New Member Introductions thread
Mar 1, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #3,272 of 15,511
Hi I'm new here just wanted to ask help on choosing new headphones

I'm also new here, but I would be happy to share what little knowledge I have on the subject.  I have a small collection of entry-level/mid-fi headphones (Q701, SR225e, DT 990 Pro, T50 RP MK3, and ATH-M50).  For one reason or another, most of these have been identified as good buys.  If you're interested in any of these, I can let you know how they might sound comparatively.  If you're a savvy shopper and interested in this range of cans, they can all be found for $100-$170 (or even less used).  The prices of used cans on this forum tend to be lower than those I've seen elsewhere, and it appears that many of the members really take care of their equipment.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #3,274 of 15,511

I'm also new here, but I would be happy to share what little knowledge I have on the subject.  I have a small collection of entry-level/mid-fi headphones (Q701, SR225e, DT 990 Pro, T50 RP MK3, and ATH-M50).  For one reason or another, most of these have been identified as good buys.  If you're interested in any of these, I can let you know how they might sound comparatively.  If you're a savvy shopper and interested in this range of cans, they can all be found for $100-$170 (or even less used).  The prices of used cans on this forum tend to be lower than those I've seen elsewhere, and it appears that many of the members really take care of their equipment.

You have had an exquisite start. All that you mentioned are top notch choices even to the veterans. And yes, I myself sell off headphones for a steal on the forum which I would not do on eBay or anything. Family first :) !

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #3,275 of 15,511

You have had an exquisite start. All that you mentioned are top notch choices even to the veterans. And yes, I myself sell off headphones for a steal on the forum which I would not do on eBay or anything. Family first :) !

Thank you!  

I see that you have a couple of modified T50RPs.  I really want to dislike my stock MK3s.  There are several things that would normally be deal breakers for me (rolled-off highs/lows, prominent mid-bass hump, limited resolution, etc.) with these cans, but I can't seem to put them down.  They have a very addictive quality about them.  Perhaps it's time to visit the mod scene or start evaluating commercially available alternatives.

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #3,277 of 15,511
English is not good, it is not convenient to communicate.

Who can help me?
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #3,279 of 15,511
Hello, I'm new here.

I signed up because I'm kinda paranoid over ath-es10. I feel like the headphones are not fully showing their great potential volume power and bass. Are these fake what I bought, or I need an amp? 

Or it's because the device I using for traveling is samsung s5. Do I need to buy a music player or a portable amp? Even on my pc the bass sound a little weaker, even weaker than my ws99..

The treble is great, but I feel there something I miss about them.

Please someone, respond.

Edited:Also I listen to heavy edm, trance, dnb,dubstep,complextro, hardcore/j-core, and synthwave. I feel like this headphones are great for these type of music, but I feel less fulfilled with them..

Mar 1, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #3,281 of 15,511
Hello!

I joined head-fi about 4 months ago, but never really posted anything. So this is officially my first post!

This site is so great! It has most answers of my questions, so I guess that's why I never posted anything. But I'll be more active from now on! :D

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #3,283 of 15,511
Hi guys, I'm new to headfi. Discovered this place several years ago (when I was still rocking my Klipsch S4s and Audio-Technica ATH-M50) and since then have moved onto AKG K7XXs, MTPC, Ety ER4s, and a Centrance DAC/Amp all based on recommendations from you guys. Still have a long list of things I want :)

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #3,284 of 15,511
Welcome to Head-Fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back