New Member Introductions thread
Apr 20, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #1,577 of 15,452
I'm on build #2 on my room, with #3 in the planning stages.  Unfortunately, the family CFO won't approve the next build for another year or two.

Onkyo TX-NR609 (great starter receiver, but definitely the weak point for audio in the room now; amp starts to distort slightly in the last 10 dB before you hit reference)
Definitive Tech ProCinema 1000/2000 monitors in a 5.x setup
Definitive Tech Super Cube II x2 subwoofers
Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray player
Samsung LED TV for display

Room treatments are ATS Acoustics 2'x4' panels (x8) and 4 upper-corner traps for bass arrest.

Next step is a big one and has to be all at once.  Planning to move to in-wall speakers behind an acoustically transparent projection screen with projector and hopefully DTS:X will be stabilized by then and I can upgrade to that at the same time.

Thanks for asking!

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #1,578 of 15,452
Hi everyone I just found this website today, and love listening to music during my work day. Im a graphic designer & photographer so on a computer all day long with headphones, I've had a pair of V-Modas for almost a year now and happy so far. But this website is great so much information here!

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,579 of 15,452
  Quite right, Louie - I don't want any more problems in that department. The FiiO RC-HD1 is a lovely gold terminated PCCOC-A replacement which obviates the need for any cumbersome 3.5mm adaptor. But as a fellow spec-addict you no doubt already know this. On the music side, Dazed and confused is a great song which I also relate to.

No, I didn't know that.  But I want to thank you for the incentive to look it up immediately and study the heck out of it!

Please don't feel badly about my relapse.  First, it's not your fault.  Second, I did listen to some new Indie music while I conducted my research.

Why am I not surprised that someone who can relate to that song is a fellow specoholic?  Is it because we crave the certainty promised by numbers... while what's really important leaves us so perplexed?

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,581 of 15,452
Hi head fi'ers,

My name is Nick and I'm just getting into high end audio. I currently have Beyerdynamic DT 770s (80 ohm version) paired with an Audioengine D1 which I've had for the last year or so. I'm an active user over at overclock.net but decided to branch out to a more audio specific forum to get a wider range of advice on my next purchases. I hope to meet some interesting people and start participating more frequently once I become more well informed about audio products!

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,582 of 15,452
Hello everyone, my name is James and I am just getting into the world of high-end sound and headphones. I recently purchased the AKG K553 Pro's and an SMSL SD793-II. My wife's co-worker pointed me here so figured I should join up and participate in the community! Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #1,583 of 15,452
Hello headfi'ers,
I'm Dileep and saw this forum when I was researching online about IEMs and thought this a good place to sign in for posting and asking help.

I've a decent set up:
Bowers and Wilkins M-1s -5 nos
Bowers and Wilkins 686 bookshelves - 2 nos
Definitive SC 4000 sub - 1 no