New Member Introductions thread
Mar 7, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #5,191 of 15,519

Well it has become such a trope that I actually know people who survive on instant noodles, while even back in college I've been dunking corn or kimchi along with pork rinds or jerky in the bowls. I think it all started from that interview with the street racer whose car was used on the first F&F flick (can't remember if it was the Supra or the Eclipse) - he said on the interview that he literally ate instant noodle dinners for two years saving up for a turbo.

Everyone has their priorities I guess. However, if your body's so out of shape from neglect, what was the point in the first place?

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #5,192 of 15,519
Hello boys and girls,

I have visited these forums for years and years. I have lurked in the shadows and absorbed as much information on equipment as possible. Some of the information has helped me to purchase my current setup. Some of the info was bad and I wasted money on some things. Overall, I would say that it has been an enjoyable experience in the lurker shadows. Now I would like to comment on these forums and become a functioning member of society. I shall throw away my lurker robes and I even plan on attending RMAF in October. I can't believe that I used to live in Colorado Springs and I never paid attention to what was going on up there in Denver. Shame on me! I now live in Louisiana where most of the people here have no idea what a can jam is. It is tough to find people around here that share my same love for high end headphones, but I shall endure! So with that I say HELLO PEOPLE! Can't wait to get into some conversations with you all.

ceppeh

Oh, I guess I should add in here what gear I am using....

Schiit Gumby
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Burson Soloist sL
Little Dot MKII
Schiit Magni Uber
Schiit Modi Uber
Stax L300
Audeze LCD-X
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
Fostex T50RP MkIII
AKG K7XX
Phillips SHP9500

I listen to only FLAC files if I can. I do not have a DAP yet. I mostly listen on my computer through Foobar. If not I am listening to TIDAL HIFI or Spotify.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #5,193 of 15,519
  Oh, I guess I should add in here what gear I am using....

Schiit Gumby
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Burson Soloist sL
Schiit Magni Uber
Schiit Modi Uber
Stax L300
Audeze LCD-X
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
Fostex T50RP MkIII

I listen to only FLAC files if I can. I do not have a DAP yet. I mostly listen on my computer through Foobar. If not I am listening to TIDAL HIFI or Spotify.

Welcome! How are you liking your T50RP MkIII's so far?

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #5,194 of 15,519
I really did not like them when I first got them. They require a whole heap of amplification to really shine. Once I figured this out I started to warm up to them. My next project is to maybe do one of the mods on them to really see how I can change the sound. I wouldn't mind more bass so I was thinking of converting them to closed.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #5,195 of 15,519
  I really did not like them when I first got them. They require a whole heap of amplification to really shine. Once I figured this out I started to warm up to them. My next project is to maybe do one of the mods on them to really see how I can change the sound. I wouldn't mind more bass so I was thinking of converting them to closed.

I don't think simply converting them to closed will give them more bass. I think there is more research to be done. I know a lot of the mods though stuff clay or cotton into the driver though. I have the Talos modded Mk III's, and am still making my mind up about them. What amp do you like driving them with/ drive them the most with?

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #5,196 of 15,519
  Everyone has their priorities I guess. However, if your body's so out of shape from neglect, what was the point in the first place?

Exactly why I watch what I eat - I lost 55lbs just eating kimchi with every meal, and practically substituting kimchi for some of the carb food intake (ie half the rice intake as before, but I still eat fried rice, except half the rice is now kimchi).

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #5,197 of 15,519
Greetings!  After a good amount of time spent reading through various threads on this forum, I signed up.

I have some background as a guitarist and have enjoyed music since I was a kid.  I've been researching Bluetooth earbuds for work and working out, given that the next iPhone that I get will do away with the headphone jack.  Thanks to Head-Fi and some other resources, I've learned about Advanced Sound and ordered their Evo X.  I'm planning to order their Model 3 and Accessport when they are back in stock.

However, through all of that, I've been quite intrigued by the thought of getting a good quality set of headphones.  So I'll post about that in another thread.

Best regards to all around here.

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #5,201 of 15,519
@Tomsonn and @Ozzy1925

Welcome! I'm new too. Good luck.

We are so sorry about your wallet. ---)

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #5,203 of 15,519
Hello everyone,
my name is Claudio and I write from Italy. I am a music lover in all its forms and I am very pleased to become part of the great Head-fi's family. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #5,204 of 15,519
enjoy listening to music of all genres (especially rock and classical). Prefer iem over headphones since iem is more portable. Currently using noble 6 and ak300, and looking for upgrade to my listening experience more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back