New Member Introductions thread
Jun 1, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #3,707 of 15,491
Hello, my name is Phil. Been someone that has been lurking this forum for a bit after my brother introduced me to it after I needed some input about getting good headphones. So decided to make an account because there are some good discussions on here.

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #3,708 of 15,491
Hello Head-Fi'ers my very first post here and cannot offer a great deal as I am just getting into Head-Fi.

I have just purchased some Audeze Sine planars which I drive with a Chord Mojo from either my Samsung Note 5 or Laptop and am very impressed with the results such a humble setup can achieve. 

I look forward to drawing on the knowledge of other around these parts.

Cheers
Matt 

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #3,710 of 15,491
Time to say hello after joining a few days ago and already posting one question on portable amps/dacs. Recently decided to invest in some good headphones (DT 880 600ohm), and find some time to listen to music in better quality. Plan to buy a better mains headphone amplifier so will be reading various reviews and threads here and probably asking questions before long!!
Cheers, John (England)

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,711 of 15,491
Hello, I've been into headphones for quite a while, taking recommandations mostly from here. Websites like Massdrop gave me the need to experiment again, otherwise I've been relying on a HD650 + Head-Direct EF-1 for almost 7 years.

I'm not so good at describing how headphones sound, however, I like to consider more practical things like usability and comfort. For example, why the hell do headphone amps put an on/off switch on the back?

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,712 of 15,491
Hello,. Name is Fred. First system was in 1977 and was a Yamaha MA-50 bridged and a Denon turntable with Genesis speakers. First time posting on any audio forum. Just found and purchased a Abraxas 6CL6 Custom Tube amp made in 2012 by Jeff Larson and is in great condition. Been looking for one of these for awhile. I love tube amps. But Listen to mostly instrumental Stoner rock and Doom but dable in a little of everything. Glad to be here and hope to learn more about top end audiophile gear.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #3,714 of 15,491
Hello, I'm a new guy from Somerdale, NJ.  My first taste of higher end audio began with the Grado Labs SR60e about 1.5yr ago.  I decided to join after reading reviews and opinions for the Fiio Q1 and Sony MDR-7560.  Both of which I recently received from Amazon.

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,715 of 15,491
Hi all, My name is Chris and I'm a long time lurker.  I recently decided to sign up and become a more active member of the community (I have plenty of questions lol).  I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD 598s, Ultrasone Pro 750s, and a pair of Custom Art EI.XX CIEM.  The CIEM are a recent purchase and I finally got a decent portable source (Fiio X5 II) to go with them.

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #3,718 of 15,491
Hi everyone, long time lurker finally decided to join because I'm starting to more seriously consider getting an assortment of equipment and can get more advice by asking than just hoping someone else has already asked!  Originally from Milwaukee but down in Canberra, OZ for school and finding limitations on products/shipping rather interesting (read: annoying, restrictive, and pricey!).

Anyhow, I've become fairly poor giving up my profession to work on a PhD and change gears a bit in life.  Was always interested in audio, but I'm actually doing Linguistics and do lots of fieldwork recording these days.  I have a newfound appreciation for sound quality because I need to transcribe properly all the sounds/words.  This has gotten me interested more in desktop DACs/amps/USB reclockers/low sound power, etc.  I've been using the Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones directly from my laptop and found these a great improvement over previous headphones.  However, I am always on the lookout for "pure" or "neutral" with as flat a frequency response as possible because of my linguistic work.

Currently eyeing up The Element from JDS and the Wyred4Sound USB reclocker which are both at roughly my upper spending limit as a student.  I've actually had a really hard time settling on these and probably there are better options, but I've been trying to balance good reviews, bad reviews, and price as my considerations.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #3,720 of 15,491
Hi all,
Been lurking for a few days and decided to join after seeing how everyone plays nice and give quality feedback to any questions that arise. A quality forum like this is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back