New Member Introductions thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #5,073 of 15,452
Hi everyone! Came here to look for iems to use on long flights - something comfy, blocks the plane noise and if I listen to music loud it won't leak out...also needs to be sturdy. Any recs would be great, cheap as possible max budget about $200...

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #5,074 of 15,452
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to the audio world. At first I was just looking for better headphones for gaming, but as I did more research I realized there's this entire world to explore and I steadily fell in love. I'd heard about Head-Fi before but it seemed overwhelming and I was a little too intimidated to join. I'm gonna give it a try now though! I'm not very technical but I do want to learn more, engage with the community, and even make some friends.

...There's a slight​ chance we won't all just enable each other and recklessly spend all our money, right?

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #5,075 of 15,452
Hello everyone, I'm Robert.  I'm just getting started into headphones and separate DACs and amps.   It's a lot of fun.  Been lurking in the forums for a few months.  Currently I'm using:

Hifiman HE-400i
Fostex TH-X00 Ebony
Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Asgard 2, Wyrd, Modi 2 Uber, Magni 2 Uber
Shanling M1
Windows 10 PC and Foobar2000

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #5,076 of 15,452
Been lurking for some time and I guess it's time to say hello everyone.

I'm a earbud guy and the Earbuds Round-Up thread has been inspiring for both my ears and to a number of different AliExpress stores :)

12 earbuds (a couple more in the mail) and counting.

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #5,077 of 15,452
Hi everyone, I'm Andre.

Been lurking around here for a long time - there is a ton of valuable info on the site.

Anyway, have been slowly working my way up in the headphone world.  First cans of any quality were the Sennheiser HD650.  These are awesome for rock music.  Not the most detailed, but just fun!

You know how this goes.  Ended up getting a Naim DAC-V1 (DAC and headphone amp) and Audeze LCD-X.  Even more fun!

Long story short, the current system is Yggy => Moon 430HA => Utopia.

Am now considering trading the Yggy and 430HA if I can scrounge the funds.  It never ends!

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #5,078 of 15,452
  Hi everyone, I'm Andre.

Been lurking around here for a long time - there is a ton of valuable info on the site.

Anyway, have been slowly working my way up in the headphone world.  First cans of any quality were the Sennheiser HD650.  These are awesome for rock music.  Not the most detailed, but just fun!

You know how this goes.  Ended up getting a Naim DAC-V1 (DAC and headphone amp) and Audeze LCD-X.  Even more fun!

Long story short, the current system is Yggy => Moon 430HA => Utopia.

Am now considering trading the Yggy and 430HA if I can scrounge the funds.  It never ends!

Welcome, Andre! We are so sorry about your wallet.   ---)

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #5,083 of 15,452
  Hello everyone, I'm Robert.  I'm just getting started into headphones and separate DACs and amps.   It's a lot of fun.  Been lurking in the forums for a few months.  Currently I'm using:

Hifiman HE-400i
Fostex TH-X00 Ebony
Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Asgard 2, Wyrd, Modi 2 Uber, Magni 2 Uber
Shanling M1
Windows 10 PC and Foobar2000

​Nice! I have the HE-400i and TH-X00 in my stable as well! I also have the Audeze EL-8 (open), ZMF Omni/Ori, and Audioquest NightHawk. I pair them all with the Schiit Jotunheim.

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #5,085 of 15,452
I'd love to have a Jot. But I just bought a Chord Mojo. Because.... Well, just because I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back