New Member Introductions thread
Jul 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #1,936 of 15,490
Hello, I'm new, lol,and lost and frustrated. Can somebody please suggest to me how to get the most out of my earbuds. First, I listen to my music from a Sony Xperia Z3. The earbuds I recently bought are RHA T10i. They sound great, however, like the cheap earbuds, when I increase the volume on my phone, some stupid sound limiter kicks in and kills the music. What do I do? Please help. All advice is good advice, usually.

Update:
I went ahead and bought a mini amp. A Fiio E12A for IEM. Makes a world of difference. That's actually an understatement. I had no clue earbuds could sound so good. Like I knew I bought quality ones but wow. I didn't go the root the phone route basically because I know nothing about computers and I know for a fact if I were to try, I'd break my phone. Thanks all of you who gave advice. Gave me much to think about and consider. I appreciate all advice.

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #1,937 of 15,490
Hello, I'm new, lol,and lost and frustrated. Can somebody please suggest to me how to get the most out of my earbuds. First, I listen to my music from a Sony Xperia Z3. The earbuds I recently bought are RHA T10i. They sound great, however, like the cheap earbuds, when I increase the volume on my phone, some stupid sound limiter kicks in and kills the music. What do I do? Please help. All advice is good advice, usually.

The best way to change this is go into your file manager and find

edit/System/build.prop

Then go find: persist.audio.hp = true

Change to: persist.audio.hp = false

Save then reboot phone.

A text editor is needed.

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #1,938 of 15,490
Hi all,

New FiiO X5 2nd gen owner here.

Like many here (probably) I have various other bits and pieces... misc earphones (best: FIDUE A73, then random MEE Electronics earphones and tangles of Apple earphones), a couple of headphones, an old iPod that has seen lots of use, etc.

No stereo equipment because I live in an apartment.

Just starting to do some lossless rips of my CDs now to see how they sound on the Fiio.

My current newbie frustrations/questions with the X5 are:

- Seemingly no support for control buttons on any of the earphones I currently have (as above: Fidue & MEE Electronics).
- Can't work out the Fiio shortcut to choose the equalizer while a song is playing.
- Very laggy user interface. 

Anyway, I'm very new to this device so I shall see what I learn. I've updated the firmware already and I wonder if new updates come out frequently, or even if anyone has tried creating their own? 

Cheers,
Pete

Jul 15, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #1,939 of 15,490
The best way to change this is go into your file manager and find

edit/System/build.prop

Then go find: persist.audio.hp = true

Change to: persist.audio.hp = false

Save then reboot phone.

A text editor is needed.

I really like this idea, the only problem is that I have no clue where these types of files are located or how to edit them. What sort of file editor would I needand would it sort of find the files for me that I can't seem to find?

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,940 of 15,490
Hello Head-Fi.

My name is Jim and I'm from Daly City,California. I just joined and want to introduce myself.  I've been following Head-Fi for several years now and have learned a lot from the site and its members.  So why so long to join?  I read so may posts from some of the more prominent members that I didn't feel confident in joining.  It wasn't until I read posts from newcomers that I didn't feel so uncomfortable.  I've also been to several meets and I also went to Can-Jam in Costa-Mesa.  It was there that I met Amos Barnett (Currawong).  We were discussing the Cavelli Liquid Carbon that I had just heard when he asked me what my Head-Fi name is.  I gave him a rather lame excuse that I'm not a joiner.  With the SF Bay Area meet coming up this Saturday I thought it was about time to join.  I'm going to bring my TH900 as one member (STJJ89 I think) who is participating in the member showcase wanted to compare a stock TH900 with his modded TH900.  

Ps.  I wanted to add my inventory of headphones, amps, etc. to my profile.  The instructions on the profile page say click on the "Create a new list" but I can't find that on the page except for the instruction itself which is not a link.  If anyone can instruct me on how to create a list I'd be grateful. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,942 of 15,490
I really like this idea, the only problem is that I have no clue where these types of files are located or how to edit them. What sort of file editor would I needand would it sort of find the files for me that I can't seem to find?

