New Member Introductions thread
Jul 12, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,921 of 15,495
Hello, I am also new here. My name is Luke.
I have been slowly getting into hi end audio over the last year and a half. I do not have much gear yet but I enjoy reading up on high end audio - whether it's headphones, amps or loud speakers. It's the music that drives me (doesn't it drive us all?) to seek out the best audio gear I can get my hands on... If only my wallet would be on the same page. Oh well...

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #1,922 of 15,495
Hi everyone!
I'm form North Dakota. I feel like not too many people from here use this site :p
I am just recently getting into the whole higher quality headphones.
What got me into headphones was my friend bought me a pair of Sennheiser HD598s for my birthday, which were a massive improvement over my $10 Wal-Mart bin headphones I had before. That massive improvement in quality and comfort got me hooked to the idea of actually spending money on something I use nearly everyday. Now that I'm looking at taking the next step in audio quality I figured a wise thing to do would be joining a site that seems to know everything there is about headphones. I also figured that I could get peoples' opinions what I should look for in new better headphones.

Plus this site's trading area seems like the best place to go to get the best deals on used head phones.

P.S.
Is there away to link my E-bay reviews to this site so if/when I buy headphones here people will know that I can be trusted?

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #1,923 of 15,495
Hello head-fi!

I've been reading the forums and doing research using head-fi whenever I've needed a new pair of headphones. Thank you all for your insights!

I'm (a legal alien, I'm) an Englishman living in Stockholm working as a researcher at Ericsson. I've had an interest in audio and video compression for about fifteen years and now I sit on the same corridor as many of those who contributed to many digital audio and video standards we use today.

I mostly like metal, prog metal, various rock, funky stuff, vocals, riffs, bass lines, complex rhythms and melodies. I own a pair of ATH-M50 but the hinge broke. Sad times.

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #1,924 of 15,495
Hi there, I am from SF (as my name implies) and I am a college student/startup founder. I have been on Head-Fi for a long time now, but finally decided to register 20 minutes before posting this. I got into headphones/hi-fi audio when I went out and bought myself a pair of Klipsch Custom 2's after I decided to trash my crappy $5 Walgreens IEMs because I grew tired of the bargain bin sound I bought myself when I was growing up. At that point, I began to listen to headphones of all price ranges and after going through 20+ pairs of IEMS and Over/On ears, I have settled on 15 pairs that I am currently satisfied with. Who knows, maybe I'll sell some of my headphones to fund a pair of custom IEMs from JH audio or Aurisonics, but FitEar has me wanting their Monet 17(?). 

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #1,925 of 15,495
Hello,
New guy here, I'm kinda new to the 'High Quality' headphones and the like. I just recently bought my first pair of IEM's the MEElectronics M6Pro. I really enjoy my music and I'm finding myself in this forum more and more everyday. I definitely would not consider myself an 'audiophile' just someone that loves music. My next purchase I'm hoping will be a portable amp and am looking at the Topping NX1, I have a very limited budget but would really love to try the Soundblaster E5, regardless I am excited to hear what I've been missing!

Thanks,
Dominic

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,926 of 15,495
Hello everyone! :)

Just a few weeks ago, I started to consider getting new headphones. I live with my family at home, so I can't enjoy my new Razer Leviathan soundbar as much as I'd want. I've been using Sennheiser CX 215 -cheap in-ear headphones- for quite some years. It was the first time in my life I paid a "noticeable" price for headphones. I was very pleasantly surprised by the difference that made then, so when my first pair died, I got new ones.

When I first looked over the internet a bit, I felt totally overwhelmed. There is such a huge world around headphones! Countless models, the existence of "amps", technical aspects of music...

I do enjoy music a lot, but I'm by no means an audiophile - I'm just a newbie. So when I found Head-fi, I considered joining the community so I could get serious help with my choice. And, who knows, maybe I might really like that world and start to dig into it. Of course, always with the goal to enjoy my favourite music in new and improved ways!

