad enough trying to explain to her why I needed ANOTHER pair of headphones or amp as it is! :beyersmile:)

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #10,678 of 15,519
Hello! I decided it was time to actually take part after lurking for such a long time. I'm 32, from Finland, and I've been into headphones specifically since my teens. I'm currently in the middle of uni studies, which limits this hobby quite a bit, but I can still afford new things once a year if I work hard enough. I've owned dozens and dozens of pairs of headphones, so I'm definitely deeply addicted! Lately I've learned to be more happy with what I've got, and just enjoy the music more, which is awesome.

I'm absolutely not a golden ear or anything like that. I was a drummer until my late teens, but that was really just a hobby. I had to quit due to injuries acquired from a youth hockey career & military service, unfortunately. Nowadays I simply just enjoy listening to a whole lot music, which is how I justify paying so much for headphones, amps and DACs. Others like to travel with their savings - I spend those savings on new headphones and enjoy finding completely new dimensions of music. That's what keeps my stress at bay and brings me joy. (Luckily my partner is similar to me - it's bad enough trying to explain to her why I needed ANOTHER pair of headphones or amp as it is! :beyersmile:)
Welcome aboard!

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #10,679 of 15,519
Hello,
I´m a long time reader of this forum.
I decided to buy some head maniac phones!
So i decided to enter in this expensive... and angry world.
I´m from Portugal.
Just bought - Fidelio X2rh and a BeyerDynamic Custom Studio.
Also a Sb G6 and The New SB X3.
Arrived yesterday!
Let´s see if i made the correct choices.
Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back