Any text editor will work. The edit/System/build.prop is the location and file you want to edit.

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,944 of 15,490
Any text editor will work. The edit/System/build.prop is the location and file you want to edit.

No text editor will have read/write permission in system without root. You're missing a step =p

pucknut76,you will need to root your device to be able to resolve this issue through software. There's a process to do so, but it involves flashing a firmware downgrade + update on your device if you are on the current firmware version. This could end up bricking the device, deleting the proprietary Sony camera drivers that improve low light performance. Even if you do it without messing anything up, you have to go through the entire process all over again every time you want to do an update.

If you read through my little disclaimer and still want to do it, see this thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/general/guide-rootrecovery-how-to-root-install-t3017056

Jul 16, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,945 of 15,490
Hello all, nice to meet you all. I'm a guy from Denmark who likes to play a wide range of video games and listen to music almost every day. My taste in music is primarily electronic as a whole and most rock music too.

I have been visiting these forums for several years. The community seems nice and i thought i wanted to join, so here i am.

I got no real Hi-Fi equipment, but i have for some time wanted to get into getting some higher quality equipment for my computer. 

See you all in the forums.

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #1,946 of 15,490
Hello everyone!  I am new in this forum. I've found this forum to be a treasure clove of information and I've learned a lot browsing through the threads.

I currently own a pair of Rockit R-50 IEM that I use on a daily basis.  I have also acquired 2 AKG headphones K520 and K701.

I am now looking to get a dac and amp to properly drive the AKG k701 and was wondering if anybody have any suggestions?  Currently looking at Schiit Bifrost + Schiit Lyr / HEED CanAmp / Burson Soloist SL.  I've heard nothing but excellent reviews on the CanAmp+k701 synergy, but I am wondering which DAC should I pursue?  Thanks for your inputs in advance! :)

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,947 of 15,490
Hello everyone!  I am new in this forum. I've found this forum to be a treasure clove of information and I've learned a lot browsing through the threads.

I currently own a pair of Rockit R-50 IEM that I use on a daily basis.  I have also acquired 2 AKG headphones K520 and K701.

I am now looking to get a dac and amp to properly drive the AKG k701 and was wondering if anybody have any suggestions?  Currently looking at Schiit Bifrost + Schiit Lyr / HEED CanAmp / Burson Soloist SL.  I've heard nothing but excellent reviews on the CanAmp+k701 synergy, but I am wondering which DAC should I pursue?  Thanks for your inputs in advance! :)
The one that fits your needs and budget.

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #1,948 of 15,490
Hi everyone !

I'm new to both this forum and audio world. I was introduced to head-fi by my brother, after some stalking pd. I decided to join the forum :)
So far, I only get to use a couple of ATH IEMs and Bose's QT overears (or is it onears ?), and I found that I'm more of an ATH person. 
I dont have many experiences here, but look forward to learn as much as I can out of this world :wink:

Nice to meet y'all !
Cheers,
P.

Jul 19, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #1,949 of 15,490
Hey peeps, I am new here as well, starting to get my head around this whole high-end audio world and have already made my first decent purchase in a Fiio X5 Gen 2 - I love it so far.

I have a set of skull candy aviators as main headphones and B&O H3's for out and about.

I think next on the horizon will be decent set of cans and/or an amp (looking at a Fiio E12A)

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #1,950 of 15,490
Hey everyone, how are you? I'm Nathan, and currently live in Japan, although I'm moving to Taiwan soon. 

I'm currently a student, have been for the past year and a half, and am learning Japanese. Right now though, I am switching to Mandarin and will be moving to Taiwan in September to attend a language school there.

On the side I'm also learning front-end web development along with Javascript programming. Hoping to start earning a bit of money with that in a few months.

I've never been too much of an audiophile, but I do enjoy listening to music and bought my first expensive pair of headphones a couple years ago: a pair of Sennheiser Momentums. I think the new model is cheaper and different, and I'm not sure why it's cheaper, but the pair I got was my first 300 dollar pair.

Now I'm looking to sell those for a different style, namely around-ears since the on-ear types hurt my ears after about an hour. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back