Sorry if my English is a bit lacking somewhere, since it's not my home language :)

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #1,927 of 15,495
Hi all. Long-time lurker, first time posting. It's so easy to get lost reading reviews here! The community has been a great reference for planning an inventory, which I'm slowly bringing myself around to invest in. Anyway, thought it was about time I finally sign up.

I'm looking forward to better listening, and I hope the earcandy can drown out my wallet's dying pleas.

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #1,928 of 15,495
I have a marantz sr5009,
What is good to get next?
A amplifier? Super audio CD player? NA?

I'm planning on getting martin Logan motion speakers latter on, I have a 7.1 setup right now and am looking at using a harddrive for music in the future

Jul 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #1,929 of 15,495
Hello all! I'm new to scene with a recently bought xeulin 770c. Just got it today actually lol! I've seen this particular 770c mentioned a few times in these forums and was hoping to get some feedback on how, if possible, do you change the language on the player from Chinese to English? Anyway, I'm looking forward to some hifi discussions in the near future Oh, I'm an engineering technician by trade. Love the gadgets and whatnot. Cheers!

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #1,930 of 15,495
Hey everyone! Just a new audiophile here looking for information, recommendations, and just good ol' discussion. Currently I run with some Shure SE535's and a sonos bluetooth system for around the house. In the air force and move around quite a bit so still havent invested heavily into any kind of large stereo equipment. Look forward to chatting with you all!

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,932 of 15,495
Hi. New here at head-fi. Looking for advice on how to connect Deqx hdp-5

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorendk and everyone!

I do not have any experience with the DEQX HDP-5, but these links should hopefully assist you:

How to install your DEQX HDP-5 - http://www.deqx.com/product-hdp5-install.php

You can also contact DEQX directly for support, here: http://www.deqx.com/support.php

Sorry I couldn't help you out further, but looking forward to finding out know how it goes!

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #1,933 of 15,495
Hi
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorendk and everyone!

I do not have any experience with the DEQX HDP-5, but these links should hopefully assist you:

How to install your DEQX HDP-5 - http://www.deqx.com/product-hdp5-install.php

You can also contact DEQX directly for support, here: http://www.deqx.com/support.php

Sorry I couldn't help you out further, but let us know how it goes, and welcome!
[/quote

Thankyou. For your fast reply..:). The problem with the Deqx is that i have to disconnect my speakers to ploug in a rca- Jack or connect via a second Dac. ( and realy like to use the Dac in Deqx.) by the Way i am going to buy beyerdynamic t90 as my fist real headphone.

Jul 14, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #1,934 of 15,495
Hey all, been using head-fi as a reference for a while and finally joining to post!  I've been looking around for ideas on a good reference quality headphone and preamp setup to go with my turntable.  I'm departing from a pair of Beats headphones I received as a gift, and a couple generation back Bose over-ear headphones I'd used for a couple years before, both with peeling ear cups.  An upgrade has been a long time coming, and since I've started growing a vinyl collection I felt I wasn't getting the most out of the format with my current setup.  Looking forward to better listening!

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #1,935 of 15,495
Hi everyone. Just joined this site after trawling through all its excellent information these last few months . Just thought I'd say thanks to all the contributers especially on the sub £150 iem areas that has been my main focal point since my current earphones (Eightball EX811 s ~ no I didnt think you'd have heard of them ) had to be replaced on warranty.
Anyway, hopefully in the coming weeks I may put out a review up about these (my current favourite earphone)if any one is interested and the moderators dont have me down as a robot.
Ps moderators I am not affiliated in any way to this company , just a newbie at this . Hope to have a bit more to say when I get the time to.
Once again , thanks for a brilliant web site.
Current set up :- lg g2
Closed Headphone. Superlux hd681
Earphone. Eightball ex811
Soundmagic pl11
Sennheiser cx200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back