New Member Introductions thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #9,376 of 15,519
I have my MAC 1700 warming up, the PE 2040 is spinning, the LPs are a little dusty but no problem. I need a good pair of cans. My quest is about value, if a pair of cans can get me to 80 to 90% of bliss I'm satisfied. Hello to all audio addicts.

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #9,377 of 15,519
Hi everyone!

Wessel here from the Netherlands.
I have always been into music, both listening and creating. I've only recently started creating some budgets for myself to improve my setup. First and foremost it's my setup at work. I listen to music at work pretty much all day. Currently rocking Beyer Dt770pro's hooked to a Dragonfly Red at the moment to get some more out of what comes out of my phone/laptop. At home I have some old gear but recently upgraded our turntable to the latest generation Rega P1 with fono mini. Still working on budget (which I guess is a thing for most of us starting to get hooked to hardware) but looking to upgrade my heaphones first. I will be lurking the trade forum and asking questions here and there. Thanks for all the tips and opinionated reviews I read on here so far, and thanks in advance for everything yet to come. Rock on! :)

Jan 24, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #9,378 of 15,519
Hello Fellow enthusiasts!

Martin here from southern califonia. Long time Lurker first time poster.
figured it was about time I registered after all the reading and information I have accumulated from this site and all it's fantastic members.
Currently own Vmoda m80 vocal for the bus and streets, HiFiMan He350 (heavily modded), HiFiMan He4xx (heavily modded and also my first planars), Dragonfly Black, Topping Dx3 Pro (amazing dac and amp for the value!) and started making my own OFC/Litz custum cables. It started out as a mild hobby but is growing into a larger hobby/obession!
Hope i contribute and help pay it forward with information like it has helped me along my journey.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #9,387 of 15,519
Hello everyone,

I'm into the hobby and a headphone lurker for almost two years, but now it's time for me to gain and share experiences with the community to help and expanding my gear.

I use my pair of Sennheiser HD 598 connected to my Sound BlasterX AE-5 (temporary card, getting an external DAC soon) for home listening, and my Sony XBA-N3AP connected to my Sony NW-ZX2 when I'm on the go. I'm aware they aren't "whoa" products, but they serve me very well for now.

Greetings,
Wazari

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #9,388 of 15,519
Hello everyone,

I’ve been doing a lot of reading across the forums for a number of years but finally decided to create an account and become “visible” :)

So, something about me:
I obviously like listening to music (electronic stuff but also classic) but also enjoy researching (or just virtual window shopping) on audio gear and every once in a while taking the splunge and getting something new.

This journey took me from an iPod (2nd gen) to an AK100 to various iOS devices paired with Oppo HA-2/PM-3 Combo and most recently to an XDP-300R. Over (or in my ears) I enjoy the HD558, IE80, Oppo PM-3 and Shure535, some in balanced cable configuration. On planes or noisy office environments a Sony WH-1000xm2 gets the job done.

So, glad to be here and looking forward to be part of the community as I immensely appreciate the spectrum of expertise, thoughts and oppinions people share here.

Happy listening!
VicToronto

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #9,389 of 15,519
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and new to Audio as well. I've been fairly happy paying big bucks for any high end audio without thinking about what I wanted until a friend of mine introduced me to some IEMs. I guess now I'm a seeker.

I've been reading your contributions. Looking forward to all your new contributions and possibly 2 cents of my experience with audio.

Rodnix

Jan 27, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #9,390 of 15,519
Hi everybody, my name is Alberto and I'm from Italy.

I have been reading this forum for a while and now decided to actively join in.

I love electronics and good audio and I am especially into headphones.

I currently do not have the means to spend thousands and thousands on the hobby, but I am always on the lookout for products with a nice price/performance ratio.

best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back